Anyone Watching the GOP Debate With Me Tonight?

Predictions?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
not spending more money than we bring in. i actually call it fiscally responsible (as opposed to fiscally conservative since that term doesn't mean much to people anymore).

There's no reason for me to think Romney isn't aligned with your definition of conservatism. Again, all the criticism against him is based on his running against Ted Kennedy in MA in the mid 90's. Do you think that he would have had a chance running as a staunch conservative? I mean, think people. Just think a little. Same goes for Scott Brown. This is MA, filled with crackpot fucking loon moonbats.

well, we may just get to find out. if he's elected, he'll have to come up with a budget and then you'll know. he'll have a veto pen and you'll know if he uses it. but the smart money is on the US going much deeper in debt regardless of who is president. that isn't fiscally responsible to me (and yes, i know that it's mainly on the congress).

I agree with you. I think we will see the Bush tax cuts expire, and I hate to say it but they need to. And I paid over 100k in taxes each of the past 2 yrs and would get whacked. I'd like to see a big grand bargain along with a balanced budget amendment.

Thanks for staying with me for the debate everyone. It was fun!

There's no reason for me to think Romney isn't aligned with your definition of conservatism. Again, all the criticism against him is based on his running against Ted Kennedy in MA in the mid 90's. Do you think that he would have had a chance running as a staunch conservative? I mean, think people. Just think a little. Same goes for Scott Brown. This is MA, filled with crackpot fucking loon moonbats.

well, we may just get to find out. if he's elected, he'll have to come up with a budget and then you'll know. he'll have a veto pen and you'll know if he uses it. but the smart money is on the US going much deeper in debt regardless of who is president. that isn't fiscally responsible to me (and yes, i know that it's mainly on the congress).

If President Romney forgets the promises and positions of Candidate Romney, we'll run a conservative candidate against him in the 2016 Republican Primary.

i guess i'm just too old and have been through this too many times to believe what any of 'em say during their campaigns. heck, it's been since 1952 since our national debt actually went down. how long does it take for us to catch on?

I think the key thing to take away from Iowa overall was how the turnout was significantly lower than expected. I'll be watching NH's numbers to see if it's more of the same.

I agree with you. I think we will see the Bush tax cuts expire, and I hate to say it but they need to. And I paid over 100k in taxes each of the past 2 yrs and would get whacked. I'd like to see a big grand bargain along with a balanced budget amendment.

heck, the way this generation (and quite a few of the past generations) of politicians have spent money, they'd probably figure out a sleazy way around an amendment. i can't think of how, but have faith, they'd get it done.

I thought the biggest mistake from everyone but Romney was nobody even really bothered to attack Romney tonight. The failure to do so tonight only helps Romney's cause.

I thought the biggest mistake from everyone but Romney was nobody even really bothered to attack Romney tonight. The failure to do so tonight only helps Romney's cause.

They're all hoping to be the "not Romney" choice. The problem is none of them are dropping out in time to stop Romney. If Perry had dropped out and New Hampshire eliminated either Santorum or Newt, then there might have been a shot at stopping Mitt. However it looks like everyone is in and fracturing the vote till Florida, at which point Romney wins.

Gingrich and Santorum went after him a few times.

Funny, when I brought up the cost of all those US soldiers maimed in Republican wars. And then Obama being assigned the cost, right wingers at the USMB screamed how unpatriotic making such a point with our young heroes.

But when Ron Paul said exactly the same thing, almost word for word, Republicans give him wild applause.

I think some of you guys may be "out of step".

Funny, when I brought up the cost of all those US soldiers maimed in Republican wars. And then Obama being assigned the cost, right wingers at the USMB screamed how unpatriotic making such a point with our young heroes.

But when Ron Paul said exactly the same thing, almost word for word, Republicans give him wild applause.

I think some of you guys may be "out of step".

Says the court jester.

Forum List

Back