Arab League criticizes allied airstrikes on Libya

Population:

UAE: 4.7 Mio (US Military bases)
Qatar: 1.7 Mio (US Gulf Navy)
= 6.4 Mio from 1.6 Billion Muslims.

The Future of the Global Muslim Population - Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life

Most of Arab League countries are sub-contractor of US Oil, Inc. with S.Arabia being top dog in that organization. They don't legitimacy in front of their population.
How can anybody claim, that Libyan bombing is 'World consensus' if not one real independent Muslim country from 1.6 Billion people is represented in UN Security Council.

Last edited:
German Press says, that Turkey blocks NATO's involvement in Libya.

Hamburger Abendblatt
WELT ONLINE

Turkey criticizes the civilian deaths the bombings by US-France-Brit have caused and warns against negative consequences for NATO's involvement in Libya.

NATO will again meet tomorrow 16:30 M.European time.
If tomorrow can't be reached agreement, USA will either transfer command to EU or Brit-France coalition.

AFP says, that Ghaddafi's palace in Tripolis has been bombed.

NATO is defence Alliance, not offense Alliance to bomb Muslim countries.

You have a point, I would say Nato is a defensive alliance period. Lets not get lost in bias eh?

the preamble to the nato treaty;

The Parties to this Treaty reaffirm their faith in the purposes and principles of the Charter of the United Nations and their desire to live in peace with all peoples and all governments.
They are determined to safeguard the freedom, common heritage and civilisation of their peoples, founded on the principles of democracy, individual liberty and the rule of law. They seek to promote stability and well-being in the North Atlantic area.

They are resolved to unite their efforts for collective defence and for the preservation of peace and security. They therefore agree to this North Atlantic Treaty :

NATO - Official text: The North Atlantic Treaty, 04-Apr.-1949

I didn't see anything in the treaty speaking to this kind of action...

I guess the ' preservation of peace and security' now extends to offensive actions taken across the Med. ;)

Arab League condemns broad bombing campaign in Libya

“What is happening in Libya differs from the aim of imposing a no-fly zone,” he said in a statement on the official Middle East News Agency. “And what we want is the protection of civilians and not the shelling of more civilians.”

Moussa’s declaration suggested that some of the 22 Arab League members were taken aback by what they have seen and wanted to modify their approval lest they be perceived as accepting outright Western military intervention in Libya. Although the eccentric Gaddafi is widely looked down on in the Arab world, the leaders and people of the Middle East traditionally have risen up in emotional protest at the first sign of Western intervention.

Arab League condemns broad bombing campaign in Libya - The Washington Post

You have a point, I would say Nato is a defensive alliance period. Lets not get lost in bias eh?

The Parties to this Treaty reaffirm their faith in the purposes and principles of the Charter of the United Nations and their desire to live in peace with all peoples and all governments.
They are determined to safeguard the freedom, common heritage and civilisation of their peoples, founded on the principles of democracy, individual liberty and the rule of law. They seek to promote stability and well-being in the North Atlantic area.

They are resolved to unite their efforts for collective defence and for the preservation of peace and security. They therefore agree to this North Atlantic Treaty :

I guess the ' preservation of peace and security' now extends to offensive actions taken across the Med. ;)

France offered security forces to crush the demonstrations in Tunisia.
French minister defends offer of security forces to Tunisia | World news | The Guardian

Libya has oil and France is 'Human Rights defender'.
The USA tries to give impression, that it doesn't lead yet another aggressions against a Muslim country, but there are B-2 bombers in the Sky.

Off course, that Libya has biggest Oil resources in Africa is not the reason.

I hope my country stays out of this, even if that means a break with NATO.
Kudos to Germany!

“What is happening in Libya differs from the aim of imposing a no-fly zone,” he said in a statement on the official Middle East News Agency. “And what we want is the protection of civilians and not the shelling of more civilians.”

Moussa’s declaration suggested that some of the 22 Arab League members were taken aback by what they have seen and wanted to modify their approval lest they be perceived as accepting outright Western military intervention in Libya. Although the eccentric Gaddafi is widely looked down on in the Arab world, the leaders and people of the Middle East traditionally have risen up in emotional protest at the first sign of Western intervention.

from the link;

Moussa said the Arab League’s approval of a no-fly zone on March 12 was based on a desire to prevent Moammar Gaddafi’s air force from attacking civilians and was not designed to endorse the intense bombing and missile attacks — including on Tripoli, the capital, and on Libyan ground forces — whose images have filled Arab television screens for two days.'

“What is happening in Libya differs from the aim of imposing a no-fly zone,” he said in a statement carried by the official Middle East News Agency. “And what we want is the protection of civilians and not the shelling of more civilians.”

and there it is, I am also watching Wolf Blitzer right now, he just made exactly the same comment, it appears we may have been had.

I have said all along, this is not a no fly zone, they are to be kind, shading the truth.

Anyone ever see Breaker Morant?...I am reminded of the part where Edward Woodward and Bryan Brown are walking past peters cell towards their death, ( he, peter was spared a firing squad) and he calls out to them, Woodward was he slowly walks by says, " this is what come of empire building peter"....if you saw the movie or know the story you'll see the flavor of the comment I am making.

France offered security forces to crush the demonstrations in Tunisia.
French minister defends offer of security forces to Tunisia | World news | The Guardian

Libya has oil and France is 'Human Rights defender'.
The USA tries to give impression, that it doesn't lead yet another aggressions against a Muslim country, but there are B-2 bombers in the Sky.

Off course, that Libya has biggest Oil resources in Africa is not the reason.

