Any of your liberal historical geniuses ever hear of the "Killing Fields?"

Also, in terms of full disclosure, we had a bit to do with that.

We overthrew the monarchy of NOrodom Sihanouk in favor of the Khmer Republic of Lon Nol, who turned out to be completely incapable of running the country. Then we bombed the snot out of the Eastern part of the country (trying to shut down the "ho chi Mihn Trail"), creating millions of refugees and making them ripe for recruitment by the Khmer Rogue and Pol Pot. The killing fields, as they say, where the rural people of the east avenging themselves on the Urban people in the west of the country.

Whenever people want to complain about some slaughter perpertrated by 'communists', they usually leave out that there were years of war preceeding these incidents that had dehumanized and bruatlized the people involved. Russia had a decade of war before the Stalin Purges. China had two decades of war before Mao did his shit. Life becomes cheap and bad things follow.

We are never that far from the savage, as much as we like to tell ourselves otherwise.

You guys are proving me right.

You just don't want to deal with the central point.

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHETHER YOU AGREE WITH VIETNAM OR IRAQ!

So, trying to change the subject to what America did wrong in EITHER Vietnam or Iraq ISN'T GOING TO GET AROUND THE 500 LB GORILLA IN THE ROOM.

Doesn't matter whether it was right or wrong.

What matters is WE ARE THERE, whether you like it or not.

And you can't just pull the rug out and leave!

Vietnam and Cambodia taught us what happens when you do.

And now Obama wishes to repeat that same collosal error that will likely kill more millions.

Notice NONE of you people on the left want to address that, BECAUSE YOU DON'T GIVE A DAMN HOW MANY IRAQIS WILL DIE.

All you care about is your hatred for Bush.

You really make it clear the narcissistic evil that lies at the central core of leftism.

I could tell people this is true of the left, but they would not believe me.

You lefties make the case for me. Thank you for your efforts.

After Tet, when we inflicted one of the worst military defeats on our enemy in the history of warfare, Cronkite and the LMSM called it for the NVA. That's what lost Vietnam for us. A LMSM sympathetic to people killing our soldiers.

Thankfully, I lived to see the destruction of the LMSM media monopoly.

Yes, I was happy to live to see that as well.

After Tet, when we inflicted one of the worst military defeats on our enemy in the history of warfare, Cronkite and the LMSM called it for the NVA. That's what lost Vietnam for us. A LMSM sympathetic to people killing our soldiers.

Bullshit.

The Vietnamese fought the Chinese, Japanese, French and just about everyone else that tried to make them a colony.

They were never going to accept foreign rule.

Ever.

They lost Tet

Stop deflecting.

Tet was a supreme US military victory! We totally crushed an enemy surprise attack and you guys called it for the North.

Does the OP then believe that over the past 20 years the US should have intervened in the Congo, in the Sudan, and in Rwanda,

at great cost and loss of American life, to try to militarily prevent the milliions of deaths that have in fact occurred in our absence?

Yes or no.

ANY gain we had hoped to have fighting terrorism in the ME, will be lost for GENERATIONS because of Obama's electorial narcissism.

It's crime against humanity.

It makes me as sick (no, sicker) as when Bush 41 just pulled out of Iraq after Gulf War I and left the Kurds to freeze and die in the mud.

One of the reaons I didn't vote for Bush 41 in '92.

I'm heart sick over the human suffering he has condemned so many people to in Iraq over this. I'm really am heart sick over it.

God help those people, because Obama sure won't.

But at the end of that day, is that really our problem? Would you send someone you love to die to keep the Kurds and Shi'ites from killing each other for another week? I wouldn't.

If these people are that determined to kill each other because Umar stole Omar's goat 100 years ago, there just ain't that much we can do about it, and we shouldn't get involved. It isn't worth American lives, which should be the first lives we should be concerned about.

If it were a natural disaster, yeah, send people in to help, absolutely.

But if the cultural dynamic is the problem and we can't change it, then we need a much better strategic reason for doing so.

Besides, it's all a moot point. They TOLD us to leave, and it's their country.

They told us to leave?

Give me the quotes!

But THANK YOU FOR PROVING ME RIGHT.

You don't give a damn how many people die. You don't even care.

It's not about those people's lives. It's about YOUR selfish hatred for Bush.

That's all it's about with you.

I want you people to remember this when you vote in 2012.

You want to leave the country in the hands of people so self obsessed?

2012 is coming. Remember and vote!

Does the OP then believe that over the past 20 years the US should have intervened in the Congo, in the Sudan, and in Rwanda,

at great cost and loss of American life, to try to militarily prevent the milliions of deaths that have in fact occurred in our absence?

Yes or no.

Um, er, what does that have to do with the OP?

Yes, I was happy to live to see that as well.

