Anybody in the path?

I'm dreaming of a White Halloween.

Jut like the ones I never knew.

Big fat snowflakes are falling in this 'burb north of the Big 'Ol City of NY. Been falling now for about an hour and change.

And they just keep on falling. Snow is lready starting to cover the road surfaces.

The snow wasn't supposed to start here until 10 p.m. tonight.

It is already weighing down the tree branches all covered still with leaves.

I hear the wind is coming, too. So, my unhappy prediction is power outages will be coming to a neighborhood near me -- too soon.

It is kind of pretty. But it's wrong.

Naturally, I blame Boooooosh.

How?! Obviously, this is Clinton's fault because um, Hilary went to school on the eastern seaboard, or somesuch.

Woke up to about 4-6 inches of snow overnight. Earliest snowfall since we moved here in 2004 I think.
Knew it was going to an early winter when the trees started changing in MN in July.

And?

They happen.

I'm in Minnesota, and did not see any changing. In fact, we've had so much long-term warmth that most still have not yet changed. My best friend's roses put in a second appearance. They don't know what season it is anymore.

Welp it's changed to a fine mist of some sort. Oh wait, now it's back to snow.

Here's a pick of our swamp maple in the back yard in June. A freak 20 minute wind storm broke a big branch off of the left side of the tree (notice how much thinner the left side is vs. the right side).

IMG_0281.jpg

Thanks to this freak October snow storm here's what we now have

IMG_0644.jpg

Poor swamp maple. :(

IMG_0645.jpg

Wow. Looks like lots of heavy snow, all the branches (the other pictures as well) are so laden down.

Forum List

Back