Anyone ever cut your fingertip off

You're supposed to curl your finger tips under and rest the knife blade against your knuckles. That way your finger tips will never be under the blade.

I know this... I watch cooking shows... :D

Accidents do happen..... Generally because we get stupid and stop paying attention to what we are doing.

while making supper?

seriously... I feel like a total idiot- how does one not realize your body is between the knife and the cutting board? Or not realize you've removed part of yourself until you wonder why the potatoes are so wet?

SmileyFacepalm.png

I did with a circular saw, and over time it grew back with a small scabby indention which finally disappeared.

My dad did. Several years ago in a car door. Ouch! My mom took the piece of fingertip to the hospital, but there was little they could do with it. It was sad to see him lying there in a hospital bed with his hand all bandaged up, looking like he just got out of major surgery. In a way, it was ... for him.

Hope your finger is better.

while making supper?

seriously... I feel like a total idiot- how does one not realize your body is between the knife and the cutting board? Or not realize you've removed part of yourself until you wonder why the potatoes are so wet?

SmileyFacepalm.png

Now you know why mother nature was wise enough to not give us prehensile penises, amigo.

Regenerative medicine: Information from Answers.com

Dr. Stephen Badylak, a Research Professor in the Department of Surgery and director of Tissue Engineering at the McGowan Institute for Regenerative Medicine at the University of Pittsburgh, has developed a process which involves scraping cells from the lining of a pig’s bladder, decellulising (making free of cells) the tissue and then drying it to become a sheet or a powder. This cellular matrix powder was used to regrow the finger of Lee Spievak, who had severed half an inch of his finger after getting it caught in a propeller of a model plane.[12][13][14] However, Ben Goldacre has described this as "the missing finger that never was", claiming that fingertips regrow and quoted Simon Kay, professor of hand surgery at the University of Leeds, who from the picture provided by Goldacre described the case as seemingly "an ordinary fingertip injury with quite unremarkable healing" and as "junk science".[15]

Dr. Stephen Badylak, a Research Professor in the Department of Surgery and director of Tissue Engineering at the McGowan Institute for Regenerative Medicine at the University of Pittsburgh, has developed a process which involves scraping cells from the lining of a pig’s bladder, decellulising (making free of cells) the tissue and then drying it to become a sheet or a powder. This cellular matrix powder was used to regrow the finger of Lee Spievak, who had severed half an inch of his finger after getting it caught in a propeller of a model plane.[12][13][14] However, Ben Goldacre has described this as "the missing finger that never was", claiming that fingertips regrow and quoted Simon Kay, professor of hand surgery at the University of Leeds, who from the picture provided by Goldacre described the case as seemingly "an ordinary fingertip injury with quite unremarkable healing" and as "junk science".[15]

Have you looked into having your brain regenerated?

Have you looked into having your brain regenerated?

Wouldn't help. That one, like the original, would get "rejected" by her body.

Yep. At 10 or 11. I was starting my model plane, a small gas operated motor I would hook up to an external battery and wind the prop with a spring loaded aid. The prop slipped and in the blink of an eye it recoiled and cut off the very tip of my middle finger.
It bled pretty good and 50 years later I still have a different feel or sensitivity then I do with the tips of other fingers.
Of course I have aches in my knees and in my shoulder from baseball and football too. In my next life I plan to limit my activities to reading and TV; the only two activities my wife says I engage in and don't get hurt.

Forum List

Back