Anyone Watching the GOP Debate With Me Tonight?

Predictions?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Gingrich looked really bad with his "I'd be watching the national championship basketball game!" flub. Considering he looks as if he never played a sport competitively in his life, such a failed attempt at 'Regular Joe' cred was particularly painful. Then of course everyone else (except crazy grandpa) had to chime in, "Oh yeah, football!" "I'd watch football too!" "FOOOOooootball! Yeah, baby!" "I love football more than you!" "Football? I watched football with Reagan!" etc.

Little Georgie was absolutely a joke as a moderator.

I did enjoy him getting bitch slapped by the audience.

Too funny

You call that a "bitch slap"? The last one you were given must have knocked something loose.

Indeed I called it that. The moderators are not supposed to be the focal point of attention in any debate. Much less getting boo'd by the entire crowd.

Certainly tells a lot about what the public thinks of our media.

I thought the biggest mistake from everyone but Romney was nobody even really bothered to attack Romney tonight. The failure to do so tonight only helps Romney's cause.

Gingrich and Santorum went after him a few times.

Not nearly enough to bare any fruit. Modbert is absolutely correct.

They attacked as much as they could without making themselves look like the losing guys sniping at the winning guy (thus reinforcing the fact that they are not winning themselves).

I did enjoy him getting bitch slapped by the audience.

Too funny

You call that a "bitch slap"? The last one you were given must have knocked something loose.

Indeed I called it that. The moderators are not supposed to be the focal point of attention in any debate. Much less getting boo'd by the entire crowd.

Certainly tells a lot about what the public thinks of our media.

Oh yeah, that was a bitch slap and little Georgie sure as hell deserved it.

Considering how Gingrich was seething in the media all the time after Iowa, I was honestly surprised he wasn't on Romney's case all night.

The only person who's likely to drop out after New Hampshire would be Huntsman. Unless Santorum continues to gain in the polls, Paul will take second in New Hampshire with Santorum taking third place.

Though all the polls I've seen have Paul in fourth in SC. That will most certainly hurt his slight momentum after a third place in Iowa and presumably a second place finish in New Hampshire. Especially as one can argue that South Carolina is more representative of the GOP as a whole than New Hampshire.

Considering how Gingrich was seething in the media all the time after Iowa, I was honestly surprised he wasn't on Romney's case all night.

The only person who's likely to drop out after New Hampshire would be Huntsman. Unless Santorum continues to gain in the polls, Paul will take second in New Hampshire with Santorum taking third place.

Though all the polls I've seen have Paul in fourth in SC. That will most certainly hurt his slight momentum after a third place in Iowa and presumably a second place finish in New Hampshire. Especially as one can argue that South Carolina is more representative of the GOP as a whole than New Hampshire.

I know, they're big fat chickens. The Democrats really went after each other in the 2008 debates. Especially Hillary and Barack.

Sorry bout that,

1. Ron Paul still comes across as a kook.
2. Perry looks the brightest of the bunch.
3. Gingrich seems just mad.
4. Mitt seems to be trying to keep his mouth shut as much as possible, like he isn't there really.
5. That is all.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas
Sorry bout that,

1. could that be because you're in Texas? :eusa_whistle:

This is going to be the most interesting of all. Newt's pissed, there is a controversy about who really won Iowa, Romney or Santorum, Perry is bound to screw up...

Should be great.

Who won Iowa is Ron Paul. Fucking status quo loving, constitution hating bitch.

Yes. Paul won Iowa by coming in Third when all his followers claimed he was going to come in first. He won despite the together guys getting more delegates.

Your poll is missing Paul... You know, the guy that has the strongest base, second most amount of money and near tied Mitt/Santorum in Iowa........ Or did your bias get in the way?

She is another status quo loving elitist. Fucking corporate liberal.

Sarah G is a nice person, and here you are treating her like dirt. Def. should go have a wank to take out your frustrations, maybe to a Ron Paul poster?

He treats everyone like they are dirt if they dont agree with him. He is precisely why Ron Paul followers have a bad rep.

I tried...honest I did. I even tried to conjur up a vision of Sara in fishnets...no use/

These guys are pathetic...I wish Bachmann hadn't quit...she softned the blow..

I'll dedicate this little tune to the pack o rascals that want to lead the free world..

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried...honest I did. I even tried to conjur up a vision of Sara in fishnets...no use/

These guys are pathetic...I wish Bachmann hadn't quit...she softned the blow..

I'll dedicate this little tune to the pack o rascals that want to lead the free world..

Daniel Powter-Bad Day (lyrics) - YouTube

I agree about Bachmann but for a different reason. She was pretty rough on those good ole boys, it was fun to watch her go at them.

It really was a pathetic debate. CNN sums it up nicely...

s-NEW-HAMPSHIRE-REPUBLICAN-DEBATE-large.jpg

Republican Debate In New Hampshire: Worst Ever

Forum List

Back