Anyone have any experience with OTF knives?

miketx

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2015
In case you don't know "OTF" stand for "out the front" and is a fully automatic knife. I thought they were illegal but they are not and I found one for around 130 dollars I might get. It has good reviews and a lifetime guarantee, plus 130 is about all I can justify. Here's the one I think I want:

Venom_2TR_Tactical_OTF_Knife_Tanto_Partial_Serrated_Edge_1024x1024@2x.jpg

In case you don't know "OTF" stand for "out the front" and is a fully automatic knife. I thought they were illegal but they are not and I found one for around 130 dollars I might get. It has good reviews and a lifetime guarantee, plus 130 is about all I can justify. Here's the one I think I want:

As long as your blade is under 5 1/2 inches you're good in Texas just don't bring it into New Mexico, it's illegal here.

• Banned

As long as your blade is under 5 1/2 inches you're good in Texas just don't bring it into New Mexico, it's illegal here.
That's crazy ain't it? You can carry a gun but not that knife!

That's crazy ain't it? You can carry a gun but not that knife!
Plus you can't carry anything other than a pocket knife concealed unless you have a CC though here there's no blade length restrictions. While New Mexico does have some weird laws concerning weapons it tends to be a very gun friendly State fir being blue, at least for now. There was a hue and cry primarily by the State's ultra progressives after the Walmart shootings in El Paso but it appears to have died down, New Mexicans love their firearms, I'm sure quite a few State legislators received a flurry of constituent correspondence on the matter. Were probably told to back off or they'd be replaced........ We'll see........

Might want to look up the local laws concerning this. I remember that when I was stationed in VA, police and the military were allowed to have them, but civilians were not. There were a few places that I lived where the laws were crazy like that.

Those would be illegal in North Carolina

I have a microtech. Decent knife. Kinda pricey though.

• Banned

Those would be illegal in North Carolina
Good thing I'm not there, huh? ;) But imo, that's really stupid. You can carry a gun but not that knife? Ridiculous.

Lol what does it shoot the blade??
Yeah, you point it at the commie bedwetter you hate and press the switch and the blade shoots out a 1800 fps.
I’ve watched 5 videos it’s a folding knife who cares
What exactly does the knife care about? And it's an automatic knife.
Video?
videoGIF-a.gif
If I had that sat night I’d be in the news

Forum List

Back