Anyone read German handwriting? Translation needed please

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
I picked up some 1930's era German postcards. One has some hand-written German on the back. Any idea what they wrote?

Check out the cuties in the last picture. :biggrin:

card3a.jpg

card3b.jpg

card3c.jpg

card2a.jpg

card6a.jpg

card7a.jpg

I want to see these rewritten for the Twitter generation...

@TheOfficialAdolph LOVED the rally... GREAT speaker... NO way this tweet could come back to haunt me... #seigheil

I picked up some 1930's era German postcards. One has some hand-written German on the back. Any idea what they wrote?

card3a.jpg

card3b.jpg

card3c.jpg

card2a.jpg

card6a.jpg

card7a.jpg
Can't read the handwriting the postcard says. Children of the Saar as summerguests.Both sisters with the Fuhrer at Obersalsberg. Propaganda picture, depicting Hitler as someone who loves children. Of course millions of them were killed by his orders.

card3a.jpg

card3b.jpg

card3c.jpg

card2a.jpg

card6a.jpg

card7a.jpg
Can't read the handwriting the postcard says. Children of the Saar as summerguests.Both sisters with the Fuhrer at Obersalsberg. Propaganda picture, depicting Hitler as someone who loves children. Of course millions of them were killed by his orders.

I understand that. There are quite a few propaganda postcards out there from that era. Ebay is full of them, but few of them have anything written on the backs.

I know one says. "Give us zee information. You are being very foolish. Vee have vays of making you talk."

card3a.jpg

card3b.jpg

card3c.jpg

card2a.jpg

card6a.jpg

card7a.jpg

I understand that. There are quite a few propaganda postcards out there from that era. Ebay is full of them, but few of them have anything written on the backs.
Interesting find, if a bit controversial as a keep sake. I'm a history buff myself so I do understand the fascination.

I know one says. "Give us zee information. You are being very foolish. Vee have vays of making you talk."

Thanks. I tried to interpret them, using my limited high school and college German. All I could come up with was..

"Sign zee paper, old man."

"I cannot sign zee paper.."

"Why can you no sign zee paper?"

"Because you haff broken both my hans.."

(That was an old Cheech and Chong skit from the 60's. Remember the 60's?)

:biggrin:

card3a.jpg

card3b.jpg

card3c.jpg

card2a.jpg

card6a.jpg

card7a.jpg

The important thing here is not to forget that Trump is the Worst Human Ever according to modern Germans see--they have learned all these lessons, this is all in the past, and they are now projecting all the guilt and whatever onto Trump, and America. It's sickening to watch. I don't trust Germany.

The important thing here is not to forget that Trump is the Worst Human Ever according to modern Germans see--they have learned all these lessons, this is all in the past, and they are now projecting all the guilt and whatever onto Trump, and America. It's sickening to watch. I don't trust Germany.
Hmmm..., Trump is German!

Tho they claimed they were Swedish!

Trump is one of the worst enemies of Germany. The text of this postcard is by the way written in the "Sütterlin"-alphabet, what's a Prussian nonsense from the year 1911. See: Sütterlinschrift – Wikipedia

Last edited:

Trump is one of the worst enemies of Germany.

So there it is.

No allies, folks. Trump knows it and lots and lots of Americans do too. So again. Germany, when you have problems, really: don't call us. We'll call you. Not really. But just for old time's sake I guess, we'll say that.

Trump is one of the worst enemies of Germany.

So there it is.

No allies, folks. Trump knows it and lots and lots of Americans do too. So again. Germany, when you have problems, really: don't call us.

Mr. vice president Mike Pence of the USA made clear in Munich yesterday ¿or was it today? that the USA will not defend Germany in case the Russians will invade us. So what?

We'll call you. Not really.

Sure not really. We have no phone.

But just for old time's sake I guess, we'll say that.

:lol:

Last edited:
where are the pictures?

@Zebra

Those pictures were being hosted in the ftp storage that comes with my internet account. I think deleted some of them but this is the one photo that was still there. It shows four officers sitting at a table, and has their names on the back. It is dated 1942 and reads "v.l.n.r." (von links nach rechts, I'm assuming)

1711989091455.jpeg

1711989135053.jpeg

Last edited:
@Zebra

Those pictures were being hosted in the ftp storage that comes with my internet account. I think deleted some of them but this is the one photo that was still there. It shows four officers sitting at a table, and has their names on the back. It is dated 1942 and reads "v.l.n.r." (von links nach rechts)?

View attachment 925528

View attachment 925530
@Zebra

Those pictures were being hosted in the ftp storage that comes with my internet account. I think deleted some of them but this is the one photo that was still there. It shows four officers sitting at a table, and has their names on the back. It is dated 1942 and reads "v.l.n.r." (von links nach rechts)?

View attachment 925528

View attachment 925530

thank you for those pictures!

i cannot read old German writing fluently, but i can guess.

thank you for those pictures!

i cannot read old German writing fluently, but i can guess.

Yeas, old German cursive handwriting is hard to decipher. You might have to find an old German. :laughing0301:

once when i did some ancestry research, it was important to read old writings.

once when i did some ancestry research, it was important to read old writings.

My fluency in German is not good. I studied it three years in high school and two years in college, but never went any farther.

Forum List

Back