Any of your liberal historical geniuses ever hear of the "Killing Fields?"

Breaking: The Cold War is over, we won! Cold War Dinosaurs! Iraq for the Iraqis!!

This what is called Post-History, and the Age of Information, including for Libyans and even Afhanistan! Let the smart people like Obama and NATO take care of of it, and stfu dittoheads....

After Tet, when we inflicted one of the worst military defeats on our enemy in the history of warfare, Cronkite and the LMSM called it for the NVA. That's what lost Vietnam for us. A LMSM sympathetic to people killing our soldiers.

Thankfully, I lived to see the destruction of the LMSM media monopoly.

Why were we there in the first place? What was the justification, in terms of vital national security interests, for us to ever be in Vietnam?

See what I mean?

All they are going to do is argue why we shouldn't be in Vietnam blah blah blah.

IT DOESN'T MATTER.

What matters is you can't just LEAVE once you DO become involved in a country.

That is the subject one of you lefties want to address.

Cambodia and Vietnam are two different countries in case you missed that geography lesson.

Does the OP then believe that over the past 20 years the US should have intervened in the Congo, in the Sudan, and in Rwanda,

at great cost and loss of American life, to try to militarily prevent the milliions of deaths that have in fact occurred in our absence?

Yes or no.

Desperate to change the subject!

This tactic is called the "20 questions tactic."

When you know you are losing, start asking questions, until you find something you HOPE will put the op on the defensive.

This isn't about whether or not we should or should NOT invade a country.

It's about what we should do ONCE WE ARE THERE FOR GOOD OR FOR ILL.

The fact is, WE ARE IN IRAQ WHETHER WE LIKE IT OR NOT.

So, that being established we stop asking why we are there, and start asking HOW DO WE LEAVE?

Do we just bail as we did in Vietnam, with the last chopper taking off from the American compound and Hasta La Vista baby to the remaining Vietnamese and Cambodians who can't get out?

Do we leave them to just die?

Do we HAVE some responsibility to those people since we DID invade?

You won't answer those questions because you would have to THINK to do so.

You don't want to think. It's much easier to just hate Bush.

Don't you get it??????????

What am I saying, of course you don't.

It doesn't matter whether you agree with Vietnam.

The fact was WE WERE THERE!

You can't just pull out and leave millions of people defenseless!

I mean we STILL have people in Germany.

I'm not saying that's right or wrong. I'M SAYING THAT'S THE REALITY!

That's the way foreign policy works, whether you like it or not (and trust me I don't)

It's just reality.

You can't just pull out.

It's not only a military disaster, it's a public relations disaster, it's a foreign policy disaster.

It's human casualty disaster.

Do you get or even CARE how many people are going to die, just to make you happy over your hatred for Bush?????????

I not only think you don't know how many people will die, I DON'T EVEN THINK YOU WOULD CARE HOW MANY PEOPLE WOULD DIE EVEN IF YOU DID KNOW.

All you freaking care about is your hatred for Bush.

You left disgust me to my very heart. You disgust me so, it even sickens my heart more.

How can we learn such horrible lessons in history as the killing fields of Cambodia JUST TO REPEAT IT AGAIN, because the left is too selfish and arrogant to learn from any of it's own mistakes???????

1. Do you understand that wars cost American lives and billions of dollars? Anyone ever mention that to you?

2. Why ARE we still in Germany and Japan, at great expense?

3. Barack Obama is carrying out the Bush plan for withdrawal from Iraq.

4. Nixon got us out of Vietnam. Take it up with his corpse if you think that was wrong.

Wrong.

We left Vietnam when the Democrat Congress took advantage of Nixon's Watergate problems to pull all future funding for Vietnam while.

Again, as I say it doesn't matter whether we should have gone to Vietnam, or Iraq.

What matters NOW is Vietnam is a lesson from history about what happens, when you just suddenly leave.

None of you libs want to address that because YOU DON'T CARE.

You don't care how many people will die.

You only care about your hatred for Bush and your support of Obama.

This thread, makes that quite clear.

Conservatarians look at Vietnam and think the lesson is that we shouldn't leave.

Those who live in 2011 and are capable of an ounce of reflection look at Vietnam and realize that the lesson is: We shouldn't go there in the first place.

Last edited:
How finally ended Pol Pot's regime, TPS?

Do you know?

What has how Pol Pot ended have to do with what let him EVER come to power in the first place?

That's just an attempt to deflect from the central point because you lefties know you really can't argue it did happen JUST as I said it did.

But keep trying lefties.

You are just making it clear how unable you are to really argue around this chilling reality.

You didn't tell us how this military action in Cambodia would have worked exactly.

How finally ended Pol Pot's regime, TPS?

Do you know?
lol.....who would have guessed that teapeespam was a commie lover.

