"This deal is a national humiliation that makes a mockery of Brexit"

barryqwalsh

Gold Member
Sep 30, 2014
BREXIT - Boris Johnson: "This deal is a national humiliation that makes a mockery of Brexit"

Hmm, not sure why I should care about Brexit .
The Brexit debacle is a remarkable example of the failure of ‘referenda’ – that using a referendum or plebiscite to decide such important matters is reckless, irresponsible, unwarranted, and unwise.

Brexit was the product of fear, ignorance, bigotry, and hate – having nothing to do with ‘populism,’ ‘liberation,’ or ‘independence.’

What is more interesting is that every sane person said from the very beginning that Britain will get a bad deal if any. Simply because the EU has an upper hand in negotiations because it is Britain who is interested in preserving the privileges inside the EU and who has virtually nothing to offer in return. And now Brexiters of various ranks are bitching about how bad May is, how bad the EU is and so on. Leave the EU without a deal or accept what you are offered. You make an embarrasment from themselves.

Hmm, not sure why I should care about Brexit .
The Brexit debacle is a remarkable example of the failure of ‘referenda’ – that using a referendum or plebiscite to decide such important matters is reckless, irresponsible, unwarranted, and unwise.

Brexit was the product of fear, ignorance, bigotry, and hate – having nothing to do with ‘populism,’ ‘liberation,’ or ‘independence.’

Heaven forbid we let citizens decide the future of their nation.

It could be anarchy.

Voting only functions well when voters are intelligent and informed; i.e., too infrequently.

Referenda are great. They were used here to change the Parliamentary electoral system from first past the post to mixed member proportional. A second referendum some years after MMPs implementation confirmed it as the preferred option. Second referendums are also useful. The UK should hold one.

What is more interesting is that every sane person said from the very beginning that Britain will get a bad deal if any. Simply because the EU has an upper hand in negotiations because it is Britain who is interested in preserving the privileges inside the EU and who has virtually nothing to offer in return. And now Brexiters of various ranks are bitching about how bad May is, how bad the EU is and so on. Leave the EU without a deal or accept what you are offered. You make an embarrasment from themselves.

I had an old buffer on the doorstep and he was full of it.

"We will get a great deal Tommy. Lets be honest they need us as much as we need them"

The puzzle is that May was a remainer and she knew that this was a load of shit, she said so many times.

May has put off the day of reckoning but not expecting any movement.

"We will get a great deal Tommy. Lets be honest they need us as much as we need them"

The puzzle is that May was a remainer and she knew that this was a load of shit, she said so many times.

I don't know why she's still hanging on.

Goes crawling back to Europe.

She would be gone if any of her opponents had any bottle.

She would be gone if any of her opponents had any bottle.

I wish she'd go. Don't know who could replace her. I don't even care, I 'm so worn down with it all.

image.jpeg

Referenda are great. They were used here to change the Parliamentary electoral system from first past the post to mixed member proportional. A second referendum some years after MMPs implementation confirmed it as the preferred option. Second referendums are also useful. The UK should hold one.
And yet there’s the Brexit debacle – no, referenda are not ‘great.’

The people have the right to express their wishes and desires when electing their representatives and to elected office holders – with the benefit of those elected representatives filtering out the fear, ignorance, stupidity, and hate of the people.

Forum List

Back