Any of your liberal historical geniuses ever hear of the "Killing Fields?"

Does the OP then believe that over the past 20 years the US should have intervened in the Congo, in the Sudan, and in Rwanda,

at great cost and loss of American life, to try to militarily prevent the milliions of deaths that have in fact occurred in our absence?

Yes or no.

Desperate to change the subject!

This tactic is called the "20 questions tactic."

When you know you are losing, start asking questions, until you find something you HOPE will put the op on the defensive.

This isn't about whether or not we should or should NOT invade a country.

It's about what we should do ONCE WE ARE THERE FOR GOOD OR FOR ILL.

The fact is, WE ARE IN IRAQ WHETHER WE LIKE IT OR NOT.

So, that being established we stop asking why we are there, and start asking HOW DO WE LEAVE?

Do we just bail as we did in Vietnam, with the last chopper taking off from the American compound and Hasta La Vista baby to the remaining Vietnamese and Cambodians who can't get out?

Do we leave them to just die?

Do we HAVE some responsibility to those people since we DID invade?

You won't answer those questions because you would have to THINK to do so.

You don't want to think. It's much easier to just hate Bush.

Bush arranged the Iraq withdrawal.

Who's changing the subject? You're claiming we have a responsibility to save lives all over the world,

so what about Africa?

Please show me the evidence that Bush arranged the withdrawal by the end of the year.

And what does Africa have to do wit it?

Obama sent troops to Uganda. DUH!

Say it doesn't count?

Remember Vietnam started when Kennedy just sent advisers.

[The EVENTUAL RESULT WAS 9/11!!!!!!!!!!

That's the best example of how just leaving and not only kill Afghanis, but eventually killed AMERICANS!

9/11 happened because we were IN Saudi Arabia, not because we left anywhere.

Nice try, but OBL and Al Queda were allowed to set up operations in Afghanistan because the Soviets had left Afghanistan without a power structure and the Talibahn just marched into that vacuum.

Does the OP then believe that over the past 20 years the US should have intervened in the Congo, in the Sudan, and in Rwanda,

at great cost and loss of American life, to try to militarily prevent the milliions of deaths that have in fact occurred in our absence?

Yes or no.

When you know you are losing, start asking questions, until you find something you HOPE will put the op on the defensive.

So, that being established we stop asking why we are there, and start asking HOW DO WE LEAVE?

Do we just bail as we did in Vietnam, with the last chopper taking off from the American compound and Hasta La Vista baby to the remaining Vietnamese and Cambodians who can't get out?

The premise of your nonsensical argument is that the Cambodian genocide was our fault because once we're in a war somewhere, we can't just leave.

We weren't in Cambodia. We were in Vietnam. Your premise is shit.

Why did Nixon BOMB CAMBODIA???????????

Notice he's dancing like hell around this question?

Notice he's desperate not to answer this question?

There's a reason for that.

Pssst. Hint for all those that may not know the answer. Same reason Obama made statements in 2008 that we should bomb Pakistan.

Bush arranged the Iraq withdrawal.

Who's changing the subject? You're claiming we have a responsibility to save lives all over the world,

so what about Africa?

Please show me the evidence that Bush arranged the withdrawal by the end of the year.

And what does Africa have to do wit it?

Obama sent troops to Uganda. DUH!

Say it doesn't count?

Remember Vietnam started when Kennedy just sent advisers.

Vietnam was "started" when Truman decided to help the French..it was further escalated when Eisenhower stopped a general election.

Gosh..you don't know shit.

Hey, twit, why don't you risk your life and go over to Iraq to protect people from whatever?

Oh, of course you won't, you'd rather our soldiers die for that.

Bitch.

You'd rather that our soldiers who have already died, die for nothing!

And then add more deaths to that from innocent people left to suffer at the hands of those we fought to defeat.

It would be like us just leaving Germany after WWII and ignoring the fact they reopened the death camps to kill more Jews.

