Zone1 Anyone else on tablet getting annoying full screen pop up ads?

Idk what changed but we need to change it back. Can't scroll without getting a popup, can't post without a popup, every two minutes it seems a popup

What's going on mods?
I am still not getting pop up ads, unless somebody reports a thread or post for having no content at all or having something obscene or objectionable, that I cannot see.
I get the ads then briefly when I turn off protections on my system, to see the blocked content.
Other than that, I never ever see any ads on USMB, pop up or otherwise.
Perhaps you should evaluate your browser and other software choices.

Idk what changed but we need to change it back. Can't scroll without getting a popup, can't post without a popup, every two minutes it seems a popup

What's going on mods?
I got one pop-up yesterday just after signing on. Same today. Doesn't matter what browser either, except with Firefox where I didn't notice an issue.

I got one pop-up yesterday just after signing on. Same today. Doesn't matter what browser either, except with Firefox where I didn't notice an issue.
I use Firefox also. It won't tolerate that crap.

Popup Blockers I use on my pc...........which are supposed to work with any type of pc........

I also have AdBlock for Youtube.

If one blocker doesn't catch a popup or ad, the other one will.

Sometimes I do get a popup now and then, but its rare, and I just add it to the blacklist of the popup manager.

I'm on a desktop now using Edge. I closed USMB, cleared the History, then signed back on to USMB. All was ok till I clicked on Active Topics and then the Popup appeared.
Just tried on an Android phone and it did the same after signing on and going to Active Topics.

This Amazon tablet I have wont let me download other browsers :/
That is interesting. PJ and I both have Fire Tablets, mostly for reading. Her new one she just got came with 4 gig of RAM. I will have to look. If I see anything, will let you know.

It's becoming a nuisance and it's only started happening recently.
3 things..Adblock and/or noscript..and..

pc-master.gif

sexy.gif

Last edited:
I'm on a desktop now using Edge. I closed USMB, cleared the History, then signed back on to USMB. All was ok till I clicked on Active Topics and then the Popup appeared.
Edge is not good..literally everything is better except IE 11

I'm trying to set up a Windows now, and for some reason it has IE 11 and Edge.

They're probably going bye bye along with Cortana. Hmm, I better see if the the thing retains useful functionality

after all the crap I did to it.:aargh:

Administrator is the owner and Trustedinstaller and SYSTEM and all that on that one.

There's chances I broke something and have to start over.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back