Anyone watch CSPAN's Voter Presidential Forum Tonight?

Jackson

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
Nashville
I watched and was impressed with the talent the GOP has entering the race. Surprises? Carla Fiorna was very impressive with what we need on the foreign front and disappointment? Sorry to say, Jeb Bush with state standards for education.

Anyone else watch?

I watched....everybody but Trump

I thought Kasich did well as well as Walker
Cruz was a cartoon character

I watched and was impressed with the talent the GOP has entering the race. Surprises? Carla Fiorna was very impressive with what we need on the foreign front and disappointment? Sorry to say, Jeb Bush with state standards for education.

Anyone else watch?

What is wrong with state standards for education?

I watched it...a bit hypnotized by the whole thing....but good practice for Thursday. I agree lots of good minds. Need to get more of Kasich...Walker did well...fiorina always does well...I like Cruzbut he needs to get a new script...maybe I've heard him too much. Carson was good. I thought graham did well.

So many question need to be answered...with detailed solution. Shows what a mess Obama has created.

Nope. Even though I don't plan on voting republican in 2016 I will be watching the debate Thursday.
Since you are sure you won't be voting Republican, why are you going to watch the candidates on Thursday?

I watched it...a bit hypnotized by the whole thing....but good practice for Thursday. I agree lots of good minds. Need to get more of Kasich...Walker did well...fiorina always does well...I like Cruzbut he needs to get a new script...maybe I've heard him too much. Carson was good. I thought graham did well.

So many question need to be answered...with detailed solution. Shows what a mess Obama has created.

I agree with what you've said. I thought the format was good and didn't allow them to use prepared speeches although when they had a good story to tell, they told it.

Anyone else watch?

What is wrong with state standards for education?
Thank you for asking. When states create their own tests, the all too possible for them to "water down" the tests to make the state scores look better. They create criteria for "on Level," below average, and mastery of subjects when the questions are much too easy.

The only way to compare on state or on city with another is if they are using the same criterias, that is, the same test.
"Common core " tests takes the texts and writes the curriculum in a fashion that records mastery of the subject matter on each level. For example, first grade will be testing whether students can read and comprehend at a level of vocabulary mostly mastered by students at the 8th month of instruction. They will be tested on whether they can add, subtract and master story problems on their level.

If you allow states to created their own tests, it will show that the majority of students have mastered first grade work when in application, the test did not accurately test that level. That is why we need STANDARDIZED tests. They are normed by the entire nation, not just failing schools in a particular state.

I thought Rick Perry did surprisingly well

In 2012 he came into the debates unprepared and thought he could get by on his country boy charm

On Monday he seemed prepared to actually discuss the issues

Anyone else watch?

Jackson,
Work in IT, Carla Fiorna is the by word of screwing up. Voted the worst IT CEO of all time before she even looked at running. This from an industry that want it to work for her, she turned out to be very disliked as well.

Katie Benner of Bloomberg View described Fiorina's leadership at HP as a "train wreck" and a "disaster".

This girl is a proven loser, talks a good game but no one could work with her in the end. So on her record she should be discounted.

Anyone else watch?

Jackson,
Work in IT, Carla Fiorna is the by word of screwing up. Voted the worst IT CEO of all time before she even looked at running. This from an industry that want it to work for her, she turned out to be very disliked as well.

Katie Benner of Bloomberg View described Fiorina's leadership at HP as a "train wreck" and a "disaster".

This girl is a proven loser, talks a good game but no one could work with her in the end. So on her record she should be discounted.
Thank you for the input! I didn't know.

Forum List

Back