"We shouldn't have been there in the first place." Is NOT an answer to turning such a completely blind eye to that reality.
They did die for nothing. Letting more of them die would be outrageous.

There are plenty of Christian missionaries in Iraq. Since you are so concerned about the Iraqis, and since you claim Christians are superior, why aren't you over there preaching the Gospel of Jesus?

Oh, yeah, because you're a hypocritical bitch that doesn't care about the Iraqis except as a political tool.

Typical liberal. When a liberal tactic fails they don't have the mental capacity to think up a new angle. They just double down on the same tactic and hope it works this time.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Kerry said that there would only be 10,000 people killed if we pulled out...oopsies.

Vietnam was a war won for the Communists by the LMSM
We SCREWED the Vietnamese...

.....just to keep De Gaulle & Wall $treet happy.....​

"U.S. involvement in Vietnam during World War II saw the Vietnamese as our allies.

Ho Chi Minh met with the U.S. operative, Major Patti, and they agreed on joint anti-Japanese actions. The U.S. dropped supplies behind the lines to Ho Chi Minh and the Viet Minh helped Americans downed behind Japanese lines. The first American advisors helped train, equip and arm the Viet Minh. In 1945, the Democratic Republic of Vietnam was formed with Ho Chi Minh as the first President. American planes flew over Hanoi in celebration of the founding. The Vietnamese Declaration of Independence echoed that of the U.S.: "All men are created equal. They are endowed by their creator with certain inalienable rights, among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness...This immortal statement is extracted from the Declaration of Independence of the United States of America in 1776. Understood in the broader sense this means: All people on earth are born equal. Every person has the right to live, to be happy, and free."

Ho Chi Minh asked the Americans to honor their commitment to independence, citing the Atlantic Charter and the U.N. Charter on self-determination. However, by the end of the war, the U.S. government had begun to redirect its foreign policy from the wartime goal of the liberation of all occupied countries and colonies to the postwar anti-communist crusade, which became the Cold War. In France, where communists had led the resistance to the Nazi occupation, American policy supported General Charles de Gaulle and his anti-communist "Free French." De Gaulle aimed to restore the glory of France, which meant the return of all former French colonies. U.S. relations with the Vietnamese turned sour. President Truman refused to answer letters or cables from Ho. Instead, the U.S. began to ship military aid to the French forces in Indochina."

The History O' 'Nam

(The part Teabaggers never learned.)​

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT90Qu55O4U]Viet Nam A Television History 1, The Roots of War 2 - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erf52WGnM4g]Viet Nam A Television History 1, The Roots of War 3 - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdMhaypD5wU]Viet Nam A Television History 1, The Roots of War 4 - YouTube[/ame]

You Teabaggers really need to stick to subjects you KNOW-something-about......like soap-operas & NASCAR.

277.gif
277.gif
277.gif
277.gif
277.gif

Last edited:
It has to do with the idiot OP's fake concern over millions dying in foreign conflicts.

Oh, get this. My concern is "fake."

You lefties really know you are losing the debate on this, don't you?

Now you have to smear the op, because you know you can't defeat the op.

You're claiming that the Cambodian genocide occurred because we left Cambodia too soon.

We were never in Cambodia (other than some across border actions going after the NVA).

Again, your premise is shit.

This is what liberals do when they lose.

They claim you said something NOT IN EVIDENCE, then they expect you to be put on the defensive OVER A FALSE PREMISE.

Why did the Nixon bomb Cambodia?

You keep dancing around that question and the reason for that is obvious.

Breaking: The Cold War is over, we won! Cold War Dinosaurs! Iraq for the Iraqis!!

This what is called Post-History, and the Age of Information, including for Libyans and even Afhanistan! Let the smart people like Obama and NATO take care of of it, and stfu dittoheads....

Apparently, this is code for:

"You old people don't know what you are talking about! You are stuck in the Cold War!"

Considering this op has nothing to do with the Cold War, that's pretty pathetic.

You brought up our troop presence in Germany. Why are we still there?

