Anyone have any experience with OTF knives?

Really like my Gerber Paul 1996 first Production run...
CFF-6434.jpg

Pic isnt the same as mine but it looks just like it.

Last edited:
I have a few knives. I carry two in my purse. Hey... I'm only 5'2". Ankle biters like me need all the assist they can get.

Years ago, I carried a stiletto in my purse. Along with about 147 other useless items to get tobacco and lipstick all over. Anyway, I was doing my usual frantic dig for one stupid thing or other and somehow triggered that knive. It didn't get me, but it stuck out the side of my purse and called me stupid.

Voila! No more stiletto.

We all have our quirks

It's all about the craftsmen ship.
The Wife and I have a 2k set of kitchen knives from Wusthof and they're badass!!!
Also have a Zwilling J.A. Mungsten Damast Chefs Knife that goes for 1k.
Until you try em you'll never understand.

Yeah... that's way out of my wheelhouse on more than one level. :) I'm so clumsy I trip on air and walk into walls that have always been there. I terrorized James for years with my ability to hurt myself with very little help and knives in my hands made him pale and shaky.

I'm much better with my guns

I suggest this is better value and stronger, while nearly as quick.

RSK7776.jpg

The best thumb stud I've ever used, flies open. Admittedly from not a large sample. Sandvik Steel, 14C28N. Hard to beat at the price. Real Steel H6-S1.

Last edited:
The Wife and I have a 2k set of kitchen knives from Wusthof and they're badass!!!
How sharp can you get them? What angles do you use?

Really like my Gerber Paul 1996 first Production run...
CFF-6434.jpg

Pic isnt the same as mine but it looks just like it.
Why do carry a knife that some guy had his name engraved on it for? I mean, does Paul even know you got it? Wth man?

How sharp can you get them? What angles do you use?

The Wusthof are ground to 28 degrees and the Zwilling should be ground to 30 degrees but I figure the 28 is close enough.
You can easily get em shaving sharp and they'll usually hold an edge for years.

Why are those knives illegal in so many places?
Why are politicians so damn stupid?

Forum List

Back