CDZ Any Instances Of USMB Posts From Russian Farms?

So maybe he was just THAT guy on the one issue or was paid by someone other than Russia to be that guy I suppose.

Why do you think that if a person writes from Russia, then they must pay him for his messages? :D

In Russia, a high level of Internetization - more than 70% of the population aged 16 and older are constantly using the Internet. This is 84 million people. Do you think it improbable that one of these 84 million will go to the American forums? :) Or do you think that Russia has 84 million paid Kremlin trolls? :D
No one is talking about Russian citizens who enter American forums as Russian citizens sharing their opinions. We are talking about professionals disguising themselves as Americans and throwing out mud to keep the internet wars at full tilt

That's what you think? The DNC/hillary / left does it to themselves

Bots tend to use the same argument when clearly they have been proven wrong. They just recycle to the original statement they made.

Bots tend to use the same argument when clearly they have been proven wrong. They just recycle to the original statement they made.
Just like lefties do, same thing over and over nothing original

Just like lefties do, same thing over and over nothing original
Just like righties do, same thing over and over ignoring hypcrisy ;)

Just had to be fair and balanced against a random....statement.

Any Instances Of USMB Posts From Russian Farms?

Surely you don't think this :desk: will be the response you get from any members are "Russian farm" propagandists. LOL

As for the question, I have no idea, but given the wealth of insipidity and sycophancy I see here, combined with the lack of cognitive and discursive concinnity, I'm obliged to hope that much of it is indeed the nefarious instigations of "Russian farm" provocateurs.

There was a bit on NPR about that first thing this morning. They were talking about "bots" that apparently auto respond in some way? We have lots of bots here--I was told they just look for words and phrases that they can use in search engines like Google. Are bots able to do other things as well?

You can see the amazing number of bots that crawl this site by going to the Members online section and clicking View all online. They are all just indexors of content OR they are "ranking this site" for personal interests of the members. The latter is becoming more popular in that advertisers use this to reach their client base. Mostly harmless and kinda funny because USMB comes back on the first page of a lot of searches using "wirty dords".

THESE supposed political bots are different. They are NOT member accounts. They are Ad Services that TARGET subscriber sites BECAUSE of their political interest. Its really a tempest in a teapot actually. From the actual testimony from FB and the Twit, it amounted to just a couple million "page views" and a grand total of some $140,000 or so was spent by some agency. Page VIEWS are not ad clicks. The ratio is somewhere around 1 in 10,000 page views/click with a WIDE variance by sites.. And these became yet another page border ad that everyone ignores. It's in the freaking noise level of the ad density that's common on USMB.

We ALSO now know from the Twit and FB, that immediately after the election, the SAME agency responsible for this "anti-Clinton ad buy" starting running exclusively content to smear the new Trump Admin. Which follows what I've claimed all along. That this Russian tactic is aimed at sowing Doubt, Fear, and Distrust of the whole American political institution. They don't really CARE who is in charge, they want to use our own fighting, division, and polarizing and just NUDGE us over the edge.

Like we did when the old Soviet Union was in political crisis. Ain't about favorites. It's about helping us DESTROY the US political system. THAT'S the goal. WE put ourselves into this weak and volatile position. They just can't resist paying us back..

The only "Russian trolls" I know of on this site were pushing rot from Alex Jones that was probably PLANTED by authentic Russian trolls. Unwitting accomplices.. Although Infowars and "Big Conspiracy" is big biz all year round --- every year.. Not just during election cycles.

The only "Russian trolls" I know of on this site were pushing rot from Alex Jones that was probably PLANTED by authentic Russian trolls. Unwitting accomplices.. Although Infowars and "Big Conspiracy" is big biz all year round --- every year.. Not just during election cycles.
The only "Russian trolls" I know of

I may be mistaken, but isn't a key aspect of being a "Russian Internet troll" (RIT) that readers of their prose don't know that they are reading the words of a RIT" There wouldn't be much point to being a RIT if one (one's organization/employer) weren't also pretty good at subterfuge.

Unwitting accomplices.

Perhaps, however, "unwitting" is merely a synonym for ignorant, and there's a very simple cure for ignorance: sound circumspection. One need not know whether an author is a RIT; one need only put in the effort to examine the details of the matters about which one reads/hears. For most people, people of average intelligence, doing so rigorously and consistently will pretty well mitigate the effectiveness of RIT propaganda.