Should we have just left after WWII and Japan as well.

What do you think would have been the result?

And then add more deaths to that from innocent people left to suffer at the hands of those we fought to defeat.

It would be like us just leaving Germany after WWII and ignoring the fact they reopened the death camps to kill more Jews.

"We shouldn't have been there in the first place." Is NOT an answer to turning such a completely blind eye to that reality.
They did die for nothing. Letting more of them die would be outrageous.

There are plenty of Christian missionaries in Iraq. Since you are so concerned about the Iraqis, and since you claim Christians are superior, why aren't you over there preaching the Gospel of Jesus?

Oh, yeah, because you're a hypocritical bitch that doesn't care about the Iraqis except as a political tool.

Typical liberal. When a liberal tactic fails they don't have the mental capacity to think up a new angle. They just double down on the same tactic and hope it works this time.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Still can't answer I see.

Breaking: The Cold War is over, we won! Cold War Dinosaurs! Iraq for the Iraqis!!

This what is called Post-History, and the Age of Information, including for Libyans and even Afhanistan! Let the smart people like Obama and NATO take care of of it, and stfu dittoheads....

"You old people don't know what you are talking about! You are stuck in the Cold War!"

Considering this op has nothing to do with the Cold War, that's pretty pathetic.

The killing fields and Vietnam have nothing to do with the Cold War- That's a good one.

I'm 60- I'm saying Pub dupes are morons, and always have been...Leave gov't to the intelligent, not Pub chickenhawks...

Okay, you're a liar and I know it.

A) Because I'm 50 and I refuse to believe someone 10 years my senior could be this stupid.

Surely, you have to have learned better from history than this.

B) Then why did you bring up the Cold War, other than just a desperate attempt to chang the subject.

See, this is another learning moment. Here is another liberal. It isn't about the lessons of history or how many people will die.

It's ONLY about HIS self centered, narcissistic pet peeves, and that's ONLY what it is about.

Cambodia and Vietnam are two different countries in case you missed that geography lesson.

Hellooooooooooooooooooooo idiot!

There is a REASON Nixon bombed Cambodia.

There is a REASON Pol Pot took over in Cambodia ONCE the US pulled out of Vietnam.

Do you know the reasons for this?

I bet a dime, you don't.

Thank you for proving the point, that not only do the left not learn from history. They don't even KNOW history, nor care to learn.
You really need to pick up a history book.

Yeah, I guess that's why YOU won't have the balls to answer a simple question.

Why did Nixon bomb Cambodia.

Gee, I wonder why no liberal will stick their neck out and answer that?

I know why! Because, it defeats their argument, and they know it.

You should be raving against Bush you stupid bitch.

We can certainly leave a country that we never should have invaded before any more of our soldiers are killed.

Thank you for proving me right.

You don't care about the historical precedent.

You don't care that history teaches us what will happen if we just pull out of Iraq.

You don't care.

It's only about your irrational and narcissistic hatred of Bush.

That's all it's about with you.

Thank you for proving my point.

Come to think of it, we were partially in the Iraq mess because Poppa Bush pulled out without finishing off Saddam. Now where were you then? Quiet as a mouse.

Using your logic, we can blame the first Bush for all the deaths of Americans during Dubya's invasion.

:thup:

I guess reading comprehension isn't your forte.

You didn't read what I said about Bush 41 leaving Iraq after the Gulf War and that's one of the reasons I didn't vote for him in '92. Because he left the Kurds to freeze and die in the mud.

Sorry, but you are just all over the map trying to find a smear that will get me off the subject.

They are getting more and more desperate, and more and more pathetic.

Keep trying.

JFK wanted to get out of Vietnam but the Military Industrial Complex blew his head off. Looking back, it seems to me that Vietnam was a 10 plus year money making opportunity for Politically connected Military Contractors, nothing more.

I can't blame what happened there on the Liberals for wanting to get out of Vietnam.

