Archie Bunker where are you????

When I was growing up, All In the Family, as was Rosanne, was the number one show on television....here you had this white middle class racist to core Archie Bunker hating on every nationality known to man, spewing harsh, insulting and cruel insults to amazement of his viewers and for a long time, as a young black teen, I was a hater of Archie Bunker.....but like most Americans I grew to love both Archie and his racism and let me tell you why!!

All in the Family came at a time, when we as Americans needed to laugh. We had yet another ass ho in the white house, the vet war just about ending, high unemployment, inflation, uncertainty and yes our share of racism....BUT WE ALSO HAD A SAFE STABLE BALANCED GOVERNMENT, a news cycle that was honest and fair and we had neighbors that actually held conversations with you after dinner while sitting on your porch. We felt safe.

When it was announced that Rosanne would return, only this time she'll portray herself as a Trump supporter, right away I was turned off...BECAUSE TRUMP'S WORLD HAS NO HUMOR OR LAUGHTER TO IT. I CAN NOT LAUGH OR ENJOY JOKES MADE WITH THIS MAN AND THE CARNAGE OF HATRED HE'S GIVING TO THIS NATION....I knew what type of viewers she'd get and I knew it would be just a matter of time before the laughs would end...., I never dreamed it was be because of her views, I just figured this woman is no Archie Bunker and Trump and this white house is no Nixon.

Ms Barr is entitle to her racist views, but to have a young impressionable black child on that show, to have viewers of all colors watch and enjoy your show, only to have you, Ms Barr spit in thier face with your views publicly....Archie Bunker...where are you? We need to laugh again at ourselves

Barr did not know that Valerie Jarrett was black because she doesn't look black, therefore she is not a racist. However the over reaction by left wing knuttjobs is what was the real racist.

valieryjarrett.jpg

She is how helped Obama arm the Iranians with nukes.

When I was growing up, All In the Family, as was Rosanne, was the number one show on television....here you had this white middle class racist to core Archie Bunker hating on every nationality known to man, spewing harsh, insulting and cruel insults to amazement of his viewers and for a long time, as a young black teen, I was a hater of Archie Bunker.....but like most Americans I grew to love both Archie and his racism and let me tell you why!!

All in the Family came at a time, when we as Americans needed to laugh. We had yet another ass ho in the white house, the vet war just about ending, high unemployment, inflation, uncertainty and yes our share of racism....BUT WE ALSO HAD A SAFE STABLE BALANCED GOVERNMENT, a news cycle that was honest and fair and we had neighbors that actually held conversations with you after dinner while sitting on your porch. We felt safe.

When it was announced that Rosanne would return, only this time she'll portray herself as a Trump supporter, right away I was turned off...BECAUSE TRUMP'S WORLD HAS NO HUMOR OR LAUGHTER TO IT. I CAN NOT LAUGH OR ENJOY JOKES MADE WITH THIS MAN AND THE CARNAGE OF HATRED HE'S GIVING TO THIS NATION....I knew what type of viewers she'd get and I knew it would be just a matter of time before the laughs would end...., I never dreamed it was be because of her views, I just figured this woman is no Archie Bunker and Trump and this white house is no Nixon.

Ms Barr is entitle to her racist views, but to have a young impressionable black child on that show, to have viewers of all colors watch and enjoy your show, only to have you, Ms Barr spit in thier face with your views publicly....Archie Bunker...where are you? We need to laugh again at ourselves

Norman Leer is an anti-Wasp bigot.
He created the Archie character as an expression of his loathing.
But, it backfired on him a bit when the Archie character became popular.

12 bucks?....were the hell do you live?...its 6 something were i am at....

I don't know where you live but it is $4.50 here
then why did you say 12 bucks a pack?..

Chicago, New York, get out and live a little
oh ok...unlike you i dont go places to see what the fucking cigarette prices are...maybe you should get realistic...

Realistic what you don't think they cost $12 bucks plus?
bear if i go somewhere i dont check up on the cigarette prices.....

/----/ Archie Bunker was portrayed by a fine actor Carroll O'Connor who in real life was a big time liberal. Roseanne Barr's character Roseanne Conner reflects the actresses actual political view. Big difference. BTW, my wife grew up in Queens not far from where the exterior shots were taken for the Archie Bunker house.

I got no problems with Barr's views, if you hate a mf, you hate a mf...what I got problems with is Ms. Barr chose to share those views publicly humiliating people of color. This woman is sick. Now for a lighter tone, OMG...how lucky can a wife be!!!!

/----/ That makes no sense. For generations, Libs have preached that we all descended from apes. So why are libs offended?

With Democrats insisting blacks had not developed far from apes.

With Whites insisting blacks had not developed far from apes.

"Muslim Brotherhood and Planet of the Apes had a baby = vj".

The tweet had NOTHING TO DO WITH RACE. In all honesty, Valerie Jarrett takes great pains to avoid looking like an African American, and no one has even made any attempt to show that Roseanne even knew that Jarrett is African American.

The tweet was a humorous and sarcastic critique of Jarrett's involvement in the since-rejected-never-ratified Iran Nuclear deal. It was cruel, tasteless, and cutting, but not racist in any way.

