Anyone else having problem with receiving their annuity payments

WEATHER53

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2017
From Allianz?
Three times for me in last 12 months and they blame it on the post office.
Truth is though they sent me a We are Sorry letter dated 10/25 which I got in 4 days but my 10/7 original check has never arrived and the 10/25 reissued check (same day as We Are Sorry letter) has not arrived either.

From Allianz?
Truth is though they sent me a We are Sorry letter dated 10/25 which I got in 4 days but my 10/7 original check has never arrived and the 10/25 reissued check (same day as We Are Sorry letter) has not arrived either.
Here is my situation. My union pension has been on the government's danger list for about 15 years which means it can barely cover the monthly pension checks. With the improving market, I am sure that the pension account has been in much better shape, financially, giving me some peace of mind. Now that the DEMONRATS have destroyed the market with their fiscal insanity, I am just waiting to hear that the government has taken over my pension fund and will reduce my monthly check by as much as 50%. Just another kick in the head from Joe Biden. FJB and all those that support his idiocy.

Here is my situation. My union pension has been on the government's danger list for about 15 years which means it can barely cover the monthly pension checks. With the improving market, I am sure that the pension account has been in much better shape, financially, giving me some peace of mind. Now that the DEMONRATS have destroyed the market with their fiscal insanity, I am just waiting to hear that the government has taken over my pension fund and will reduce my monthly check by as much as 50%. Just another kick in the head from Joe Biden. FJB and all those that support his idiocy.
My pension is still in the Green Zone. But I worry that the economy will change that if something is not done. Thank God the Midterms will make a huge difference. To the Weatherman. my annuity payments come like clockwork.

From Allianz?
Is direct payment not an option?

From Allianz?
That sounds troubling.

Trump's appointee DeJoy said the Post Office needed to slow down the mail, and made it happen.

You asked for this, you got it.
Actually the mail is now better and cheaper than it was..when Trump took office.

It was really a lot better before Obama was in office. I could make money just buying and shipping things then.

The country has turned to shit. You asked for it and you got it.
Do you really think the country only turned to chit because of a post office problem? Please tell us what you think about all the disastrous decisions and out-of-control spending or bungled foreign affairs mistakes we are living with because of Biden. That is what turned this county into a chit-hole. FJB and everyone that voted for him.

I recently found out that there is a federal program roughly analogous to the FDIC. It basically insures pensions (up to some limit). It doesn’t apply to government employee pensions.

If the worst happens to you with regard to Allianz, you will probably want to get well versed in that program.

See: Pension Protection Act (PPA) | U.S. Department of Labor

Allianz at some point addressed the financial crisis and the impact on pension programs: Allianz | Pension funds and the financial crisis

Nevertheless, Allianz appears a little sketchy:

And

I recently found out that there is a federal program roughly analogous to the FDIC. It basically insures pensions (up to some limit). It doesn’t apply to government employee pensions.

If the worst happens to you with regard to Allianz, you will probably want to get well versed in that program.

Allianz at some point addressed the financial crisis and the impact on pension programs: Allianz | Pension funds and the financial crisis

And

Insolvent pensions are turned over to the Pension Benefit Guarantee Corporation (PBGC). Their formula for figuring your reduced pension is $35 for every year up to a maximum (I believe it is currently $1035. That's it. My pension was reduced from $2400 to $1035 per month.

Last edited:
Is direct payment not an option?
This is what I think they are trying to force.
Frankly they can’t get it to me via mail so not keen on providing bank account info
Keeping tabs on my accounts via first class mail is not, should not and need not be a problem
I receive 17 other monthly or quarterly disbursements and two semi annual plus annual capital gains all like clockwork, all but one first class mail, so something is amiss. This is a closed, pay down account so I’m really of no further income value to them, they are just paying me down.

Frankly they can’t get it to me via mail so not keen on providing bank account info
I agree with you 100%, but I think the government and banking industry want to force us into a cashless society. I am experiencing the same tactics with my CC company. They have been warning me that "slow mail service" may impact my mailed payments. After telling me that, they claimed they didn't receive a payment after 21 days--TWICE. I think it is because I use my card and pay it in full monthly so they get no income from me--they would love to see me leave.

And

Thank you for this. They are sketchy. It does not reference the slight of hand they are using to delay individuals receiving their payments yet that well may be what I’m experiencing

Last edited:
Thank you for this.
Your welcome.
They are sketchy. It does not reference the slight if hand they are using to delay individuals receiving their payments yet that well may be what I’m experiencing
I hate to say this. But, it might be a good idea for you to find a solid financial advisor or a well-qualified lawyer in the field. Maybe sooner rather than later.

Not sure how related this is, but any rooting around for the foreign entity “Allianz” leads to stories like this current one.

Forum List

Back