Any of you giving up anything for Lent? If you practice it

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
So lent is on Valentines this year, that's tomorrow Wednesday the 14th of Feb 2018.

I am not Catholic myself, but my wife is. As I do often with celebrations of all kinds of Faith whenever I am aware of there being a celebration or ritual, I will partake in this again this year.

I do give up the usual, winning the lottery, but that's a given. So this year I might refrain from drinking tea. I've been cutting down significantly in anticipation of this, so I hope to succeed.

Any of you participating and if so, what is the big self eliminating habit?

So lent is on Valentines this year, that's tomorrow Wednesday the 14th of Feb 2018.

I am not Catholic myself, but my wife is. As I do often with celebrations of all kinds of Faith whenever I am aware of there being a celebration or ritual, I will partake in this again this year.

I do give up the usual, winning the lottery, but that's a given. So this year I might refrain from drinking tea. I've been cutting down significantly in anticipation of this, so I hope to succeed.

Your wife is a Catholic? Then tell her to give up the missionary position, just this once. :biggrin:

I came up long ago with the idea of giving up Catholicism for Lent. Worked out so well I stayed with it.

It's brilliant. If you say you're giving up prunes they go "oh no, it has to be something you like". They can't say that about Catholicism without admitting it's unlikeable.

Anyway --- that's not until tomorrow. Today is Carnaval/Mardi Gras.

Your wife is a Catholic? Then tell her to give up the missionary position, just this once. :biggrin:

I hate to be the bearer of astounding news but "missionary position" is not a reference to one's employment. :uhh:

I'll be doing my version of a Lenten fast: no extras, that means no snacks, treat meals, wine, no meat on all Fridays, Ash Wednesday, Holy Thursday, Good Friday. (I refrain from eating meat on Fridays throughout the year.)

I plan to cut down on time spent doing nonessential computer activity -including visits to USMB- and spending that time in more virtuous activity. That is a habit I'd like to continue.

Forum List

Back