Archie Bunker where are you????

tigerred59

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2015
When I was growing up, All In the Family, as was Rosanne, was the number one show on television....here you had this white middle class racist to core Archie Bunker hating on every nationality known to man, spewing harsh, insulting and cruel insults to amazement of his viewers and for a long time, as a young black teen, I was a hater of Archie Bunker.....but like most Americans I grew to love both Archie and his racism and let me tell you why!!

All in the Family came at a time, when we as Americans needed to laugh. We had yet another ass ho in the white house, the vet war just about ending, high unemployment, inflation, uncertainty and yes our share of racism....BUT WE ALSO HAD A SAFE STABLE BALANCED GOVERNMENT, a news cycle that was honest and fair and we had neighbors that actually held conversations with you after dinner while sitting on your porch. We felt safe.

When it was announced that Rosanne would return, only this time she'll portray herself as a Trump supporter, right away I was turned off...BECAUSE TRUMP'S WORLD HAS NO HUMOR OR LAUGHTER TO IT. I CAN NOT LAUGH OR ENJOY JOKES MADE WITH THIS MAN AND THE CARNAGE OF HATRED HE'S GIVING TO THIS NATION....I knew what type of viewers she'd get and I knew it would be just a matter of time before the laughs would end...., I never dreamed it was be because of her views, I just figured this woman is no Archie Bunker and Trump and this white house is no Nixon.

Ms Barr is entitle to her racist views, but to have a young impressionable black child on that show, to have viewers of all colors watch and enjoy your show, only to have you, Ms Barr spit in thier face with your views publicly....Archie Bunker...where are you? We need to laugh again at ourselves

When I was growing up, All In the Family, as was Rosanne, was the number one show on television....here you had this white middle class racist to core Archie Bunker hating on every nationality known to man, spewing harsh, insulting and cruel insults to amazement of his viewers and for a long time, as a young black teen, I was a hater of Archie Bunker.....but like most Americans I grew to love both Archie and his racism and let me tell you why!!

All in the Family came at a time, when we as Americans needed to laugh. We had yet another ass ho in the white house, the vet war just about ending, high unemployment, inflation, uncertainty and yes our share of racism....BUT WE ALSO HAD A SAFE STABLE BALANCED GOVERNMENT, a news cycle that was honest and fair and we had neighbors that actually held conversations with you after dinner while sitting on your porch. We felt safe.

When it was announced that Rosanne would return, only this time she'll portray herself as a Trump supporter, right away I was turned off...BECAUSE TRUMP'S WORLD HAS NO HUMOR OR LAUGHTER TO IT. I CAN NOT LAUGH OR ENJOY JOKES MADE WITH THIS MAN AND THE CARNAGE OF HATRED HE'S GIVING TO THIS NATION....I knew what type of viewers she'd get and I knew it would be just a matter of time before the laughs would end...., I never dreamed it was be because of her views, I just figured this woman is no Archie Bunker and Trump and this white house is no Nixon.

Ms Barr is entitle to her racist views, but to have a young impressionable black child on that show, to have viewers of all colors watch and enjoy your show, only to have you, Ms Barr spit in thier face with your views publicly....Archie Bunker...where are you? We need to laugh again at ourselves

/----/ Archie Bunker was portrayed by a fine actor Carroll O'Connor who in real life was a big time liberal. Roseanne Barr's character Roseanne Conner reflects the actresses actual political view. Big difference. BTW, my wife grew up in Queens not far from where the exterior shots were taken for the Archie Bunker house.

• Banned

/----/ Archie Bunker was portrayed by a fine actor Carroll O'Connor who in real life was a big time liberal. Roseanne Barr's character Roseanne Conner reflects the actresses actual political view. Big difference. BTW, my wife grew up in Queens not far from where the exterior shots were taken for the Archie Bunker house.

I got no problems with Barr's views, if you hate a mf, you hate a mf...what I got problems with is Ms. Barr chose to share those views publicly humiliating people of color. This woman is sick. Now for a lighter tone, OMG...how lucky can a wife be!!!!

I got no problems with Barr's views, if you hate a mf, you hate a mf...what I got problems with is Ms. Barr chose to share those views publicly humiliating people of color. This woman is sick. Now for a lighter tone, OMG...how lucky can a wife be!!!!

