Need help with HTML editing , at my Music download website.

52ndStreet

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2008
I recently purchase some server space and software for my Discomusic download website.
The software that I purchased is called "easybe music shop 1-2-3."
They sent me some "directories", inorder for me to to "FTP" upload,
my images, and MP3 music files.But Iam still at a loss as to how to go about getting everthing uploaded properly.Can anyone offer any help?.

Last edited:
Boot to your primary drive and, at the C:\ prompt type:

Format C:

this will upload all of your music to the correct location on their server.

JUST KIDDING. don't do that.

do you have an FTP client application?

What is your solution?.

you have files. do you know what an FTP application is?

if not there is work to do and you can always have others upload your files, but I suspect you'll still need an FTP app.

who is your web host: where is your domain name hosted? or are you supposed to upload to your own computer or somewhere? do you have a web host?

you have files. do you know what an FTP application is?

if not there is work to do and you can always have others upload your files, but I suspect you'll still need an FTP app.

who is your web host: where is your domain name hosted? or are you supposed to upload to your own computer or somewhere? do you have a web host?

Yes ,I know what the FTP application is , I have a web host.Whats next?.

You need to get your FTP application to shift the files from your computer to the web host. I don't know which FTP application you have but I use Filezilla, it's pretty easy to use, free and no spyware or malware. You will see two windows in the FTP client and in the left window you find the files on your computer that you want to move and in the right window will be the destination (the web host). You then just transfer the files from the left window to the other window.

Yes ,I know what the FTP application is , I have a web host.Whats next?.

do you need to set up a sql/mysql database?

if so you will have to figuire more out.

who is your web host (I ask because theye all use different control/admin software.

You need to get your FTP application to shift the files from your computer to the web host. I don't know which FTP application you have but I use Filezilla, it's pretty easy to use, free and no spyware or malware. You will see two windows in the FTP client and in the left window you find the files on your computer that you want to move and in the right window will be the destination (the web host). You then just transfer the files from the left window to the other window.

good stuff. but what is their level of familiarity with admin/control panels?

good stuff. but what is their level of familiarity with admin/control panels?

No idea but hopefully that will help. I suggested Filezilla because I've tried to use other ftp clients and I find that Filezilla is the easiest, well in my opinion at least.

If there's an sql/mysql database involved then I'm outa here, I have no idea how to set them up :eek:

No idea but hopefully that will help. I suggested Filezilla because I've tried to use other ftp clients and I find that Filezilla is the easiest, well in my opinion at least.

If there's an sql/mysql database involved then I'm outa here, I have no idea how to set them up :eek:

if it doesn't it will probably have an admin area with a wysiwyg drag and drop function. unless I am missing something, it happens. I wonder if they will post a link to a domainn name

do you need to set up a sql/mysql database?

if so you will have to figuire more out.

who is your web host (I ask because theye all use different control/admin software.
My webhost is fast domain.com and yes they have a mySQL database.

My webhost is fast domain.com and yes they have a mySQL database.

can you copy the folders/files they sent you from the music software site?
if you can I'd like to view them. It appears at a glance that the web host fast domains will help you set things up. but what is set up?

copy and post the read me file here.

if there is something I can do I will send you a link where you can upload files to em and I can look at them and send you pretty good instructions on how you can set it up.

will you be designing your pages yourself or using a wysiwyg editor/template system? if you want to try designing a few things I am available free of charge for a few weeks

I like a challenge and I have out off designing a music site or site with music as a main focus

d.

the read me file

can you copy the folders/files they sent you from the music software site?
if you can I'd like to view them. It appears at a glance that the web host fast domains will help you set things up. but what is set up?

copy and post the read me file here.

if there is something I can do I will send you a link where you can upload files to em and I can look at them and send you pretty good instructions on how you can set it up.

will you be designing your pages yourself or using a wysiwyg editor/template system? if you want to try designing a few things I am available free of charge for a few weeks

I like a challenge and I have out off designing a music site or site with music as a main focus

d.

the read me file

I need to get in contact with you.I just need to know who I am dealing with.
As there are a lot of computer hackers out there.I will need your help though.
Iam sure you understand.

I need to get in contact with you.I just need to know who I am dealing with.
As there are a lot of computer hackers out there.I will need your help though.
Iam sure you understand.

what I asked you to post (the read me file) is nothing anyone can use to hack diddly squat, but I will accept an email from you ... just send it from here. you need not reset your CP page to accept emails (mine is set that way), but that would be nice because then I could email you through here and then any concerns should be alleviated.

I sent you a PM. I will send another

I did as you instructed me to do,I can now accept emails.
Contact me with additional info, about how to go about uploading mp3 music files.

52ndstreet

Not to good. Some one suggested to me , that I get a FTP editor software to
upload the files.Just tell me what I need to do.Thanks.

52ndStreet.

Not to good. Some one suggested to me , that I get a FTP editor software to
upload the files.Just tell me what I need to do.Thanks.

52ndStreet.

Being around here, people have made you paranoid. Don't be. Outside of message boards and chat rooms most people who design web sites and have interests in setting things up are not dangerous or evil. YOU MENTION HACKERS. Most fools who hack other people's web sites are morons. They get their kicks off what some do here...making people paranoid.

I said you needed to post the read me file of 123. Why? because:
These are the technical requirements for running the 1-2-3 music store:
A web server Unix / Linux / Windows / Mac
Php version 4.1 or later
Php SAFE_MODE needs to be OFF
MySQL database version 3.23 or later
web browser on Windows, Mac OS, or Unix/Linux with Javascript and cookies enabled
FTP program to upload the necessary files to your web server
PayPal Business account or PayPal Premium account
the above may seem like French or latin, but it is not.

First:
You are going to be setting things up yourself so you will need to first set up a mysql database on your web hosting service.

Attachments

• $Picture 224.jpg
    $Picture 224.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 62

Forum List

Back