Apparent Ties Between Asange and Russia Begin to Develop

Lewdog

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2016
Williamsburg, KY
So the leaks begin to leak out of Wikileaks. It appears someone within the organization has decided there may be corruption afoot within the group that portrayed itself as the leader in causing international transparency. Assange apparently was working with Russia to try and make it his new home there.

"LONDON (AP) — Julian Assange had just pulled off one of the biggest scoops in journalistic history, splaying the innards of American diplomacy across the web. But technology firms were cutting ties to his WikiLeaks website, cable news pundits were calling for his head and a Swedish sex crime case was threatening to put him behind bars.

Caught in a vise, the silver-haired Australian wrote to the Russian Consulate in London.

"I, Julian Assange, hereby grant full authority to my friend, Israel Shamir, to both drop off and collect my passport, in order to get a visa," said the letter , which was obtained exclusively by The Associated Press.

The Nov. 30, 2010, missive is part of a much larger trove of WikiLeaks emails, chat logs, financial records, secretly recorded footage and other documents leaked to the AP. The files provide both an intimate look at the radical transparency organization and an early hint of Assange's budding relationship with Moscow."

AP Exclusive: WikiLeaks files expose group's inner workings

Apparent.....now that's a new one....But I still like If.....and maybe....and could be......and most likely....and unnamed source.......
and last weeks favorite........anonymous

Last edited:

Forum List

Back