I hope my country stays out of this, even if that means a break with NATO.
Kudos to Germany!

from your link Ekrem;

date jan 2011-
The French foreign minister, Michèle Alliot-Marie, today defended her controversial offer to help Tunisia's deposed president restore order days before he was ousted.

snip-

Today, Alliot-Marie fended off opposition calls for her resignation and told parliamentarians that France, along with other countries, had "not seen events coming".

"Let's face it, we were all of us – politicians, diplomats, researchers, journalists – taken by surprise by the jasmine revolution," Alliot-Marie said.

gotta hand it to you, nice find.

from the link;

Moussa said the Arab League’s approval of a no-fly zone on March 12 was based on a desire to prevent Moammar Gaddafi’s air force from attacking civilians and was not designed to endorse the intense bombing and missile attacks — including on Tripoli, the capital, and on Libyan ground forces — whose images have filled Arab television screens for two days.'

“What is happening in Libya differs from the aim of imposing a no-fly zone,” he said in a statement carried by the official Middle East News Agency. “And what we want is the protection of civilians and not the shelling of more civilians.”

and there it is, I am also watching Wolf Blitzer right now, he just made exactly the same comment, it appears we may have been had.

I have said all along, this is not a no fly zone, they are to be kind, shading the truth.

Anyone ever see Breaker Morant?...I am reminded of the part where Edward Woodward and Bryan Brown are walking past peters cell towards their death, ( he, peter was spared a firing squad) and he calls out to them, Woodward was he slowly walks by says, " this is what come of empire building peter"....if you saw the movie or know the story you'll see the flavor of the comment I am making.

My question is why is the U.N doing this in libya and did nothing last year in Iran? What about Darfur?

from the link;

My question is why is the U.N doing this in libya and did nothing last year in Iran? What about Darfur?[/QUOTE]

Iran is big fish.
Libya is midget fish of 6 Million people equipped with 1960's Soviet weapons, and production costs of Oil are 1$ per Barrel in Libya as Libya is a flat desert nation with Oil not deep.
Oil reserves in Libya - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It appears the Arabs say one thing in private, and another in public. .

WHAAAAAAAAT?
imagesskeptical-small.jpg

It's called strategic box.
Interview | Madeleine Albright
Just like it happened with Saddam's no-fly zone.

But Obama's Pentagon says, it's 'time limited' engagement.
Then the ships and aircrafts will leave. Off course.
Obama's promise of redeploying US troops from Iraq. Redeploying :eusa_liar:

And it's not France or UK who are 'leading'. They don't have the power to let China, Russia and even Germany let swallow this in UN Security Council.

France is our biggest ally, declares Obama
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-ally-blow-Special-Relationship-Britain.html
Puppet-Master.

Last edited:

And it's not France or UK who are 'leading'. They don't have the power to let China, Russia and even Germany let swallow this in UN Security Council.

Barack Obama declares France biggest ally in blow to Special Relationship with Britain | Mail Online
Puppet-Master.
Oh her, here she justifies the deaths of 500,000 children, that died due to the Iraq sanctions.

Highest voted comment:

" This is disgusting!! How can he justify the killings of half a million children!!! If a Muslim went on American TV and justified the killing of the 3000 that died on 9/11, that guy would be labeled disgusting terrorist pig but when Bill Richardson justifies the killing of almost 200 times as many deaths, it goes unnoticed. Nobody Cares

mouf21 2 years ago 24 "

Last edited by a moderator:

from the link;

My question is why is the U.N doing this in libya and did nothing last year in Iran? What about Darfur?

I have asked that question so many times i have literally lost count....answers are scant.

from the link;

Iran is big fish.
Libya is midget fish of 6 Million people equipped with 1960's Soviet weapons, and production costs of Oil are 1$ per Barrel in Libya as Libya is a flat desert nation with Oil not deep.
Oil reserves in Libya - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/QUOTE]

and the french need to lash out because they gave up on Lebanon and Egypt.

Barack Obama declares France biggest ally in blow to Special Relationship with Britain | Mail Online
Puppet-Master.
Oh her, here she justifies the deaths of 500,000 children, that died due to the Iraq sanctions.

Highest voted comment:

" This is disgusting!! How can he justify the killings of half a million children!!! If a Muslim went on American TV and justified the killing of the 3000 that died on 9/11, that guy would be labeled disgusting terrorist pig but when Bill Richardson justifies the killing of almost 200 times as many deaths, it goes unnoticed. Nobody Cares

mouf21 2 years ago 24 "

albright is not so bright, old news.

Last edited by a moderator:
from the link;

I have asked that question so many times i have literally lost count....answers are scant.

While the Arab League and subsequently the UN are afraid of what Qaddafi will do, as they allow enforcement of the "No Fly" zone, they are terrified of what Batcrazy Iran would do if they authorized a similar action in Tehran. Remember, their President is the guy who denies the Holocaust and wears a bad jacket from K-Mart for his formal attire.

The strikes are the aggressive way of enforcing a no fly zone.

Something like "sure we will enforce it, but it would be putting our boys at undue risk to just let the them get shot at w/o softening uo the air defenses."

Not sure of my feelings but at least we seem organized about it.
It's standard procedure to wipe out command and control and antiaircraft batteries, crater airfields, and blow up planes on the ground in the beginning of this type of operation.

Something like "sure we will enforce it, but it would be putting our boys at undue risk to just let the them get shot at w/o softening uo the air defenses."

It's standard procedure to wipe out command and control and antiaircraft batteries, crater airfields, and blow up planes on the ground in the beginning of this type of operation.

If I recall it did not work that way in Iraq, until later on....

If I recall it did not work that way in Iraq, until later on....
That's exactly what happened first, we got control of the airspace. Rapidly, as it turned out.

Forum List

Back