I bet the average movie goer would love this!

Some of the politics were heavy handed but the space stuff was exciting. Some of the characters reminded me of characters from "Battlestar Galactica". Astronaut Molly Cobb is the Starbuck of this show. The badass pilot! Ed Baldwin is the stoic military leader.

Immediately after finishing the first season I picked up movies like Apollo 13, Hidden Figures, First Man, The Right Stuff, The Martian, etc. I also rocketed through HBO's "From the Earth to the Moon". I never realized how interesting the history of spaceflight was. I didn't know Apollo 12 was struck by lightning. I did not know the first Apollo mission was a tragedy. I didn't not know Neil Armstrong almost died on Gemini 8.

Perhaps we need shows that show how exciting spaceflight can be. Games too!

What if we remembered Apollo? What if we dared to dream big again? What if we aimed for the stars?

Some of the politics were heavy handed but the space stuff was exciting. Some of the characters reminded me of characters from "Battlestar Galactica". Astronaut Molly Cobb is the Starbuck of this show. The badass pilot! Ed Baldwin is the stoic military leader.

It was better than Star Trek Discovery but The Expanse is still the top space show for me.

Immediately after finishing the first season I picked up movies like Apollo 13, Hidden Figures, First Man, The Right Stuff, The Martian, etc. I also rocketed through HBO's "From the Earth to the Moon". I never realized how interesting the history of spaceflight was. I didn't know Apollo 12 was struck by lightning. I did not know the first Apollo mission was a tragedy. I didn't not know Neil Armstrong almost died on Gemini 8.

Perhaps we need more shows that show how exciting spaceflight can be. Games too!

What if we remembered Apollo? What if we dared to dream big again? What if we aimed for the stars?

What if we concentrated on feeding hungry people?

Feed them to what?

databank_rancor_01_169_251b682f.jpeg

I agree. Space is awesome. I suggest to try Elite Dangerous space sim to figure this. Also, you can watch other play.

Here's the thing ... space, real space, isn't exciting. It takes months to get anywhere and when you get there, the you only have what you bring with you.

On top of that, it's the single most expensive thing humans can do (with the possible exception of war).

The last time the every day American got excited over space, the number one show on TV was 'Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In"

I'm afraid, for the next hundred years or so, the only place people will be able to see space is by waiting for the next "Star Wars" installment.

If you like this topic watch "When we left Earth" by the Discovery Channel. It is a 6 part series that spans Mercury, Gemini, Apollo, Space Shuttle. I think this is part 1.
More interviews with former astronauts than any other documentary.

1612529611505.jpeg

there is no space...only a dome abover...moon landing was staged....ever see the movie Capricorn One? Truth in plain site big time

Forum List

Back