Anybody wondering why Candy had the Rose Garden Transcript....

....and why Obama knew she had it?

Too funny.

Probably because she's a JOURNALIST (and it's kinda in her job description to pay attention to the news as well as report it, of which a speech from the WH garden would be seen as news). Besides, it was only 2 weeks ago, and chances are, she reported at least one segment on it.

How did Obama know she had it? Because he knew she was a journalist for CNN.

Basic common sense if you think about it.

I'm still wondering where Mittens got his "binders full of women". Is it a binder full of photos (like a Russian mail order bride catalog)? And by the way, a quick fact check of that statement is that Mittens didn't actively seek out those women, he was PRESENTED with many resumes of qualified women.

Silly rationalization, but thats what you do.

It's really fun watching you wingnuts come apart at the seams.

Read all about it...Obama spins and lies!!!!

Time line of lies!

Obama's Benghazi Lies - Home

Destroys Obama's case. It wasn't about a fucking terrorist attack, BUT the protest over our freedom of speech.

On the 13th he was talking about the protest when he said terrorized.

Susan Rice said on the 16th that this wasn't a pre-planned attack. LIES

On the 18th Obama went on the letterman show and blamed our first amendment for the attack. LIES!!!

If the terrorized was supposed to mean a terrorist attack. Well, Obama sure inserted his foot in his ass.

Clinton on the 21st was the first to say it was a Terrorist attack. SPIN!

Obama on the view on the 25th said it was about the fucking video! Spin some more!!!

Our guys winning, we have no reason to come unglued Jose.

The name is Josef, not Jose, you illiterate sack of shit.

And apparently, you are coming apart at the seams. And, no, your guy isn't winning. In case you haven't noticed, Obama still has a slight lead in some key swing states, and nationally, the race is at a statistical tie.

Try again, Dazed.

I'm going to guess that she did her homework and prepared in advance of the debate. The campaigns were both notified that she planned to ask follow-up questions of the candidates during the debate. It would have been stupid for her to have failed to review for the Libya question.

Exactly.

“They got stuck on this word,” she said. “It did not come to me like ‘I’m going to fact check this.’ It came to me like ‘Can we get past this?’”

Asked by Barbara Walters, herself a former moderator of multiple debates, whether she had producers guiding her via an earpiece, Crowley said she was wearing one but it played no part in the Benghazi/terror exchange.

“The one thing they were saying was, ‘The president’s five minutes over Romney, you need to let Romney speak more,’” she said. No one told her that Obama had, in fact, uttered the word “terror” the day after the Benghazi attack, and no one had to. “I’d heard it in the Rose Garden,” she said, “I’d seen it before. I’d heard this conversation before.”

Crowley acknowledged that her on-the-spot fact-check was itself factually problematic, since it hinges on the question of whether Obama was speaking generically or specifically when he invoked “acts of terror” in the Rose Garden.

“People are going to look at this through the prism they look at it through,” she said.

But she made no apologies for interpreting her role the way she did.

Candy Crowley Explains Controversial Debate Performance: 'I Had A Flashback To When My Kids Were Young' - Forbes

Here's a timeline of what happened with the Benghazi attacks. It's from thinkprogress, which normally I would not post as I consider it a biased source. However, in the case of this article, the timeline links to the news stories substantiating each day by day event.

I would encourage you to review it before you make asses of yourselves.

UPDATED: What Everyone Should Know About The Benghazi Attack | ThinkProgress

I worked for a law enforcement agency for quite a while. When serious crimes happen, law enforcement agencies typically release some but not all the details of the case, because the pertinent details may not all be known for days or weeks or even months. People who are interviewed forget details or change their stories. That's exactly the case with what happened here. The witnesses on the ground gave two different stories. Witnesses told NY Times reporters (and also FBI investigators) that the attacks were motivated by the video. Other witnesses stated that they were an opportunistic attack by local jihadists.

It's entirely likely that BOTH STORIES ARE TRUE. Ideology groups like that have agendas that are all over the map.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/16/w...ghazi-investigation.html?pagewanted=1&_r=0&hp

To those on the ground, the circumstances of the attack are hardly a mystery. Most of the attackers made no effort to hide their faces or identities, and during the assault some acknowledged to a Libyan journalist working for The New York Times that they belonged to the group. And their attack drew a crowd, some of whom cheered them on, some of whom just gawked, and some of whom later looted the compound.

The fighters said at the time that they were moved to act because of the video, which had first gained attention across the region after a protest in Egypt that day. The assailants approvingly recalled a 2006 assault by local Islamists that had destroyed an Italian diplomatic mission in Benghazi over a perceived insult to the prophet. In June the group staged a similar attack against the Tunisian Consulate over a different film, according to the Congressional testimony of the American security chief at the time, Eric A. Nordstrom.

At a news conference the day after the ambassador and three other Americans were killed, a spokesman for Ansar al-Shariah praised the attack as the proper response to such an insult to Islam. “We are saluting our people for this zeal in protecting their religion, to grant victory to the prophet,” the spokesman said. “The response has to be firm.” Other Benghazi militia leaders who know the group say its leaders and ideology are all homegrown. Those leaders, including Ahmed Abu Khattala and Mohammed Ali Zahawi, fought alongside other commanders against Col. Muammar el-Qaddafi. Their group provides social services and guards a hospital. And they openly proselytize for their brand of puritanical Islam and political vision.