OK, you dumb fucks. How many times did the Brits inflict crushing defeats on the Irish? And how did that work out in the end? We got out of Vietnam because we could no longer afford a war that indenfsible militarily and economically. Refight it all you want, the facts are there for all to see.

Also, in terms of full disclosure, we had a bit to do with that.

We overthrew the monarchy of NOrodom Sihanouk in favor of the Khmer Republic of Lon Nol, who turned out to be completely incapable of running the country. Then we bombed the snot out of the Eastern part of the country (trying to shut down the "ho chi Mihn Trail"), creating millions of refugees and making them ripe for recruitment by the Khmer Rogue and Pol Pot. The killing fields, as they say, where the rural people of the east avenging themselves on the Urban people in the west of the country.

Whenever people want to complain about some slaughter perpertrated by 'communists', they usually leave out that there were years of war preceeding these incidents that had dehumanized and bruatlized the people involved. Russia had a decade of war before the Stalin Purges. China had two decades of war before Mao did his shit. Life becomes cheap and bad things follow.

We are never that far from the savage, as much as we like to tell ourselves otherwise.

You guys are proving me right.

You just don't want to deal with the central point.

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHETHER YOU AGREE WITH VIETNAM OR IRAQ!

So, trying to change the subject to what America did wrong in EITHER Vietnam or Iraq ISN'T GOING TO GET AROUND THE 500 LB GORILLA IN THE ROOM.

Doesn't matter whether it was right or wrong.

What matters is WE ARE THERE, whether you like it or not.

And you can't just pull the rug out and leave!

Vietnam and Cambodia taught us what happens when you do.

And now Obama wishes to repeat that same collosal error that will likely kill more millions.

Notice NONE of you people on the left want to address that, BECAUSE YOU DON'T GIVE A DAMN HOW MANY IRAQIS WILL DIE.

All you care about is your hatred for Bush.

You really make it clear the narcissistic evil that lies at the central core of leftism.

I could tell people this is true of the left, but they would not believe me.

You lefties make the case for me. Thank you for your efforts.
Hey, twit, why don't you risk your life and go over to Iraq to protect people from whatever?

Oh, of course you won't, you'd rather our soldiers die for that.

Bitch.

ANY gain we had hoped to have fighting terrorism in the ME, will be lost for GENERATIONS because of Obama's electorial narcissism.

It's crime against humanity.

It makes me as sick (no, sicker) as when Bush 41 just pulled out of Iraq after Gulf War I and left the Kurds to freeze and die in the mud.

One of the reaons I didn't vote for Bush 41 in '92.

I'm heart sick over the human suffering he has condemned so many people to in Iraq over this. I'm really am heart sick over it.

God help those people, because Obama sure won't.

But at the end of that day, is that really our problem? Would you send someone you love to die to keep the Kurds and Shi'ites from killing each other for another week? I wouldn't.

If these people are that determined to kill each other because Umar stole Omar's goat 100 years ago, there just ain't that much we can do about it, and we shouldn't get involved. It isn't worth American lives, which should be the first lives we should be concerned about.

If it were a natural disaster, yeah, send people in to help, absolutely.

But if the cultural dynamic is the problem and we can't change it, then we need a much better strategic reason for doing so.

Besides, it's all a moot point. They TOLD us to leave, and it's their country.

They told us to leave?

Give me the quotes!

But THANK YOU FOR PROVING ME RIGHT.

You don't give a damn how many people die. You don't even care.

It's not about those people's lives. It's about YOUR selfish hatred for Bush.

That's all it's about with you.

I want you people to remember this when you vote in 2012.

You want to leave the country in the hands of people so self obsessed?

2012 is coming. Remember and vote!

Yep. 2012 is almost here, and I surely will vots.

Yep.

The Khmer Rouge got started thanks to Nixon's secret bombing of Cambodia. And he initially supported them because they were against the North Vietnamese. Who, by the way, wound up taking them out.

Good job Tricky Dick. Good Job. :clap:

Wasn't Tricky Dick your hero Teapartysamurai?

Okay, I know you're stupid, but do you even KNOW why Nixon bombed Cambodia???

I mean, I bet you don't. I really bet you don't!

I bet you beleve Nixon did it because he was eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevil, because your teachers told you that's why he did it.

Pssst! Hey Genius! Nixon bombed Cambodia for the same reason Obama wanted to do the same to Pakistan! :eusa_shhh::eusa_shhh:

You ever heard of historical parallels?

Idiot!

I mean you lefties! Give you history books and all you do is chew the covers!

I mean I know I shouldn't call people names. I check my conscience on that all the time.

I'm not proud of it.

But I just so disheartened with what people call "intelligence" anymore, it's just more than I can take.

The older I get, the less I can suffer fools, gladly.

Sad, really.

I can't even put smilies in ths thead. It's too disheartening a subject.