But it was immediately branded as "racist" by the Media guru's who have always hated Roseanne Barr, and that characterization remains. In Barr's many-decades of entertainment work, no one has come up with a single instance of her making an actual racist statement, or treating any person of color in anything other than a respectful manner.

But when it comes to the Leftist slander machine, facts are irrelevant.

And for the record, "Archie Bunker" was the vacuous creation of a group of ignorant, elitist New York Jews whose only knowledge of actual working class white people was the occasional conversation with a cab driver - back in the days when there were a few white cab drivers to be found in New York.

/----/ Archie Bunker was portrayed by a fine actor Carroll O'Connor who in real life was a big time liberal. Roseanne Barr's character Roseanne Conner reflects the actresses actual political view. Big difference. BTW, my wife grew up in Queens not far from where the exterior shots were taken for the Archie Bunker house.

I got no problems with Barr's views, if you hate a mf, you hate a mf...what I got problems with is Ms. Barr chose to share those views publicly humiliating people of color. This woman is sick. Now for a lighter tone, OMG...how lucky can a wife be!!!!

/----/ That makes no sense. For generations, Libs have preached that we all descended from apes. So why are libs offended?

With Democrats insisting blacks had not developed far from apes.

With Whites insisting blacks had not developed far from apes.

Shameful what Democrats did and said.

Yeah, the era of Vietnam, Watergate, Soviet threats, and 25% home loan rates was such a stable and peaceful time in America. :cuckoo:

I long for the days of people enjoying entertainment like All in the Family and Blazing Saddles because people were adults back then who could do critical thinking and realize reality.

And you feel safe with Trump????? LOLOLOLOL you need a life

Yeah, the era of Vietnam, Watergate, Soviet threats, and 25% home loan rates was such a stable and peaceful time in America. :cuckoo:

I long for the days of people enjoying entertainment like All in the Family and Blazing Saddles because people were adults back then who could do critical thinking and realize reality.

And you feel safe with Trump????? LOLOLOLOL you need a life

/—-/ Why wouldn’t I feel safe with Trump? Hildabeast scared the hell out of me, though.

Min wage around 2.10 an hour....40 plus years later, its 7.40.....

A pack of smokes 60 cents you could buy 3 packs in Chicago @ $2.10 an hour..

Today it is $12 bucks a pack, you can't even buy 1 pack...

Thank you libtards anti poor...

Illinois $11.50 per pack
New York $12.85

Now you cons can cry about a tax on something like cigarettes and totally ignore the fact that Trump's policies are raising prices.

Anyone stupid enough to smoke cigs deserves to be gouged.

Illinois $11.50 per pack
New York $12.85

Now you cons can cry about a tax on something like cigarettes and totally ignore the fact that Trump's policies are raising prices.

/——-/ New York City
2578C89F-AFC6-40B0-9670-F1A62C6B22AF.jpeg

Illinois $11.50 per pack
New York $12.85

/—/ I quit smoking when the price hit $1 a pack.

Ahh...but the cost of living was still substantially less. With the exorbitant interest rates.
Housing prices far away usurped the higher interest rates...
As an example, my parents bought a 3 bdrm home, large yard, paved driveway with a garage for $36,000 in 1974. And the home was less than 10 years old.
That same house today, in this area, would be at least $200,000.
Dad bought a new Chevrolet Malibu for $4,700 in 1977. Same model today, with similar upgrades will about $21,000.
That you’re still on minimum wage 40 years later is on you, sweetheart.

Ahh...but the cost of living was still substantially less. With the exorbitant interest rates.
Housing prices far away usurped the higher interest rates...
As an example, my parents bought a 3 bdrm home, large yard, paved driveway with a garage for $36,000 in 1974. And the home was less than 10 years old.
That same house today, in this area, would be at least $200,000.
Dad bought a new Chevrolet Malibu for $4,700 in 1977. Same model today, with similar upgrades will about $21,000.
/—-/ What career path did you choose, one with lifetime minimum wage?

Illinois $11.50 per pack
New York $12.85

they say the same shit about those who smoke pot....

Illinois $11.50 per pack
New York $12.85

they say the same shit about those who smoke pot....
It’s true. Booze and soda too. These are the things we should tax.

Listen. We got to get the taxes from somewhere. Where do you want to get the money?

That's what todays assholes don't get. Archie wasn't "racist".. He had buddies that were wops, hebes, polocks,jungle bunnies,beaners, chinks and every other kind of American at the docks, the bar and elsewhere.
Guys like Lionel understood that. So did meathead.

That's what todays assholes don't get. Archie wasn't "racist".. He had buddies that were wops, hebes, polocks,jungle bunnies,beaners, chinks and every other kind of American at the docks, the bar and elsewhere.
Guys like Lionel understood that. So did meathead.
Lionel mocked Archie and Archie drove meathead insane with his ignorant bigoted racism.

All of Archie’s friends were white. Wasn’t Sam the butcher on the Brady bunch stretch Cunningham?

Forum List

Back