CDZ Explain the current scandal?

Toronado3800

Gold Member
Nov 15, 2009
Ah, let the cycle begin I suppose. Do I essentially have the facts below right according to most news sources?

Correct me where I'm wrong.

Papadopoulos confessed to talking to some Russian semi-official before working on the Trump campaign and thought he met Putin's niece but was wrong, and he did meet with a real Russian official?

Manafort worked for Russian loyalists in the Ukraine before and after semi-war in 2014. Then he is accused of not bringing himself to turn down a half million dollars a year from them after signing on with Trump? Seems like he picked the wrong side there and tells me he has no scruples. EDIT: He is also accused of being a white collar crook who does not support our flag, troops or anthem by money laundering to get out of paying his fair share of taxes.

Rick Gates did more or less the same thing as Manafort they claim but he is lower level? EDIT: He is also accused of being a white collar crook who does not support our flag, troops or anthem by money laundering to get out of paying his fair share of taxes.

Last edited:
Much more; Manafort and Gates face 12 indictments, basically, working for a foreign government, and money laundering, crimes against the United States, and other criminal conspiracies.

Much more; Manafort and Gates face 12 indictments, basically, working for a foreign government, and money laundering, crimes against the United States, and other criminal conspiracies.

Darn, I forgot the money laundering. I'll add that to the OP so everyone does not have to correct em. Thank you. Can you explain any of the others in more, simple details?

New Topics

Forum List

Back