Anyone Else Watch "Live PD"

Desperado

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2012
It is like a live versions of Cops on A&E on Friday and Saturday nights.
One thing is very apparent no matter the location of the police departments being filmed, and that is the American policy of " Innocent till Proven Guilty" is a thing of the past.
Cops no longer wear police uniforms but rather they now wear military fatigues even though they are in a rural community of South Carolina and not Mosul Iraq! Now it seems that all the
police departments they cover treat even traffic offenders as convicted felons, even to the point of handcuffing the person while they are asking them questions.
Certainly not the type of police I remember. It is a sad commentary on today's police departments.

I watch the show and enjoy it for the most part Actually, I'm generally impressed with the way in which the police handle situations, they are generally relaxed and communicate well. Like 99% of times, if you are respectful, police will reciprocate for the most part.

I even saw one in Texas in which the suspect joked with the cop and told him he had a warrant out for him "smuggling maxi-pads" or something juvenile like that. The cop looked at him suspiciously but checked with dispatch and came back and the perp was laughing. Both he and the cop laughed a bit and the guy says "I was only messing around", the cop said to the camera, "hey I had to check, it sounded odd but you never know". He let the guy go with a warning and they were both pretty relaxed and joking.

You have to wonder how much changes because the police know they are on camera and I also assume they only allow their best officers to be video taped, not the loose cannons and bad apples. Regardless, I find it's a decent show.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back