There was a guy on here not long ago that was pushing all these stories from a site while also trying to sell t-shirts, and the guy was from Albania where the Russian troll farms come from.

There was a bit on NPR about that first thing this morning. They were talking about "bots" that apparently auto respond in some way? We have lots of bots here--I was told they just look for words and phrases that they can use in search engines like Google. Are bots able to do other things as well?

You can see the amazing number of bots that crawl this site by going to the Members online section and clicking View all online. They are all just indexors of content OR they are "ranking this site" for personal interests of the members. The latter is becoming more popular in that advertisers use this to reach their client base. Mostly harmless and kinda funny because USMB comes back on the first page of a lot of searches using "wirty dords".

THESE supposed political bots are different. They are NOT member accounts. They are Ad Services that TARGET subscriber sites BECAUSE of their political interest. Its really a tempest in a teapot actually. From the actual testimony from FB and the Twit, it amounted to just a couple million "page views" and a grand total of some $140,000 or so was spent by some agency. Page VIEWS are not ad clicks. The ratio is somewhere around 1 in 10,000 page views/click with a WIDE variance by sites.. And these became yet another page border ad that everyone ignores. It's in the freaking noise level of the ad density that's common on USMB.

We ALSO now know from the Twit and FB, that immediately after the election, the SAME agency responsible for this "anti-Clinton ad buy" starting running exclusively content to smear the new Trump Admin. Which follows what I've claimed all along. That this Russian tactic is aimed at sowing Doubt, Fear, and Distrust of the whole American political institution. They don't really CARE who is in charge, they want to use our own fighting, division, and polarizing and just NUDGE us over the edge.

Like we did when the old Soviet Union was in political crisis. Ain't about favorites. It's about helping us DESTROY the US political system. THAT'S the goal. WE put ourselves into this weak and volatile position. They just can't resist paying us back..
That this Russian tactic is aimed at sowing Doubt, Fear, and Distrust of the whole American political institution. They don't really CARE who is in charge, they want to use our own fighting, division, and polarizing and just NUDGE us over the edge.

What? Were my aim to sow discord, I'd sure care. To wit, I'd prefer to see elected leaders who knowingly or naively pander to and expound upon the divisive themes and conspiracy theories I'm pushing to foment animosity.

There was a guy on here not long ago that was pushing all these stories from a site while also trying to sell t-shirts, and the guy was from Albania where the Russian troll farms come from.

We have been invaded by a capitalist troll!

I think over in the badlands we have a gal rumored to have blogging site or something. She's never tried to sell me anything or even link me back to it though.

There are a few Russians on this forum, for example I'm a Russian from Eastern Ukraine. The reason I'm here is that Western Media keeps spreading a lot of lies about Ukraine, Russia and Russian President, painting Ukraine in white and Russia in black when it's actually vice versa. I'm just trying to bring a ray of truth to this forum for those who care. That's all.
Nyet. Nicevo!

That this Russian tactic is aimed at sowing Doubt, Fear, and Distrust of the whole American political institution. They don't really CARE who is in charge, they want to use our own fighting, division, and polarizing and just NUDGE us over the edge.

What? Were my aim to sow discord, I'd sure care. To wit, I'd prefer to see elected leaders who knowingly or naively pander to and expound upon the divisive themes and conspiracy theories I'm pushing to foment animosity.

You really think that the factors I mentioned would dissipate like a morning fog the moment Hillary Clinton became President? Not bloody likely. We PUT ourselves on that road to Doubt, Fear, Distrust and Division with hardly any help. Putin has never forgiven us for taking advantage of the Soviet Union when THEY were on the verge of complete institutional meltdown. Their aim is to destroy the whole system. NOT just any political persuasion or potential leadership..

The Kremlin was full of glee and laughter once our November ballot choices became clear.

They probably put too much cred in the INEVITABILITY of a Madame Prez. But after election day, it was back to sowing Doubt and Division over the validity of the election and piling on Trump..

I don't know about Russians but we certainly had some here being paid by the Hillary committee.

One extraordinarily long winded and pretentious of these is still here under a different name.