See what I mean? They can't even begin to think. It's easier to just hate Bush.
There are plenty of Christian missionaries in Iraq. Since you are so concerned about the Iraqis, and since you claim Christians are superior, why aren't you over there preaching the Gospel of Jesus?

Oh, yeah, because you're a hypocritical bitch that doesn't care about the Iraqis except as a political tool.

Does the OP then believe that over the past 20 years the US should have intervened in the Congo, in the Sudan, and in Rwanda,

at great cost and loss of American life, to try to militarily prevent the milliions of deaths that have in fact occurred in our absence?

Yes or no.

When you know you are losing, start asking questions, until you find something you HOPE will put the op on the defensive.

So, that being established we stop asking why we are there, and start asking HOW DO WE LEAVE?

Do we just bail as we did in Vietnam, with the last chopper taking off from the American compound and Hasta La Vista baby to the remaining Vietnamese and Cambodians who can't get out?

So you think we should keep our troops there and allow them to be tried under Islamic law for any purported crimes?

1. Do you understand that wars cost American lives and billions of dollars? Anyone ever mention that to you?

2. Why ARE we still in Germany and Japan, at great expense?

3. Barack Obama is carrying out the Bush plan for withdrawal from Iraq.

4. Nixon got us out of Vietnam. Take it up with his corpse if you think that was wrong.

Wrong.

We left Vietnam when the Democrat Congress took advantage of Nixon's Watergate problems to pull all future funding for Vietnam while.

Again, as I say it doesn't matter whether we should have gone to Vietnam, or Iraq.

What matters NOW is Vietnam is a lesson from history about what happens, when you just suddenly leave.

None of you libs want to address that because YOU DON'T CARE.

You don't care how many people will die.

You only care about your hatred for Bush and your support of Obama.

This thread, makes that quite clear.

Conservatarians look at Vietnam and think the lesson is that we shouldn't leave.

Those who live in 2012 and are capable of an ounce of reflection look at Vietnam and realize that the lesson is: We shouldn't go there in the first place.

The Right looks for any excuse they can find to force the US to pour more and more money down the rathole of militarism, in the name of 'defense'.

After Tet, when we inflicted one of the worst military defeats on our enemy in the history of warfare, Cronkite and the LMSM called it for the NVA. That's what lost Vietnam for us. A LMSM sympathetic to people killing our soldiers.

Thankfully, I lived to see the destruction of the LMSM media monopoly.

Yes, I was happy to live to see that as well.

OK, you dumb fucks. How many times did the Brits inflict crushing defeats on the Irish? And how did that work out in the end? We got out of Vietnam because we could no longer afford a war that indenfsible militarily and economically. Refight it all you want, the facts are there for all to see.

I think we see who's dumb.

We are NOT refighting Vietnam.

This isn't about the Vietnam War.

It's about the AFTERMATH of just pulling out.

Ireland isn't the example to examine such a result.

AFGHANISTAN is the example.

When the Russians left, it left the Talibahn in control of a devestated populace who couldn't fight back.

The EVENTUAL RESULT WAS 9/11!!!!!!!!!!

That's the best example of how just leaving and not only kill Afghanis, but eventually killed AMERICANS!

It doesn't matter whether it was right or wrong to invade a country. Once you are there, you can't just up and leave.

There are too many historical examples that show the results.

And how the Killing Fields became the Killing Fields?

The Killing Fields Museum - Learn from Cambodia - Home

It's because Democrats decided to just withdraw completely from Vietnam. Condemning not only many Vietnamese to death but MANY Cambodians.

Whether you agree with Vietham or not, Vietnam left us with one very important historical lesson.
Yeah.....don't go to War, every time some nut-job (at the Pentagon) decides we need to pull-the-pin on a new one!!!

"On the night of Aug. 4, the Pentagon proclaimed that a second attack by North Vietnamese PT boats had occurred earlier that day in the Tonkin Gulf — a report cited by President Johnson as he went on national TV that evening to announce a momentous escalation in the war: air strikes against North Vietnam."​

Lemme guess.......you weren't a History Major, right?

eusa_doh.gif

Yes or no.

Bush arranged the Iraq withdrawal.

Who's changing the subject? You're claiming we have a responsibility to save lives all over the world,

so what about Africa?

Also, in terms of full disclosure, we had a bit to do with that.

We overthrew the monarchy of NOrodom Sihanouk in favor of the Khmer Republic of Lon Nol, who turned out to be completely incapable of running the country. Then we bombed the snot out of the Eastern part of the country (trying to shut down the "ho chi Mihn Trail"), creating millions of refugees and making them ripe for recruitment by the Khmer Rogue and Pol Pot. The killing fields, as they say, where the rural people of the east avenging themselves on the Urban people in the west of the country.

