Arab countries recognized Israel's right to exist

Gord

Nov 9, 2008
This is an interesting article for the point it makes about Gaza essentially being granted a quasi state status when Israel pulled out a couple of years ago. So essentially we have had a Palestinian state attacking an Israeli state.

But what really caught my eye was the claim:

But while it is true 650,000 Arabs and Palestinians were displaced by the founding of Israel, often overlooked are more than 800,000 Jews who were expelled from Arab states at the same time and told to go to Israel. Most often, they were forced to leave without their belongings and without compensation for their confiscated property.
If it is true that 800,000 Jews were sent by Arab countries to Israel, this is tantamount to an admission of Israel's right to exist.

Lorne Gunter: Gaza deals blow to Palestinian myths - Full Comment

This is an interesting article for the point it makes about Gaza essentially being granted a quasi state status when Israel pulled out a couple of years ago. So essentially we have had a Palestinian state attacking an Israeli state.

If it is true that 800,000 Jews were sent by Arab countries to Israel, this is tantamount to an admission of Israel's right to exist.

First I've heard of that. Anyone able to confirm (braces himself for partisan mud-slinging...)?

Well that's a completely different story. Jews didn't belong in those countries in the first place. Ask any Arab.

You mean people who are not muslims don't belong in muslim states? That s the general consensus in all Arab states, wether it is official policy or not. (even turkey, what claims to be a secular state).

You mean people who are not muslims don't belong in muslim states? That s the general consensus in all Arab states, wether it is official policy or not. (even turkey, what claims to be a secular state).

Pretty much my point. And when the demographics of a country change from being non-Muslim to even a slight Muslim majority, the Muslims begin to force the non-Muslims out. Just look at Lebanon.

Well that's a completely different story. Jews didn't belong in those countries in the first place. Ask any Arab.

From the link:

Organization of Jews from Arab Countries (WOJAC) estimates that Jewish property in Arab countries would be valued today at more than $300 billion[2][3] and Jewish-owned real-estate left behind in Arab lands at 100,000 square kilometers (four times the size of the State of Israel

I want my right of return... and money.. .lots of money.

:eusa_angel:

Typical Jew response LOL!!!

MONEY!! MONEY!!! MONEY!!!!
:lol:

You are absolutely correct. I think those like Jillian should emulate Hamas and buy a bunch of rockets and lob them into those Arab states which are specifically aimed at civilians. At the same time they should appeal to the UN and publish a bunch of false stories whining about the poor Jewish children being blown up by the mean old Arabs. After all that is the Arab way, is it not?

Sunni Man is just here to get his rocks off. He's like my youngest child. I cheer for team A, he cheers for team B just to piss me off. Same with Sunni Man; he's just looking for attention.

We DO NOT have a Palestinian state attacking an Israeli state, as there is no such thing as an Israeli state as far as I know and we do NOT have a Palestinian state attacking the state of Israel. What we have is a terrorist group with a political arm that represents the GAZA, that is part of the Palestinian Authority, attacking the state of Israel in opposition to the general strategy of the Palestinian Authority as a whole.

If the PA cannot police itself, Israel will and the world will do nothing. Most everyone in the region with a stake in peace including the PA, want HAMAS' military wing to die.

We DO NOT have a Palestinian state attacking an Israeli state, as there is no such thing as an Israeli state as far as I know and we do NOT have a Palestinian state attacking the state of Israel. What we have is a terrorist group with a political arm that represents the GAZA, that is part of the Palestinian Authority, attacking the state of Israel in opposition to the general strategy of the Palestinian Authority as a whole.

If the PA cannot police itself, Israel will and the world will do nothing. Most everyone in the region with a stake in peace including the PA, want HAMAS' military wing to die.
First you say there is no "Israeli state" and then you say the PA is attacking the "state of Israel". You are not making sense.

First you say there is no "Israeli state" and then you say the PA is attacking the "state of Israel". You are not making sense.

I know. It's about how you use terms. The state of Israel, not the Israeli state.

The General Assembly of the United Nations had resolved that 'No discrimination of any kind shall be made between the inhabitants on the ground of race, religion, language or sex.' and that a declaration to that effect would be made to the United Nations by the Provisional Government of each proposed State before independence. The General Assembly resolution mandated that the stipulations contained in the Declaration were to be non-derogable, they were to be 'recognized as fundamental laws of the State and no law, regulation or official action shall conflict or interfere with these stipulations, nor shall any law, regulation or official action prevail over them.' [2]

The Declaration did promise that the State of Israel would ensure complete equality of social and political rights to all its inhabitants irrespective of religion, race or sex, and guaranteed freedom of religion, conscience, language, education and culture. However, the Knesset maintains that declaration is neither a law nor an ordinary legal document.[3] The Supreme Court of Israel has ruled that the guarantees were merely guiding principles, and that the Declaration is not a constitutional law making a practical ruling on the upholding or nullification of various ordinances and statutes. Whenever an explicit statutory measure of the Knesset leaves no room for doubt, it is honored even if inconsistent with the principles in the Declaration of Independence.[4]
Israeli Declaration of Independence

Forum List

Back