anybody else sick of this shit..

bugs

Platinum Member
Jul 31, 2009
Classified
the BAD economy.. people talking about what is REALLY happening.. what is the BEST way to play it.. BLAH,BLAH,BLAH! i am TIRED of it and wonder what you guys think..:confused:

Well, no turn arround where I work at, but the outlook has improved. The main mill was going to be down for most of August. Now we have enough work for two crews four days a week. And the possibility of more orders that could improve that later in the fall. Still bad for an awful lot of people that are out of work, and no work available of any kind, let alone a reasonable salary.

Im more tired of Obama trying to spend us out of debt. Having the federal reserve make more money is devaluing the dollar more and prices are going to rise because of it.

Jamie

Amen jamie.. i agree 100%!! if they get away with it.. i'll be in shock!!:cuckoo:

I'm not much of an economics person, but the printing more money thing is of huge concern to me. We have a whole lot of manufacturing done overseas. Weaken the power of the dollar, and the prices go up without ever officially moving. Some places anticipated and bought lots of foreign currency in advance to cut their losses when payin-up time comes, but some didn't, so the same materials/products cost more, which then costs us more on the US market. Considering how tied in with foreign economies we are that this point in time, printing more money just seems to me to be one the worst things we could do.

another BIG thing for the CONFIDENCE game.. will the DOW continue to climb this week? (i say NOPE.. NO WAY!)

Printing more money is a bad thing, considering they haven't adjusted the amount they print to accommodate the fact that fewer bills are being lost or ruined, and they are not recalling the old ones either. So the end result is more money than we have assets to cover ... in short ... inflation.

yep.. i saw a bill from the 30's a couple days ago.. (no BS!) the 1930's!!!:eek:

yep.. i saw a bill from the 30's a couple days ago.. (no BS!) the 1930's!!!:eek:

The printing rate for bills was originally calculated based on the average number lost or destroyed for whatever reason between each printing schedule. However, our bills are very durable now compared to then also people are far more careful with them for obvious reasons. These numbers have no been adjusted for almost a century, and we are quickly falling prey to the same effect as the Yen ... where 1,000 dollar bills will equal 1 dollar's worth of product.

the BAD economy.. people talking about what is REALLY happening.. what is the BEST way to play it.. BLAH,BLAH,BLAH! i am TIRED of it and wonder what you guys think..:confused:

I can start talking about how the economy is great, just like Mr. Obama does!

Only, it won't get me a job...it won't pay my bills...and it won't help my parents' retirement accounts...

I can start talking about how the economy is great, just like Mr. Obama does!

Only, it won't get me a job...it won't pay my bills...and it won't help my parents' retirement accounts...

right you are.. but.. don't worry because everything is FIXED NOW! the DOW went up more today so NEVER MIND the unemployment figures!:eusa_drool:

Yes, I'm tired of talking about it all but if you roll over and let the government have their way, we're in serious trouble. It's one thing to voice your opinions here but it's even more important to write to your lawmakers in Congress to let them know what kind of dirt bags they are and they need to get their act together. They might vote all this silly stuff through anyway, even if you do write, but at least you can honestly say you fought against it if you let your voice be heard.

The money the Fed has created so far has not actually been "printed".

They enter an amount onto their balance sheet electronically, and then purchase assets with it. This increases bank reserves of the member banks they purchased said assets from, and from there it is up to the individual banks and the market participators (you or I) to put that money into circulation by lending and borrowing, or those banks investing in other securities.

The money supply has not increased all that significantly yet, only bank reserves that make up the monetary base. In fact, the monetary base has actually slightly decreased as of late, with new money creation being much less than it was before the new year.

The potential is of course there for some pretty nasty inflation in the future, but this economy is going to have to get a lot healthier before much of that money sitting on reserve enters circulation. To include individual bank balance sheets cleaning up a lot more still, before they feel comfortable to even lend much of their reserves out, much less our already over-leveraged population having the demand for that much new credit.

Bernanke claims to have an exit strategy from this reserve increase debacle we're currently looking at. I'll believe it when I see it.

Last edited:
A year from now, when the economy is fully recovered and a new boom is stating, the whole bunch of you will be in state of denial about the successful policies of the Obama administration - you'll cling to any rationalization.

The present government knows more than you do about the economy and is taking EXACTLY the correct policies to fix this economy - but only from a egalitarian point of view.

Yes, we may go thru a period of deflation followed by hyper-inflation. But given the horrendous wealth distribution of the world, it may be the best corrective action.

A year from now, when the economy is fully recovered and a new boom is stating, the whole bunch of you will be in state of denial about the successful policies of the Obama administration - you'll cling to any rationalization.

The present government knows more than you do about the economy and is taking EXACTLY the correct policies to fix this economy - but only from a egalitarian point of view.

Yes, we may go thru a period of deflation followed by hyper-inflation. But given the horrendous wealth distribution of the world, it may be the best corrective action.
Source?

Allow me...

Fantasy: a situation imagined by an individual or group, which does not correspond with reality but expresses certain desires or aims of its creator. Fantasies typically involve situations which are impossible (such as the existence of magic powers) or highly unlikely.

I don't get it, I just don't. Everyone is so anti-government until their particular flavor of politician gets into power then suddenly they are willing to offer their souls to them.

Forum List

Back