Antonin Scalia: There Are 'Undoubtedly' Limits To 2nd Amendment Rights

24 seconds of a 10-15 minute interview? You so need to watch the rest. I'm guessing you'll be shocked.

Just prior to his saying, "...so yes there are some limitations that can be imposed. What they are will depend on what the society understood were reasonable limitations at the time. There were certain location limitations..." he spoke of some sort of 18th century battle axe which had been found unlawful to carry around simply to intimidate and scare people.
And just after the HuffPo cherry picked segment Scalia goes on to say that the decision will have to be made regarding things like hand held rocket launchers.

I saw the interview and thought he was great. Of course there has to be limitations. Judge Scalia was open and honest and an asset on the bench.

I couldn't agree more. It's troubling to consider Scalia ever leaving the court.
What an absolute class act.

2423835942_b7e04659a8.jpg

gun-cocks-n.jpg

mario-2nd-Amendment2.jpg

No one is trying to take away our muskets.

I think the first amendment should be limited to only Right wing people the left should just shut the fuck up.

^ this says it all..

And proves the two posts I put up.
You and others like you should be refrain from speaking. Me I have the teeth to support what I want to say.
Now if you have a gun you can too, but you want too restrict guns. Good luck with that.

Never needed a gun to make a point..ace.

Had a karate instructor that once told me..never pick up anything you can't eat. Because you might wind up eating it.

Words to live by.

^ this says it all..

And proves the two posts I put up.
You and others like you should be refrain from speaking. Me I have the teeth to support what I want to say.
Now if you have a gun you can too, but you want too restrict guns. Good luck with that.

Never needed a gun to make a point..ace.

Had a karate instructor that once told me..never pick up anything you can't eat. Because you might wind up eating it.

Words to live by.

You would if you protested the government and they started shooting live rounds into the crowd.

All I can say is liberal brainwashing is in full effect on some of the dumbest posters I've seen

By Jennifer Bendery

WASHINGTON -- Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia said Sunday that there are "undoubtedly" limits to a person's right to bear arms under the Second Amendment, but that future court cases will have to decide where to draw the line.

During an appearance on "Fox News Sunday," Scalia was asked whether lawmakers have the right to ban high-capacity gun magazines without violating a person's constitutional right to bear arms. The question comes less than two weeks after the Colorado shooting massacre that left 12 dead and dozens more injured -- and at a time when neither President Barack Obama nor Congress appear willing to touch the issue of gun control.

"We'll see," Scalia said, suggesting that future court cases will determine what limitations on modern-day weapons are permissible.

More: Antonin Scalia: There Are 'Undoubtedly' Limits To A Person's Right To Carry Guns (VIDEO)

"It will have to be decided in future cases," Scalia said on Fox News Sunday. But there were legal precedents from the days of the Founding Fathers that banned frightening weapons which a constitutional originalist like himself must recognize. There were also "locational limitations" on where weapons could be carried, the justice noted.

Yes there were locational limitations to keep recently free black slaves disarmed. But the 14th amendment took care of that. I fear that medication is fucking with the mind of justice Scalia
The second amendment is quite clear on the matter the right of the people shall not be infringed
And yes the whole people are the militia.

Your ignorance continues to be the greatest threat to Second Amendment rights.

"It will have to be decided in future cases," Scalia said on Fox News Sunday. But there were legal precedents from the days of the Founding Fathers that banned frightening weapons which a constitutional originalist like himself must recognize. There were also "locational limitations" on where weapons could be carried, the justice noted.

Yes there were locational limitations to keep recently free black slaves disarmed. But the 14th amendment took care of that. I fear that medication is fucking with the mind of justice Scalia
The second amendment is quite clear on the matter the right of the people shall not be infringed
And yes the whole people are the militia.

Your ignorance continues to be the greatest threat to Second Amendment rights.

Yes I realize you're a stupid son of a bitch but I guess others need proof. Thanks for sharing.

It is to be hoped there are no posters supporting the 'right' to possess the home made hand grenades found at the accused's residence.

If Scalia believes there are limits, imagine what the other justices may be thinking.

Exactly. You can't get further to the Right than Scalia. I've tried to think of a corollary on that is equally far to the Left and it would have to be someone left of Marx, like possibly Jesus.

The point is that civilians can no longer defend against the mightiest military in the world should it ever turn against them. Colonial days are over...

The point is that civilians can no longer defend against the mightiest military in the world should it ever turn against them. Colonial days are over...

head to head civilians would lose you would have to use gorilla warfare against a superior force hit an run

Crazy talk. Does your health care insurance cover brain IMplants?

Forum List

Back