Yeah, thank you for the Michael Moore conspiracy theory, but what has that to do with what happened AFTER we just pulled out?

You brought up our troop presence in Germany. Why are we still there?
The funny thing is, teapeespam doesn't know how much of a fool she looks. She'll trot off from the thread eventually thinking she "won" the internets.

:rofl:

It's getting more and more desperate.

Now they are going to declare they won despite the fact the won't answer the question why did Nixon bomb Cambodia.

Can you all imagine what Germany and Japan would be like today if we had just up and left after the end of WWII?

How long would it have been before we had to go back and fight them again, do you think?

That was certainly the lesson of WWI.

The US just went home and allowed Europe to fuck itself up, turning a blind eye to the whole thing.

How many Americans at Pearl Harbor and WWII died because of that?

So getting another another 50,000 Americans killed turning Cambodia into another Vietnam would have been a good thing?

How would that have worked, exactly?
Like ReRon Reagan said.....we never allowed our troops to win, in 'Nam!!!!

handjob.gif

bush_serving_beer.jpg

Chickenhawk-Marksman-15739.jpg

Hey, twit, why don't you risk your life and go over to Iraq to protect people from whatever?

Oh, of course you won't, you'd rather our soldiers die for that.

Bitch.

I'd rather that we quit sending our soldiers to die in some vain attempt to justify the soldiers we already sent to die.

Well, we tried isolationism.

We tried it in the 30s and Pearl Harbor was the result.

We tried it in the Intelligence community (walls between intelligence communities thanks to the Clinton admin) and 9/11 was the result.

Problem is libs, all you are doing is wishing for a perfect world.

Isn't a perfect world.

Sometimes presidents get involved in things they should or shouldn't get involved in.

Once they do, how we handle the withdrawal can reverberate for YEARS to come, and kill even more people, including Americans.

i heard of the killing fields.

i heard of the bombing of cambodia, also.

i know why the rural population hated the city-dwellers and why the KR emptied pnomh penh within days after the capture.

i know who ended the KR regime.

i know who installed lon nol.

i know who was in charge from 1968-1975 in the US.

i know that you, teabaggers, are not to be taken seriously.

1197086068917675051egore_Thumb_Up_.svg.med.png

:clap2:

You didn't tell us how this military action in Cambodia would have worked exactly.

What has that got to do with it?

Did NIXON BOMB CAMBODIA???????

Yes??????????

Why did he do it?

You won't answer that question, because you know how it damages YOUR argument.

We bombed Cambodia because North Vietnam was using it against us and the South.

Now tell us how a military operation by the US would have prevented the Cambodian genocide.

And tell us specifically how that would have worked.

There you go! You finally did it!

We bombed Cambodia for the same reason Obama wanted to bomb Pakistan.

Because the communists were using Cambodia as a staging ground to launch attacks against the Americans in Vietnam.

Just like Pakistan is now being used by Al Queda to as a hideout and staging ground to attack Americans in Afghanistan.

And just up and leaving meant those communists NO LONGER HAD TO HIDE.

They took advantage of that to kill millions.

What do you think will happen to Iraq, with Iran so close by if we just up and leave????????

It's not hard to guess.

Hellooooooooooooooooooooo idiot!

There is a REASON Nixon bombed Cambodia.

There is a REASON Pol Pot took over in Cambodia ONCE the US pulled out of Vietnam.

Do you know the reasons for this?

I bet a dime, you don't.

Thank you for proving the point, that not only do the left not learn from history. They don't even KNOW history, nor care to learn.
You really need to pick up a history book.

Yeah, I guess that's why YOU won't have the balls to answer a simple question.

Why did Nixon bomb Cambodia.

Gee, I wonder why no liberal will stick their neck out and answer that?

I know why! Because, it defeats their argument, and they know it.

The argument is that it would have been a disaster to lose another 50,000 Americans trying to prop up a corrupt regime in Cambodia.

Why do you think that wouldn't have been a disaster?

Forum List

Back