Any board members enrolled in ACA yet?

My sons friend is a college student, makes 800 a month from a part time job, so he doesnt qualify for medicaid, he cant afford obama care either, He cant stay on his parents plan because his mom is dead and his dad is on SSDI...the poor kid will get slapped with a fine he cant afford. What a fucked up disaster.

That will be $95.00 out of his feeble part time tax refund.

My sons friend is a college student, makes 800 a month from a part time job, so he doesnt qualify for medicaid, he cant afford obama care either, He cant stay on his parents plan because his mom is dead and his dad is on SSDI...the poor kid will get slapped with a fine he cant afford. What a fucked up disaster.

You are a liar.

Impossible. Obama said when he campaigned there would be no fine for those who can't afford it. :smiliehug:

Tell your son's friend to enlist...or get into ROTC.

Impossible. Obama said when he campaigned there would be no fine for those who can't afford it. :smiliehug:

There isn't.

You are a liar.

Obama Fluffer sad what?

Code for:

Not even I as a far left Obama loving liberal would touch the thing with a one thousand foot pole.

/argument

It's not code.

What part of "If you have insurance, you can keep it" didn't you understand.

>>>>>>>>
I hope you had your fingers crossed when you typed that.

Yeah, there SHOULD have been a caveat when Barry opened his yap and made that declaration - because, in reality - he was correct.

If you can continue to AFFORD to keep your insurance you can keep it. If you can continue to pay your DOCTOR, you won't lose him.

If you are a member of CONGRESS or the PRESIDENT, have no fear!! You will be fine - we will pay you HUGE subsidies to pay for your insurance -or- if you are in the SENATE or hold the office of PRESIDENT - you will maintain your Cadillac coverage - no worries!!

I need some encouragement here.

I know two people who have enrolled.

One is from Oregon, the other Kentucky.

Oregon seems to be one of the best success stories to date. Very little trouble. I think it's because they started early. The most recent published figure this week shows 56,000 have enrolled there, cutting the state's uninsured by 10% in just 2 weeks.

The person I know out there is one of those folks with a pre-existing condition who previously was discriminated against because of it and could never get insurance. They figure to save over $5,000 a year now.

And then Kentucky is the other one, surprisingly. They have a Democratic Governor out there, and he gets overshadowed by Senate Minority Leader McConnell and junior Senator Rand Paul. Those two recently penned an op-ed together in Kentucky titled something like, "Kentuckians Are Not Buying Obamacare".

Of course, when Republicans speak these days, you really have to fact check them cause they'll say the darndest things.

Kentuckians ARE buying Obamacare. At one of the fastest rates per capita in the union. About 1,000 Kentuckians are signing up daily. Over 21,000 have enrolled.

Many people enrolling are Republicans and Independents who just couldn't get coverage before. The person I know out there is paying less than the person in Oregon, and I think it's because they're healthier along with the fact that there are different plans in either states with different methods of subsidizing some of them, which I'm still trying to wrap my head around. She's paying about $200 a month all told.

Here is a link to a site that is keeping track of sign-up numbers for the ACA. Affordable Care Act (aka Obamacare) Health Insurance Signup Chart

Here is a link to a site that is keeping track of sign-up numbers for the ACA. Affordable Care Act (aka Obamacare) Health Insurance Signup Chart

>>>>>>>>

Impressive!!!!

I currently have an employer plan that I pay $280 a month for the wife and I. I went on the Oregon ACA and a plan with the same deductible as I have now was #2000 a month for the wife and I. WOW! I want NO part of this Affordable plan.

Why should anyone sign up if they are healthy? Pay the $190. fine and if you get seriously sick sign up then. No penalty for per-existing conditions. Get the most expensive plan, cancel when you get well, Repeat as needed.

My employer provides insurance.

No need.

Code for:

Not even I as a far left Obama loving liberal would touch the thing with a one thousand foot pole.

/argument

It's not code.

What part of "If you have insurance, you can keep it" didn't you understand.

It's not code. It's English.

Learn it.

IF your employers insurance is good enough. We were told at work that our insurance passes the criteria needed to keep it and we won't have to go through the exchanges. We have 3 different plans that people can choose. It always goes up a little every year...and next month we find out about any changes and how much it's going up. If it's less than $10 like it usually is, no problem. But I hear horror stories of people premiums at work doubling or tripling because of the ACA.

So if your employers insurance doesn't cover everything it needs to according to Obamacare, then no, you won't be able to keep it.

Forum List

Back