Anyone else have Big brother filtering Movies in your area...

Jeepers

Feb 11, 2008
Charleston SC
God forbid "W" the movie show in little ole South Carolina... Good thing an American Carol is playing... I might have suspected some kind of malice here... ?... Why in the hell couldnt the weather be better in the North.. SC is in a political friggin Vaccuum...

I might just go to theater when W comes out..maybe see american carol again, with my humorous anti-liberal shirts I have. Always love to see the reactions people make when they read them

In Virginia we call South Carolina "the land that time forgot."

Old times there were not forgotten......

Is this the personal choice of a theater or chain of theaters? Or is this the government forcibly not letting it be shown?

Somehow I don't think it is the latter... but I don't think that plays in to your "big brother" theory much...

Is this the personal choice of a theater or chain of theaters? Or is this the government forcibly not letting it be shown?

Somehow I don't think it is the latter... but I don't think that plays in to your "big brother" theory much...

I'd like to say that I am not sure but.. Ive had to cross picket lines to see the last temptation of christ, and our IMAX was shut down shortly after airing a movie that spoke of shhhhh.. evolution... I seriously think its just the proprietors that dont want to raise the ire of our local jesus and george lovin nutjobs..

I'd like to say that I am not sure but.. Ive had to cross picket lines to see the last temptation of christ, and our IMAX was shut down shortly after airing a movie that spoke of shhhhh.. evolution... I seriously think its just the proprietors that dont want to raise the ire of our local jesus and george lovin nutjobs..

Well... they have to answer to heir purse strings... and if it hurts their bottom line to offend a majority of people who would be their customers.. then that is a decision they have to make

Ok.. just spoke to the manager at our rebel theater here that is currently showing religalous... he said, the owner said, he aint gonna run it but wouldnt elaborate..

God forbid "W" the movie show in little ole South Carolina... Good thing an American Carol is playing... I might have suspected some kind of malice here... ?... Why in the hell couldnt the weather be better in the North.. SC is in a political friggin Vaccuum...
Right. Your not being able to see "W" is a Rovian plot. :cuckoo:
Why can't you just wait a couple of weeks for when it comes out on DVD?

Last I checked Movie theaters are private enterprises and the Owners are free to pick and chose what they will or will not show.

I suggest you complain to the OWNERS of the theaters in your area. Why you could even write the paper about it. But claim Government had anything to do with it is retarded.

Good news.. "W" has been picked up by two of the local theatres.. I think its on a single screen basis however... interesting news is that I will probably go to see it just because of the controversy that has been created.. well that and I can get two tics a bottle of wine and a pie for under 50 bones...

i will see "w" for entertainment value only, with no expectation that it hold any basis in real life. In regards to the topic, it is solely up to the theater to make the decision to show or not the show the movie. No big brother involved.

If the government represses this kind of film, it's illegal.

But when private business represses this kind of film, it's just the invisible gag of the market.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back