Apple Still Rocks. Vista is a bad joke.

akiak

Jun 19, 2008
Although I use a PC the Apple Mac is still the best. Tell me one thing that makes the PC better. Vista is a bad joke.

Tell me one thing that makes the PC better.

Bang for the buck?

This opinion advanced by someone (myself, natuurally) who used to consult for Apple Corp to schools and universities, and who has probably put more Macs on people's desks than any ten people you know, incidently.

Although I use a PC

you should be able to answer your own question. PCs are not strapped down by Vista. I still use XP. And, to be honest, id rather be able to bounce on down to a local store and buy more ram and HD space than have to deal with some smarmy fucking mac fan boy at an apple store anyway.

A realistic "Im a mac, im a pc" ad.
LiveFreeorDieHard.jpg

well, that and the open hardware computability, actual games that people want to play, not having to boot into an alternate OS just to accomplish anything non-adobe, etc etc..

Windows has far greater software compatibility. Linux is starting to overcome this by reverse engineering the windows API with WINE - but it still has a long way to go. Apple users are just shit out of luck. Also, you could simply use XP, and not have to deal with the clutter in either Vista or Mac's new OS's.

And Apple WAY overcharges on hardware. They have like 20%-25% markups on the hardware, and you usually only see those kinds of prices in PC's that are hand manufactured by boutique shops like Voodoo and Alienware.

I think WINE and of course CEDEGA are useful for running native Windows games on Linux systems. But I'm hard pressed thinking of anything that's available for Windows that isn't already available for Linux (depending on the distro) and indeed which might be superior and free - as in free beer. Open Office isn't as polished as MS Office, I agree, but then OO is free - as in beer.

Although I use a PC the Apple Mac is still the best. Tell me one thing that makes the PC better. Vista is a bad joke.

Nothing. Vista sucks and Microsoft only got it semi right once with Windows 98.

I want to go Mac and hope to next year.

Anything Apple is overpriced. Sure it is good. The PC is not bad. I don't think that Vista is all that bad besides the fact that you have to have a good system to run it. I find that once you learn to use it, it is actually quite decent and I work in the IT field.

Let me try and explain it this way;

What's the difference in buying a macbook and a loaded PC. Well, the macbook is nice to look at and it costs the same as a loaded PC. But eventualy later on the macbook look gets old, and it's hardware specs outdate, but then your loaded PC well still be ahead tech wise , and wish you would've gotten that instead of that fancy macbook. Or, you can go out and buy another new macbook for the price of a loaded pc. :)

What is a good MP3 playing software for Linux Ubuntu?

There are a number. I'm using Banshee at the moment but I have used Exaile and Amarok - all of the are very effective players. There are plenty of others. If you run Ubuntu just check add/remove or use Synaptic Package Manger to find these and others.

PC you get more for your money, there is more software available, particularly games. MacOS isn't a great OS - Macs bore me.

Forum List

Back