You really think that the factors I mentioned would dissipate like a morning fog the moment Hillary Clinton became President? Not bloody likely. We PUT ourselves on that road to Doubt, Fear, Distrust and Division with hardly any help. Putin has never forgiven us for taking advantage of the Soviet Union when THEY were on the verge of complete institutional meltdown. Their aim is to destroy the whole system. NOT just any political persuasion or potential leadership..

The Kremlin was full of glee and laughter once our November ballot choices became clear.

They probably put too much cred in the INEVITABILITY of a Madame Prez. But after election day, it was back to sowing Doubt and Division over the validity of the election and piling on Trump..
You really think that the factors I mentioned would dissipate like a morning fog the moment Hillary Clinton became President?

Holy "out of left field," Batman! WTF?

You really think that the factors I mentioned would dissipate like a morning fog the moment Hillary Clinton became President?

Completely responsive to your post. You said.....

I'd prefer to see elected leaders who knowingly or naively pander to and expound upon the divisive themes and conspiracy theories I'm pushing to foment animosity.

Aint no one with a huger history of scandal and stink. And her CURRENT baggage is still being unpacked daily on the evening news a full year after she lost the election. What with her "basket of deplorables" and slicing the dicing the country into competing camps, she tossed 1/2 of America into the "roadkill" category.

Think the Ruskies actually CARED which candidate "pandered to and expounded upon the divisive" ??? :lmao:

Oh yeah. That's right. You thought the storm would part and rainbows would flow out of everyone's ass the day after she was elected.. :rofl:

Wouldn't be substantially different from the "circling the drain" that the country is doing today..
ESPECIALLY with no real support from Congress and all the scandals that STILL are making news.

I'd prefer to see elected leaders who knowingly or naively pander to and expound upon the divisive themes and conspiracy theories I'm pushing to foment animosity.

Aint no one with a huger history of scandal and stink. And her CURRENT baggage is still being unpacked daily on the evening news a full year after she lost the election. What with her "basket of deplorables" and slicing the dicing the country into competing camps, she tossed 1/2 of America into the "roadkill" category.

Think the Ruskies actually CARED which candidate "pandered to and expounded upon the divisive" ??? :lmao:

Oh yeah. That's right. You thought the storm would part and rainbows would flow out of everyone's ass the day after she was elected.. :rofl:

Wouldn't be substantially different from the "circling the drain" that the country is doing today..
ESPECIALLY with no real support from Congress and all the scandals that STILL are making news.

Nice out of context quoting....I seriously don't know how someone as disingenuous as you managed to be chosen as a moderator here....What I wrote is this.
And I wrote that in response to this, emphasis, as shown by the emboldening, on the "they [Russian state officials who implement/support 'Russian troll' farms] don't care who is in charge":
It's one thing to say something inane in response to my remarks. It's wholly another to misrepresent/misquote what I wrote, casting it in a way that is contextually not remotely accurate. In light of your having been dishonorable enough to present my comments out of context, I'm kindly asking to from this point forward, simply refrain from responding to my posts or entreating me to any further discourse with you. I don't want to have a thing to do with you. I'd put you on ignore if I could and we wouldn't interact any more. I cannot do that, so I'm asking you politely and hoping you have the decency and maturity to honor the request.

Last edited:

Nice out of context quoting....I seriously don't know how someone as disingenuous as you managed to be chosen as a moderator here....What I wrote is this.
And I wrote that in response to this, emphasis, as shown by the emboldening, on the "they [Russian state officials who implement/support 'Russian troll' farms] don't care who is in charge":

So I was correct that you carefully crafted that response to ONLY apply to Trump. I just told you twice, it wouldn't have made a difference to the HAVOC that is reigning down on America.

. Just come out and say what you believe -- That if Hillary had been elected, we'd all be friends and talking about baseball again.

Just curious with all in the news right now. I haven't been part of every thread, heck, sometimes I take a few months off here and there.

Do we have any confirmed or strongly suspected instances of posts from Russia here?

From my experience there was a fellow I think from four or so years ago I always wondered about. He knew tons about Eastern European cars and wouldn't give a rational inch on some issues. BUT, I have no idea why with his point of view Putin would want pay him. So maybe he was just THAT guy on the one issue or was paid by someone other than Russia to be that guy I suppose.
I’m convinced at least 1/3 if these freaks are Russian hacks.

Forum List

Back