Anyone notice how bright the Moon has been the last few nights?

Natural Citizen

American Made
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 8, 2016
It's got a harvest moon kind of feel to it. You can see a good ways through the woods at night. It's pretty.

One of my favorite things to do in the summer and late fall was to take bicycle rides at night during the full moon.

Even though it's a route I might have ridden hundreds of times before, every time I see it in moonlight, it looks brand new.

I pointed it out to my wife and she said it's a "beaver moon."

No idea what that's supposed to mean.

DUDE!!!! You gotta be quicker on the uptake than that. While she may mean it's a beaver's moon because it's bright and they can build dams at night, you should take it to mean something else.........................

If she tells you that it's a beaver moon, then you just look at her and smile and say "Happy Thanksgiving to ME!"

If you need a re-set, just go up to her and ask what kind of moon she called it again, and when she says beaver moon, follow up with what I told you.

You're welcome.

I looked it up, your wife is right. I've never heard that phrase before.

The Full Moon in November is named after beavers building winter dams. It is also called Frost Moon and Mourning Moon, depending on the winter solstice.

The Full Moon in November is named after beavers building winter dams. It is also called Frost Moon and Mourning Moon, depending on the winter solstice.

I think following my definition is better than beavers building dams.

Well I do believe I will use that little fact to manipulate ideas into the wife's head with some jocular innuendo.

It's really lighting up the ground well.

Well, it sure is pretty, whatever you wanna name it. I do like beaver moon, though, it sounds country, ya know? And it makes good sense, it's easier to see all of those sticks you have to go look for and find in order to make the dam.

Well, it sure is pretty, whatever you wanna name it. I do like beaver moon, though, it sounds country, ya know? And it makes good sense, it's easier to see all of those sticks you have to go look for and find in order to make the dam.

Post 6. If I asked my wife what kind of moon it was, and she said "beaver moon", I would immediately say "well, this is gonna be a good night", and take it as an invitation to sex.

Thanks. I thought it had something to do with a girl flashing her beaver or mooning someone.

Makes for a good night of coyote hunting with a night vision scope.

The moon is clearer and brighter because of the reduced sun spot activity and the effect that has on the Earths upper atmosphere.
Blown-Mind-gif.gif

It's got a harvest moon kind of feel to it. You can see a good ways through the woods at night. It's pretty.

I eagerly await Mindwarts' post linking an Endtime article relling us how the recent brightness of the moon is a harbinger of the Apocalypse...

Or his link to the InfoWars article declaring it has been a conspiracy orchestrated by the Illuminati and the Jews...

Post 6. If I asked my wife what kind of moon it was, and she said "beaver moon", I would immediately say "well, this is gonna be a good night", and take it as an invitation to sex.

Oh. Ha. Youre gnna probably need a better angle than that, though. You have to woo her some how.

Like Fabio.

52bc5b068c5d58c87bc0a7846550f4f7.jpg

Forum List

Back