Any Vietnam era vets on this forum?

70-71 Phu Bai Combat Base.

Quang Tri, Vinne, Da Nang, Monkey Mountain and Haiphong Harbor. The best liberty port in the fleet during the Easter/Spring Offensive was Olongapo City, PI when Marcos was in power, drunken debauchery.

Your claim:
In the invasion of Iraq, half a million innocent civilians were killed, many of them children.

What is actually written:

"On March 19, 2003, a U.S.-led coalition invaded Iraq, beginning a ground war that culminated in the rapid capture of Baghdad and overthrow of the regime led by Saddam Hussein. A coalition-led occupation of Iraq lasted until 2011, marked by repeated bombings, an al Qaeda-linked insurgency, militia warfare, and other bloodshed in the nation of 32.6 million people."

It is not claimed that those killed were "innocent civilians" or that the US, or the US led coalition, was responsible for those deaths.

The rest came indirectly, from stress-related heart attacks or ruined sanitation and hospitals.
Just like the nazis tried to hide the deaths of the Jews, Shrub and Cheney don't want their atrocities known. But you and I both know many innocent civilians were killed in the initial invasion alone. The bombing was indiscriminate.
Your efforts to dismiss those murders makes you just as guilty.
The nazi word for "shock and awe" is blitzkrieg.
noun
a swift intensive military attack, esp using tanks supported by aircraft, designed to defeat the opposition quickly

I guess you do not know the meaning of the word "indiscriminate" or you would not have used that word,

Arlington, November 11, 2015 with some of the gang. On Saturday Nov,14 we celebrated the beginning of the Battle of Ia Drang Valley at LZ X-RAY. Had my baseball hat on.

We Were Soldiers Once and Young: Ia Drang Valley 1965 withLisa Soltow Brannon and 9 others at Vietnam Veterans Memorial.

November 11 · Washington, District of Columbia, DC · ·

Thank You Sir for sharing your reunion with us. Now I am studying the tree leaves to find out where it was held, I see one young birch tree and one old birch tree, a couple of young maple trees and a few young oak trees. No palm trees so it was not held in Tahiti.

Reading is not your strong suit.

So yeah - we did win!

Perhaps you could explain how losing billions of dollars and thousands of men for zero gain and a red face was winning.
Perhaps you could also explain how America being a friend and sending weapons to this communist dictatorship isn't a kick in the teeth to the vets.

Our mission was to stop North Vietnam from overrunning South Vietnam. We did exactly that until we were pulled out. Had America turned us loose we could have overrun North Vietnam. America didn't. Obama and crew seem to get a real thrill at disrespecting vets and active military alike. What goes around comes around.
What was our national security interest in Vietnam?

Your claim:
In the invasion of Iraq, half a million innocent civilians were killed, many of them children.

What is actually written:

"On March 19, 2003, a U.S.-led coalition invaded Iraq, beginning a ground war that culminated in the rapid capture of Baghdad and overthrow of the regime led by Saddam Hussein. A coalition-led occupation of Iraq lasted until 2011, marked by repeated bombings, an al Qaeda-linked insurgency, militia warfare, and other bloodshed in the nation of 32.6 million people."

It is not claimed that those killed were "innocent civilians" or that the US, or the US led coalition, was responsible for those deaths.

The rest came indirectly, from stress-related heart attacks or ruined sanitation and hospitals.
Just like the nazis tried to hide the deaths of the Jews, Shrub and Cheney don't want their atrocities known. But you and I both know many innocent civilians were killed in the initial invasion alone. The bombing was indiscriminate.
Your efforts to dismiss those murders makes you just as guilty.
The nazi word for "shock and awe" is blitzkrieg.
noun
a swift intensive military attack, esp using tanks supported by aircraft, designed to defeat the opposition quickly

I guess you do not know the meaning of the word "indiscriminate" or you would not have used that word,

I know what fire for effect means and untenable but indiscriminate was not how we did it way back then.

Jan 67/Jan 68, Qui Nhon Ammunition Depot located twenty miles inland at Ku Mung Pass on Hi Way One. Ultimate paradise with king cobras for company. Shortly after I rotated back "Charlie" blew the place up during the TET offensive.

Ho Chi Minh Trail, I remember it well. We had a priest on board who would communicate with the priest on the ground speaking a type of Latin only known to priests spotting fire for us. The enemy wised up and blew down the catholic church near Hue with the priest in it.

70-71 Phu Bai Combat Base.

Quang Tri, Vinne, Da Nang, Monkey Mountain and Haiphong Harbor. The best liberty port in the fleet during the Easter/Spring Offensive was Olongapo City, PI when Marcos was in power, drunken debauchery.
Went up to quang tri a couple of times. I don't even remember why I went. I think it was because it was so hot on the ground, and I liked the helicopter ride.

At the VA today - agent orange.

We weren't on a fools errand and we didn't lose

Given the US went into the war on the side of a dictator, lost 58,000 soldier, but came out with shit all, I'd say you were on a fool's errand and weren't just defeated, you were humiliated.

Now you supply their communist government with US made weapons at US taxpayers' expense.

That means many Vietnam vets are sending money to the very people they tried to kill, and who killed so many of their friends.

Politicians are always willing to sacrifice your life for their cause, no matter how many wars they loose.