/----/ That makes no sense. For generations, Libs have preached that we all descended from apes. So why are libs offended?

Yeah, the era of Vietnam, Watergate, Soviet threats, and 25% home loan rates was such a stable and peaceful time in America. :cuckoo:

I long for the days of people enjoying entertainment like All in the Family and Blazing Saddles because people were adults back then who could do critical thinking and realize reality.

/----/ That makes no sense. For generations, Libs have preached that we all descended from apes. So why are libs offended?

With Democrats insisting blacks had not developed far from apes.

Yeah, the era of Vietnam, Watergate, Soviet threats, and 25% home loan rates was such a stable and peaceful time in America. :cuckoo:

I long for the days of people enjoying entertainment like All in the Family and Blazing Saddles because people were adults back then who could do critical thinking and realize reality.

Ahh...but the cost of living was still substantially less. With the exorbitant interest rates.
Housing prices far away usurped the higher interest rates...
As an example, my parents bought a 3 bdrm home, large yard, paved driveway with a garage for $36,000 in 1974. And the home was less than 10 years old.
That same house today, in this area, would be at least $200,000.
Dad bought a new Chevrolet Malibu for $4,700 in 1977. Same model today, with similar upgrades will about $21,000.

• Banned

Compared to an openly racist corrupt, unpredictable greedy old white maniac we now have in the white house today, ya betcha them was the good ol days!!

Ahh...but the cost of living was still substantially less. With the exorbitant interest rates.
As an example, my parents bought a 3 bdrm home, large yard, paved driveway with a garage for $36,000 in 1974. And the home was less than 10 years old.
Dad bought a new Chevrolet Malibu for $4,700 in 1977. Same model today, with similar upgrades will about $21,000.
Min wage around 2.10 an hour....40 plus years later, its 7.40.....

With Democrats insisting blacks had not developed far from apes.

Yeah, that ape that just left the white house......wasn't too bad, eh

Because a white pig bathed in botox said it.

People of colour? You mean other than white there is only one other colour and they were ALL humiliated the world over by one word by one person on one tweet only seen by those who follow her tweets? THAT is where the real sickness lies, that you BELIEVE THAT SHIT. God help you that you ever have a REAL problem to deal with that you no longer have the time to bitch about every single micro-trespass in your pathetic life.

Compared to an openly racist corrupt, unpredictable greedy old white maniac we now have in the white house today, ya betcha them was the good ol days!!

Tell us why Bill Clinton liked hanging out with openly racist, corrupt, unpredictable greedy old white maniacs.

You dumbasses always have your lies bite you in the ass.

People of colour? You mean other than white there is only one other colour and they were ALL humiliated the world over by one word by one person on one tweet only seen by those who follow her tweets? THAT is where the real sickness lies, that you BELIEVE THAT SHIT. God help you that you ever have a REAL problem to deal with that you no longer have the time to bitch about every single micro-trespass in your pathetic life.

Listen, I am offended.....just as you white shit for brains fucks are offended seeing nigga's kneel at a fuckin NFL game....note to fuckin rednecks...the gotdamn world don't always revolve around you and your gotdamned feelings!! Now stuff that up your ass and smoke it!!

Tell us why Bill Clinton liked hanging out with openly racist, corrupt, unpredictable greedy old white maniacs.

You dumbasses always have your lies bite you in the ass.

Note to shit for brains...you will never ever ever find one gotdamned post of me saying anything good about Bill or his fuckin wife. I was never a fan...now with that being said, do me a favor and kiss my black ass and do wear my favorite lipstick...chicken blue!!:abgg2q.jpg::abgg2q.jpg:

IDIOT!

Listen, I am offended.....just as you white shit for brains fucks are offended seeing nigga's kneel at a fuckin NFL game....note to fuckin rednecks...the gotdamn world don't always revolve around you and your gotdamned feelings!! Now stuff that up your ass and smoke it!!

/----/
offended.jpg

Most households at that time were single income. Later in the 70's both the husband and wife had to work to maintain the same lifestyle.

Most households at that time were single income. Later in the 70's both the husband and wife had to work to maintain the same lifestyle.
In white house holds, hommie, both my parents worked....June Cleaver stayed home, Florida had to work in Maude's kitchen to keep the Good Times ...going!!

Forum List

Back