Any summer vacation plans?

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
We have a week planned at Estes Park Colorado in a month, anyone going anywhere this summer? It's been too long since I've been in the Rockies and I can't wait to get back.

hubby wants to go to the grand canyon this winter...i prefer not to fly on man's tin cans...but fly we must ...
just seems to be a hard trip to put together....we are talking about a helicopter into the canyon

Kinda late to this thread and sorry about that. Spent 4 full days in Pittsbugh in early June. Went there the first time in June 2016 and wanted to go back since then. The week before it had been 90+ degrees there. During my visit, the high was 81 dgrees one day. The highs were in the 70's the other days. It was great.

2023-06-08 06.52.32.jpg

2023-06-08 12.44.35.jpg

I was in France in June, first holiday in four years because of Covid, in September i will be in the Netherlands for a couple of weeks, last time i was there was five years ago, will spend a few days on the coast then a few days in Arnhem.

Check out the museums, I've never been, but I have visited the Netherlands before.

Yes indeed, i have been many times over the years, love to meet the veterans but they are fewer and fewer as the years pass, i met some on my visit to Nornamndy and some said they will be in Arnhem so hope to meet them again and have a beer, probably for the final time, see images of the places i visit, Noordwijk on the coast to relax and then to Arnhem, parade of WW2 restored Jeeps and other trucks.

Attachments

• DSCN4224.JPG
    DSCN4224.JPG
    135.8 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCN4225 (1).JPG
    DSCN4225 (1).JPG
    269.3 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCN4328 (1).JPG
    DSCN4328 (1).JPG
    308.4 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
IMG_2413.jpeg

Quaking Aspens. Notice how elk love eating the bark at the base. It has medicinal properties, like aspirin.

IMG_2431.jpeg

Aftermath of an avalanche.

IMG_2460.jpeg

Summit at Trail Ridge Road

IMG_2449.jpeg

IMG_2439.jpeg

Marmot

We have a week planned at Estes Park Colorado in a month, anyone going anywhere this summer? It's been too long since I've been in the Rockies and I can't wait to get back.

Not been there since 2000, I worked in the "other supermarket", the one on the way to the park, rather than the Safeway in town.
I haven't gone anywhere on holiday since before the pandemic, unable to go anywhere right now either. Plans to go somewhere in February.

Not been there since 2000, I worked in the "other supermarket", the one on the way to the park, rather than the Safeway in town.
I haven't gone anywhere on holiday since before the pandemic, unable to go anywhere right now either. Plans to go somewhere in February.
There is no Walgreens or other drug stores in town and one grocery store. There is an empty lot in the center of town on Elkhorn drive for 2 million, build a Walgreens there and it pays for the lot in no time.

There is no Walgreens or other drug stores in town and one grocery store. There is an empty lot in the center of town on Elkhorn drive for 2 million, build a Walgreens there and it pays for the lot in no time.

There's the Safeway, I looked it up, it's still there. That's in the Stanley Village. Then there's the Country Supermarket on Moraine Avenue, still also seems to be there. Also the Rocky Mountain Pharmacy in Stanley Village, as a Drug Store.

Forum List

Back