They profess no interest in global fights against the West or distant battles aimed at removing American troops from the Arabian Peninsula.
Evidence Points to Disorganized Strike on U.S. Compound in Libya - SFGate
Instead, accounts from U.S. intelligence officials and Benghazi residents, along with evidence in the burned-out American diplomatic compound, point to a hasty and poorly organized act by men with basic military training and access to weapons widely available in Libya.
The attacks probably did not come from a peaceful uprising, or if there were peaceful protesters, those folks were used by the attackers as a cover. The attackers named BOTH THE VIDEO, and their desire to attack the U.S., as motives.

No wonder you think it is a biased site.

Here is a timeline from a site you might consider a little less biased.

Timeline of Libya Consulate attack reveals administration contradictions - The Hill's Global Affairs

Keep in mind that the State Department monitored the entire thing in real time in their crisis center, and knew from the beginning that there was no spontaneous protest, and that they would have fed that data directly to every other crises center that the US government operates. This was an organized and deliberate attack, they even made sure to hit the security barracks as soon as they breached the compound.

Background Briefing on Libya

One of the few things the government does well is track attacks on US assets. The Pentagon, State, and the White House Situation room do not operate in a fog of war, pretending they do is stupid. If you have 30 minutes I suggest you listen to Colonel Hunt lay out how the various agencies react to a crisis.

Col. Hunt On The Newest Libyan Revelations

If you don't, here is a description of the process.

Scott this morning repeats the common understanding that the State Department monitored the Benghazi attack in real time. Until yesterday, this had been my understanding, as well…a lonely lady in a basement at Foggy Bottom.
Col. David Hunt has persuaded me that the attack was followed in real time not merely by the State Department but more than a hundred people in the White House situation room as well as in similar facilities within DoD and intelligence agencies. Logs [would have been] kept noting what officials entered these facilities, when they were notified, what decisions were requested/made, what was said by officials, etc., etc.
Col. Hunt paints this picture based not on direct knowledge but on his extensive knowledge of how these government agencies conduct crisis management operations. Obviously, in a six hour crisis there was plenty of time for all the various crisis management facilities to come on line, something that Col. Hunt depicts as happening pretty much instantly.
I am persuaded by this picture, and I think it leaves a dramatic — and much more damning — impression of the alleged confusion, passivity, and disengagement of the president.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archiv...ign=Feed:+powerlineblog/livefeed+(Power+Line)

Our guys winning, we have no reason to come unglued Jose.

The name is Josef, not Jose, you illiterate sack of shit.

And apparently, you are coming apart at the seams. And, no, your guy isn't winning. In case you haven't noticed, Obama still has a slight lead in some key swing states, and nationally, the race is at a statistical tie.

Try again, Dazed.

Sorry Jose, our is up by .6...you are losing....and judging by your response YOU are coming unglued.

Read all about it...Obama spins and lies!!!!

Time line of lies!

Obama's Benghazi Lies - Home

Destroys Obama's case. It wasn't about a fucking terrorist attack, BUT the protest over our freedom of speech.

On the 13th he was talking about the protest when he said terrorized.

Susan Rice said on the 16th that this wasn't a pre-planned attack. LIES

On the 18th Obama went on the letterman show and blamed our first amendment for the attack. LIES!!!

If the terrorized was supposed to mean a terrorist attack. Well, Obama sure inserted his foot in his ass.

Clinton on the 21st was the first to say it was a Terrorist attack. SPIN!

Obama on the view on the 25th said it was about the fucking video! Spin some more!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iD4a9GHBF_U&feature=related]Carney maintains Libya attack was not preplanned - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPzjayOh-PU&feature=relmfu]Who is responsible for the attack in Benghazi? - YouTube[/ame]

Biden blatantly lied about Chris Stevens wanting more Security
The Fact Checker

“We weren’t told they wanted more security there. We did not know they wanted more security.”

— Biden, speaking of the U.S. diplomatic mission in Libya

Biden’s bold statement was directly contradicted by State Department officials just this week, in testimony before a congressional panel and in unclassified cables released by a congressional committee.

“All of us at post were in sync that we wanted these resources,” said Eric Nordstrom, the top regional security officer in Libya earlier this year. A Utah national guardsman who led a security team, Lt. Col. Andrew Wood, said: “We felt great frustration that those requests were ignored or just never met.”

She probably had a lot of transcripts knowing how Romney lied throughout the last debate. People wanted her to jump in and set that guy straight.

Btw, Obama won last night's debate. :lol:
You have a golden opportunity to show even ONE Romney lie from the first debate.

Not one lefty has ever been able to, despite being asked repeatedly.

Let me help you out but these are examples of his lies from last night, factcheck.org:

• Romney said repeatedly he won’t cut taxes for the wealthy, a switch from his position during the GOP primaries, when he said the top 1 percent would be among those to benefit.

• Romney said “a recent study has shown” that taxes “will” rise on the middle class by $4,000 as a result of federal debt increases since Obama took office. Not true. That’s just one possible way debt service could be financed.

• Romney claimed 580,000 women have lost jobs under Obama. The true figure is closer to 93,000.

• Romney claimed the automakers’ bankruptcy that Obama implemented was “precisely what I recommend.” Romney did favor a bankruptcy followed by federal loan guarantees, but not the direct federal aid that Obama insists was essential.

• Romney said he would keep Pell Grants for low-income college students “growing.” That’s a change. Both Romney and his running mate, Ryan, have previously said they’d limit eligibility.

Posters here have provided lie after lie from the first debate so what you are claiming is just not true. Just because you don't want to hear doesn't mean it hasn't been said many, many times over. Look it up, slug.
Actually, no, they haven't. That's why I asked.

You're the first I've seen to post any. All the others just mindlessly screech "He LIEEEEEED!!" without posting any lies -- exactly as programmed.

Good on you! :clap2:

Forum List

Back