Whenever people want to complain about some slaughter perpertrated by 'communists', they usually leave out that there were years of war preceeding these incidents that had dehumanized and bruatlized the people involved. Russia had a decade of war before the Stalin Purges. China had two decades of war before Mao did his shit. Life becomes cheap and bad things follow.

We are never that far from the savage, as much as we like to tell ourselves otherwise.

You guys are proving me right.

You just don't want to deal with the central point.

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHETHER YOU AGREE WITH VIETNAM OR IRAQ!

So, trying to change the subject to what America did wrong in EITHER Vietnam or Iraq ISN'T GOING TO GET AROUND THE 500 LB GORILLA IN THE ROOM.

Doesn't matter whether it was right or wrong.

What matters is WE ARE THERE, whether you like it or not.

And you can't just pull the rug out and leave!

Vietnam and Cambodia taught us what happens when you do.

And now Obama wishes to repeat that same collosal error that will likely kill more millions.

Notice NONE of you people on the left want to address that, BECAUSE YOU DON'T GIVE A DAMN HOW MANY IRAQIS WILL DIE.

All you care about is your hatred for Bush.

You really make it clear the narcissistic evil that lies at the central core of leftism.

I could tell people this is true of the left, but they would not believe me.

You lefties make the case for me. Thank you for your efforts.
Hey, twit, why don't you risk your life and go over to Iraq to protect people from whatever?

Oh, of course you won't, you'd rather our soldiers die for that.

Bitch.

You'd rather that our soldiers who have already died, die for nothing!

And then add more deaths to that from innocent people left to suffer at the hands of those we fought to defeat.

It would be like us just leaving Germany after WWII and ignoring the fact they reopened the death camps to kill more Jews.

"We shouldn't have been there in the first place." Is NOT an answer to turning such a completely blind eye to that reality.

But at the end of that day, is that really our problem? Would you send someone you love to die to keep the Kurds and Shi'ites from killing each other for another week? I wouldn't.

If these people are that determined to kill each other because Umar stole Omar's goat 100 years ago, there just ain't that much we can do about it, and we shouldn't get involved. It isn't worth American lives, which should be the first lives we should be concerned about.

If it were a natural disaster, yeah, send people in to help, absolutely.

But if the cultural dynamic is the problem and we can't change it, then we need a much better strategic reason for doing so.

Besides, it's all a moot point. They TOLD us to leave, and it's their country.

They told us to leave?

Give me the quotes!

But THANK YOU FOR PROVING ME RIGHT.

You don't give a damn how many people die. You don't even care.

It's not about those people's lives. It's about YOUR selfish hatred for Bush.

That's all it's about with you.

I want you people to remember this when you vote in 2012.

You want to leave the country in the hands of people so self obsessed?

2012 is coming. Remember and vote!

Yep. 2012 is almost here, and I surely will vots.

And we shall see won't we?

You don't think 2010 wasn't a warning shot across the bow?

Yes or no.

Um, er, what does that have to do with the OP?

It has to do with the idiot OP's fake concern over millions dying in foreign conflicts.

Oh, get this. My concern is "fake."

You lefties really know you are losing the debate on this, don't you?

Now you have to smear the op, because you know you can't defeat the op.

I find it interesting no liberal wants to discuss this.

Gee . . . I wonder why . . . .:eusa_whistle:
Yeah.....discussing History/politics, with Teabaggers, makes sooooooooooooooooo much sense.

handjob.gif

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKKKgua7wQk]SARAH PALIN BOOK SIGNING - Interviews with Supporters - YouTube[/ame]

eusa_doh.gif

Bullshit.

The Vietnamese fought the Chinese, Japanese, French and just about everyone else that tried to make them a colony.

They were never going to accept foreign rule.

Ever.

DOESN'T MATTER.

That isn't what this thread is about.

It's about how the US can't just up and leave after getting involved with a country.

It costs millions of lives.

And don't get on your high horse and tell me about how we shouldn't have gone to Iraq or Vietnam.

OBAMA IS DOING IT AGAIN WITH UGANDA AND I DON'T HEAR A SYLLABLE FROM YOU HYPOCRITICAL LIBS!
You should be raving against Bush you stupid bitch.

We can certainly leave a country that we never should have invaded before any more of our soldiers are killed.

Thank you for proving me right.

You don't care about the historical precedent.

You don't care that history teaches us what will happen if we just pull out of Iraq.

You don't care.

It's only about your irrational and narcissistic hatred of Bush.

That's all it's about with you.

Thank you for proving my point.

Yes or no.

The premise of your nonsensical argument is that the Cambodian genocide was our fault because once we're in a war somewhere, we can't just leave.

We weren't in Cambodia. We were in Vietnam. Your premise is shit.

Forum List

Back