Anyone here that thinks Obama won the debate?

sakinago

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2012
You know its bad when only 27% think that someone won the debate. In most debates it doesn't really matters what each candidate said, both Repubs and Dems think that their side won the debate, and usually whatever candidate the polls are leaning to is the "winner" of the debate. When only 27% (which I think the president had like 55% of support before the debate) thinks that you won, those are only the hardcore, blind supporters saying that (which there are on both sides). That just means the president really got his ass kicked.

the pathetic performance by Obama is a fitting end to his pathetic Presidency

I just really, really, really, want to hear someone try to explain how Obama really won the debate (I need a good laugh today). It was that bad of an ass-kicking that I dont see there is any way possible.

I just really, really, really, want to hear someone try to explain how Obama really won the debate (I need a good laugh today). It was that bad of an ass-kicking that I dont see there is any way possible.

You must of missed the thread where they said Obama won it..
You'll have to do a search, it was hilarious

Depends, if facts and truth matter then Obama won it because everything that came out of Mittens' mouth was a lie.

Every Democrat who isn't an absolute shithead concedes Romney won. Obama could have showed up drunk and spent his time talking about his fascination with the Vagina Monologues, and 27% would have still said Obama won the debate.

Hahaha, thanks steph, you made my day. And figures I would have to do a search on it to find it, because the concept of him winning is that ridiculous.

And to all the people who try to say President Obama won by calling Romney a liar (thats pretty much the ammo they have), do me a favor; go back and watch the debate, count how many times Romney had to correct Obama when Obama made very, very incorrect claims with absolutely no grounding about Romneys tax plan, health care, etc. E. G. "romney wants to raise the deficit by cutting taxes....romney wants to give tax breaks to the rich" . Go on Romneys website, and see where he stands, and what he has said over and over again, its going to be very very very different from what Obama and Biden are claiming what Romney wants to do. Add it up and youll find that Obama is a pretty big liar himself.

Also notice that when Romney corrected Obama on claims he made, Obama didn't really fire back or back it up... I guess it was because he couldn't.

Every Democrat who isn't an absolute shithead concedes Romney won. Obama could have showed up drunk and spent his time talking about his fascination with the Vagina Monologues, and 27% would have still said Obama won the debate.

HAHAHA, that is very true. thank you for that post. You summed up what my first post said very nicely. It is very bad when there half of your own party thinking that you did not win the debate.

Okay, this is pretty funny. Hilarious that Clint Eastwood had one of the most memorable speeches of any recent convention.

121015_2012_p465.jpg

Are debates winnable? Is there a book of rules somewhere?

I admit I don't know a lot about professional debating.

I just like to throw curse words at people!

I think debates can only be lost, not won. Though I guess you could say the other person is the 'winner' for not also having lost his own debate by being able to provide reasons and points for his topic, but I wouldn't.

All this being said, I haven't even watched the debate. Too busy with work.

Last edited:
Romney is a great pitchman/salesman/con man/liar. In the long run, people will get it.

O fought for ACA for 2 years? Passed after 13 months.

Half of alt energy projects failed? 3 of 38?

Pubs kill the nonrich, see sig pp1. Romney's plans are BS. The 5 trillion deal...HIS experts are the Heritage Foundation LOL.

So much BS. Seniors will lose donut hole again, 716 billion medicare are SAVINGS, don't hurt benefits- the whole pile usual Pubcrappe. He's a GREAT Con man/ BS.salesman.

He did zip for Mass. education.

You know its bad when only 27% think that someone won the debate. In most debates it doesn't really matters what each candidate said, both Repubs and Dems think that their side won the debate, and usually whatever candidate the polls are leaning to is the "winner" of the debate. When only 27% (which I think the president had like 55% of support before the debate) thinks that you won, those are only the hardcore, blind supporters saying that (which there are on both sides). That just means the president really got his ass kicked.

The reality is Romney WON the debate based on presentation and articulation, BUT Romney LOST the debate based on facts and policies.

Obama neither won or lost, he was just a bystander more or less.

Forum List

Back