Any small government conservatives out there?

Brain357

Platinum Member
Mar 30, 2013
Are there still any small government conservatives. The "conservative", right leaning republicans on this board seem to mostly be big government/big spending. They support the increased deficits now that they are Republican deficits. They support corporate welfare and the government picking winners and losers. They support the government picking winners and losers with tariffs. Just curious if there are still any real small government conservatives out there.

no we are small government, but until you guys are ready to work on entitlements it doesn't matter

no we are small government, but until you guys are ready to work on entitlements it doesn't matter
By you guys you mean independents? Shouldn't entitlements be down with this economy? Do you support our current government even after the huge spending increases? If so I don't see how you could be a small government conservative.

I am a smaller gov't, fiscal conservative who hates the idea of spending money we ain't got and passing the debt onto future generations. I have never been a Republican, nor a Democrat either for that matter.
I was a Republican until it became obvious they only talked about being fiscally responsible. Now they don't even pretend to be. Pretty sad state of affairs.

By you guys you mean independents? Shouldn't entitlements be down with this economy? Do you support our current government even after the huge spending increases? If so I don't see how you could be a small government conservative.

you are no independent. let's stop that fallacy.

as for the govt, it should spend less, well see the budget next year.

Really? And what am I then?

So you do support all the spending then. You are not a small government conservative, lets stop that fallacy.

So you do support all the spending then. You are not a small government conservative, lets stop that fallacy.
you're a leftwinger
and I do support making the government smaller.
less regulation
reduction of employees

all good

deficit is about spending and entitlements.....when you're serious we can talk

you're a leftwinger
and I do support making the government smaller.
less regulation
reduction of employees

all good

deficit is about spending and entitlements.....when you're serious we can talk
haha...you are the one supporting increased spending. You sound like a left winger.

Are there still any small government conservatives. The "conservative", right leaning republicans on this board seem to mostly be big government/big spending. They support the increased deficits now that they are Republican deficits. They support corporate welfare and the government picking winners and losers. They support the government picking winners and losers with tariffs. Just curious if there are still any real small government conservatives out there.
If you really understand what an American conservative is the one thing that stands out is destroy the feds. That, unfortunately has nothing to do with the republicans. Conservatives have been partyless for a long time. Having said that, the dems are the worst of all worlds.

The next budget will not be any smaller, Trump did not run on making the Govt smaller, he just wants to spend more money on different things.

What is "SPACE FORCE ONE" going to cost us? Guess most be time to cut taxes for the corps and uber wealthy again!

I don't support anything that increases spending and the deficit. That being said imagine the budgets that would have come out of a Clinton WH and tax breaks are not welfare.
What's hilariously hypocritical are Liberals and the fiscal responsibility that they have suddenly pulled from the deepest darkest part of their asses.

Riiiigght. Cut "entitlements" and balance the budget after you guys gave the treasury away to corporations and rich folks again with massive tax cuts.

I've been working since I was 13 and paying social security and medicare taxes my entire life. How the fuck is that an entitlement?

I’m one
But it doesn’t do any good

I don't support anything that increases spending and the deficit. That being said imagine the budgets that would have come out of a Clinton WH and tax breaks are not welfare.
What's hilariously hypocritical are Liberals and the fiscal responsibility that they have suddenly pulled from the deepest darkest part of their asses.

Bbbbbbbut Hilary, just to funny it never ends. How do you feel about Rump and the conservatives racking up record debt in a good economy. Remember Hitlery is not president, Rump is.

The next budget will not be any smaller, Trump did not run on making the Govt smaller, he just wants to spend more money on different things.
No he did run on it. but if you don't touch entitlements it's not enough to show.
For example he has cut jobs in the federal government, his budget was even more jobs gone.....this is a great place to start

his budget:
Here's How Many Federal Jobs Will Be Killed by Donald Trump's Budget

what he has done
Trump Has Cut Federal Payroll by 24,000 Jobs

So he has cut federal government jobs quite a bit...and plans to do a lot more

but in order to control the deficit, gotta work on the entitlements.

Bbbbbbbut Hilary, just to funny it never ends. How do you feel about Rump and the conservatives racking up record debt in a good economy. Remember Hitlery is not president, Rump is.
when did you care about the debt.....

I'm for smaller government. Love trimming all those government jobs. Also love all the waste he has cut from virtually every department. He is the first president in decades to just cut waste. The budget was a disaster, but I don't see any other way to rebuild the military. Personally, I think we can maintain a strong military and still pay for what we spend. I don't blame you for being frustrated Brain. It does seem a little hopeless with career politicians spending our money like a crack addict.

Forum List

Back