Russian double-standards applying to Israel

Discussion in 'Israel and Palestine' started by DavidS, Jan 4, 2009.

1. DavidS

DavidS Anti-Tea Party Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +767
    First, I have to say, I'm beginning to love Livini. She's so blunt and to the point.

"We are serious in our intention to harm Hamas and we have no intention to give them legitimize them and pass messages on to them. We have nothing to discuss with Hamas," Livni told Alexander Saltanov, Russian President Dmitry Medvedev's special envoy to the Middle East.

Livni rejects Russian offer to pass messages on to Hamas - Haaretz - Israel News

Of course, Russia pretty much ignored all calls for peace and a truce between Moscow and Chechnya and Moscow and South Ossetia. How two-faced Russia is being.

How quickly Russia forgets about the Beslan school hostage crisis as well.

The Jews must not forget the presecuation and slaughtering of so many of our people under the Russian Tsars. Russia has been our enemey for quite a long time and we do not forsee Russia ever turning face with their recent agressions.

2. toomuchtime_

toomuchtime_ Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,950
    Ah, well, Russia is trying very hard to convince itself it is still a great world power and not just another petro state. They should have known they wouldn't be able to fool Israel.

3. Munin

Munin VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +95
    Is Russia still that Jew unfriendly? I mean Germany isn't still a Jew hating Nation, they are even one of the Nations that are on the Israeli side in this recent conflict.

About Russia, I don't know that much how the situation is now but I thought they even had/have some Jewish autonomous cities/regions and that the Jews in general are blended in into the Russian Nation much like in Europe now.

But the Israel unfriendly point from Russia's side is "understandable", didn't Israel have military advisors in Georgia before the war?

4. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Remembering persecution is the glue that holds Jews together. It's imporant for them to remind themselves and everyone else of it.

5. DavidS

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +767
    Actually, no it's not. The coming of the Messiah and reading of the Torah daily is the glue that holds us together. But thanks for playing, asshole.

6. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    I'm talking about reality here, David. Not some pie in the sky ideal.

7. DavidS

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +767
    Pie in the sky? God, torah and the Messiah is much more real than anything you have ever dreamt of.

Our body contains enough electricity that, if harnessed, could light a small city. Yet when our body dies there is absolutely nothing in the form of energy whatsoever. Yet energy cannot be destroyed according to a law of quantam mechanics. The only plausable explanation is that the energy in our bodies is not part of our physical bodies and then our bodies die, the energy is released. That energy is the human soul. This scientifically documented.

Nearly every single battle that the Torah discusses has been accounted for in archeological research of Israel. The Second Temple's remains are Judaism's holiest site in Jerusalem. There is more evidence and proof of what the Torah says as fact than any other theory that athiests would propose.

And biggest piece of evidence is that we exist!

8. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403

I never said it wasn't real---I just am challenging the commitment to that ideal. other things seem much more important.

9. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    Somebody's seen The Matrix one too many times, I think.

source

Last edited: Jan 5, 2009
  10. del

del BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,885
    he means a very small city.