Zone1 Anyone else on tablet getting annoying full screen pop up ads?

I'm sorry - but good Lord people... this is 2023.
Everyone should know about AdBlockers by now.
I haven't seen a single advertising on this forum for years.

Idk what changed but we need to change it back. Can't scroll without getting a popup, can't post without a popup, every two minutes it seems a popup

What's going on mods?
One of the benefits of being a supporting member is supposed to be no ads. If management is doing this intentionally, they’ve got some ‘splainin’ to do.

Same here.
But for the last couple months, the list of avis with the top reactions has disappeared, replaced by Amazon ads on my screen.
I think websites set off with all good intentions, but when the likes of advert revenue comes into the picture, site owners throw everyone under the bus.

I just recently started getting them on my phone and computer,.. I don't go on my tablet much anymore though but I don't think I've gotten them on there yet.

That is interesting. PJ and I both have Fire Tablets, mostly for reading. Her new one she just got came with 4 gig of RAM. I will have to look. If I see anything, will let you know.
Rust, I found something. You are correct that Amazon Fire doesn't want you to load another browse, but you still can, without hacking the system. Firefox Aurora browser might be the answer, but you need to make your own decision. There is a step by step install video on YouTube (naturally). Mind you, I am not telling you do it, but it appears it is doable, can be downloaded and installed.
Here is the video I watched.

Rust, I found something. You are correct that Amazon Fire doesn't want you to load another browse, but you still can, without hacking the system. Firefox Aurora browser might be the answer, but you need to make your own decision. There is a step by step install video on YouTube (naturally). Mind you, I am not telling you do it, but it appears it is doable, can be downloaded and installed.
Here is the video I watched.

Thanks for that I'll look into it later

Thanks for that I'll look into it later
Anytime. PJ and I are Kindle users all the way back to the first paper whites, but mostly using for our book collections. She absolutely refuses to use it as a tablet. I don't do the message board on it, and use DuckDuckGo as my start and search engine on Amazon's silk browser, still deleting all history when exiting.

It's probably the Amazon affiliate account they added to the web site that's generating them.

Do you see how it automatically links the word Amazon there? I didn't do that, it's the code doing it. Does it when you type the word eBay, too.

I don't even use Amazon at all. Don't even have an account with the company.

Shenanigans. Wait'll the AI takes over the world. Heh heeeeeee......

Last edited:

Forum List

Back