Every war America has been in after WWII has been for the egotistical desires of politicians to be the world dictator. And like Hitler, we lost them all.... Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan.

There is no glory in coming home in a box. There is no honor in sacrificing a limb for corporate profits.

All the chicken hawks give lip service, "Thanks for your service" and "Our brave heroes", but deny the vets their healthcare and the honor of a decent job when they get home.

Those that have been in war know the ugliness. They have to live with the horrors the rest of their lives. The have to live with the memories of dead children, and innocent civilians they've killed. Most of them are to forked up enough to hold a job.

Today I came out of WalMart, and a vet came up to me and asked it I could help out a vet. Our brave heroes are reduced to beggars. How honorable.

BTW, I served from 1970-73. But they sent me to Iran instead of Nam. Please, spare me your lip service.
The ONLY ONES screwing over the veteran is Barry and his criminal thug buddies permanently housed in Washington. You want to see how badly vets can be treated? If Hillary Clinton becomes President, she will only cross the street to piss on a vet. You know, I volunteer at two places. One is a veteran's center run by the VFW. Funny how I NEVER see vets there who are liberal. Oh, you can hear them whine and moan like you do and they always write letters to the editor or they post on boards like this. But they NEVER show up. Never sit with a vet who's shaking and crying over something that happened in Bien Hoa or Falujah. Or talking one out of eating a bullet.

"The have to live with the memories of dead children, and innocent civilians they've killed" Are you really that stupid? Good God in heaven above. A person who has supposedly put on the uniform of his country and you sit there and call us 'baby killers.' You are no goddamn better than the maggots who threw urine on those vets or screamed those names at them.

9thIDdoc and those men and women like him. I've never served with them, don't know them. But they are hero's none-the-less. In me they have a brother in arms. In you they have a pain-in-the-ass wanna be who, quite frankly, NEVER will be...

Go ahead and try to justify this....just try....

:bsflag:

Given the US went into the war on the side of a dictator, lost 58,000 soldier, but came out with shit all, I'd say you were on a fool's errand and weren't just defeated, you were humiliated.

Now you supply their communist government with US made weapons at US taxpayers' expense.

That means many Vietnam vets are sending money to the very people they tried to kill, and who killed so many of their friends.
Democrats forgot how to fight wars.

Bush is crucified because he lost 4000, yet JFK and LBJ lost 58,000.

I'd say you're an opinionated shit stain that doesn't understand what happened. The politicians in DC were running the war and were very aware of the bad press the media was dishing out on a daily basis. Votes mattered. The intent was to stop the spread of communism and with the USSR it was a very real threat. Whether we should have gone in is a different matter.

If there's any humiliation it belongs to the politicians that left the south holding the bag.

I've just read this entire thread ... and it made my heart ache. I don't know if there's some buried memory of seeing my Daddy in uniform (WWII), but growing up I can remember my heart soaring ... so filled with pride ... when I saw men in uniform walking the streets. I clearly remember taking a bus from Lynchburg, VA where I lived in an orphanage to spend a week "vacation" with my family in Richmond. I was seated next to a sailor on that trip and I drew a picture of this voluptuous, long haired girl and handed to this sailor! I have no idea how I even got the idea that servicemen liked pretty women ... I was probably no more than 8 or 9 years old at the time. But he thanked me and put it in his pocket.

Later, when I was no longer in the orphanage, there were always uniformed men on the streets of Richmond and I felt so much pride in seeing them, in pledging allegiance to my country's flag, in being an American proud of my nation. I was living and working in DC when Vietnam came along. Everything changed. Service personnel could no longer walk the streets in uniform ... and they still can't. My HS love served in Vietnam. I just didn't realize it at the time because I wasn't getting any mail from him until I finally got a letter one day saying he was coming home and asked me to marry him. That didn't happen as it turned out, but he is still the love of my life and we've reconnected all these years later. I'm afraid to mention Vietnam to him, but I know that experience changed his life forever. He's still paying the price mentally and physically ... and has just in the last few months finally received the benefits he was promised when he joined.

When I say "Thank you for your service," I mean it from the bottom of my heart.

Jane Fonda and Kerry reporting in sir!:alcoholic::deal:
Kerry enlisted and volunteered for dangerous duty. Fonda? I don`t think so. She has more in common with the guy who deserted during time of war and was elected twice to the POTUS. What the fuck are you babbling about ninja?

LBJ and Gomer Bush should have been tried as war criminals. Too late for LBJ but the other guy is still with us living in exile on a fake ranch in a shithole state. JFK told Walter Cronkite (video is easily found) that if a war was to be fought in Vietnam it would have to be fought by Vietnamese. His fate was sealed.

Jane Fonda and Kerry reporting in sir!:alcoholic::deal:
Kerry enlisted and volunteered for dangerous duty. Fonda? I don`t think so. She has more in common with the guy who deserted during time of war and was elected twice to the POTUS. What the fuck are you babbling about ninja?
Kerry was an inspiration to Bowe Bergdahl. Two high profile traitors and pieces of shit..

LBJ and Gomer Bush should have been tried as war criminals. Too late for LBJ but the other guy is still with us living in exile on a fake ranch in a shithole state. JFK told Walter Cronkite (video is easily found) that if a war was to be fought in Vietnam it would have to be fought by Vietnamese. His fate was sealed.
What crime?

Name the statute.

Forum List

Back