Yes or no.

Um, er, what does that have to do with the OP?

It has to do with the idiot OP's fake concern over millions dying in foreign conflicts.

The atrocities of Pol Pot will pale beside what is going to happen in the middle east. The bloodbath now brewing in so many countries will make the Khymer Rouge a footnote.

It doesn't have anything to do with our pulling out either. We refuse to recognize the threat.

It HAS EVERYTHING to do with our pulling out.

It also has to do with us withdrawing aid to our allies like Mubarak for this "Arab Spring."

Does anyone remember the fall out of from our just pulling the rug out from under the Shah?

Yeah the Shah was not a nice guy, but does anyone think the Iranians have fared better under the Ayatollahs?????????

Bullshit.

The Vietnamese fought the Chinese, Japanese, French and just about everyone else that tried to make them a colony.

Ever.

DOESN'T MATTER.

That isn't what this thread is about.

It's about how the US can't just up and leave after getting involved with a country.

It costs millions of lives.

And don't get on your high horse and tell me about how we shouldn't have gone to Iraq or Vietnam.

OBAMA IS DOING IT AGAIN WITH UGANDA AND I DON'T HEAR A SYLLABLE FROM YOU HYPOCRITICAL LIBS!

So getting another another 50,000 Americans killed turning Cambodia into another Vietnam would have been a good thing?

How would that have worked, exactly?

Don't you get it??????????

What am I saying, of course you don't.

It doesn't matter whether you agree with Vietnam.

The fact was WE WERE THERE!

You can't just pull out and leave millions of people defenseless!

I mean we STILL have people in Germany.

I'm not saying that's right or wrong. I'M SAYING THAT'S THE REALITY!

That's the way foreign policy works, whether you like it or not (and trust me I don't)

It's just reality.

You can't just pull out.

It's not only a military disaster, it's a public relations disaster, it's a foreign policy disaster.

It's human casualty disaster.

Do you get or even CARE how many people are going to die, just to make you happy over your hatred for Bush?????????

I not only think you don't know how many people will die, I DON'T EVEN THINK YOU WOULD CARE HOW MANY PEOPLE WOULD DIE EVEN IF YOU DID KNOW.

All you freaking care about is your hatred for Bush.

You left disgust me to my very heart. You disgust me so, it even sickens my heart more.

How can we learn such horrible lessons in history as the killing fields of Cambodia JUST TO REPEAT IT AGAIN, because the left is too selfish and arrogant to learn from any of it's own mistakes???????

1. Do you understand that wars cost American lives and billions of dollars? Anyone ever mention that to you?

2. Why ARE we still in Germany and Japan, at great expense?

3. Barack Obama is carrying out the Bush plan for withdrawal from Iraq.

4. Nixon got us out of Vietnam. Take it up with his corpse if you think that was wrong.

Wrong.

We left Vietnam when the Democrat Congress took advantage of Nixon's Watergate problems to pull all future funding for Vietnam while.

Again, as I say it doesn't matter whether we should have gone to Vietnam, or Iraq.

What matters NOW is Vietnam is a lesson from history about what happens, when you just suddenly leave.

None of you libs want to address that because YOU DON'T CARE.

You don't care how many people will die.

You only care about your hatred for Bush and your support of Obama.

This thread, makes that quite clear.

Bullshit.

Ever.

DOESN'T MATTER.

That isn't what this thread is about.

It's about how the US can't just up and leave after getting involved with a country.

It costs millions of lives.

And don't get on your high horse and tell me about how we shouldn't have gone to Iraq or Vietnam.

OBAMA IS DOING IT AGAIN WITH UGANDA AND I DON'T HEAR A SYLLABLE FROM YOU HYPOCRITICAL LIBS!
You should be raving against Bush you stupid bitch.

We can certainly leave a country that we never should have invaded before any more of our soldiers are killed.

Whether you agree with Vietham or not, Vietnam left us with one very important historical lesson.

You can't just withdraw militarily from a country whether you agree with that war or not. To do so condemns not just hundreds but MILLIONS to their deaths.

Whether you agree with Steve Jobs or not , he left us with one very important historical lesson

The pancreatic cancer that killed Steve Jobs was discovered in 2004 when he was being checked for kidney stones. Biographer Walter Isaacson tells Steve Kroft that Jobs postponed a potentially life-saving operation--a decision he later regretted.

So cancerous tumors must be removed immediately if not sooner

Wow, they really are trying hard to change the subject, aren't they?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Why were we there in the first place? What was the justification, in terms of vital national security interests, for us to ever be in Vietnam?

See what I mean?

All they are going to do is argue why we shouldn't be in Vietnam blah blah blah.

IT DOESN'T MATTER.

What matters is you can't just LEAVE once you DO become involved in a country.

That is the subject one of you lefties want to address.

Forum List

Back