Anti-Romney film.

Joe, your so desperate to see Mitt go down (which I don't judge you for) that your letting that desperation cloud your view of what conservatives should stand for.

Look into the records of Bain and see for yourself they were not only a net gain for most firms they delt with but there success rate far exceeded the success rate of new business start ups. The companies that Bain took over were going to collapse regardless without the risk of being taken over by Bain.

A simple analogy would be a person/s that buys up old delapidated property and changes it then sells it. House flipping.

Hate the man if you will but this venture is as American as it gets. Risk/reward

Joe isn't a conservative. Not even close.

Sounds like a leftist to me.:eusa_shifty:

Don't get me started ...

You don't know what venture capital is. You're just bashing on it because you hate Mormons and capitalism.

DO either have any real merits.

One is based on pious fraud, the other is based on insatiable greed.

Neither is admirable, niether is something I would want in a friend.

Let's forget about the pious garbage about how Capitalism works (when most of the rest of the world isn't anywhere near what we are in letting them abuse the rest of us). Is this an admirable trait in a person.

Would you want a friend who believed crazy nonsense?

Would you want a friend who spent his every waking moment thinking about how to screw people over to make more money?

Hell, no. You'd run away from those people as fast as you could.

So why in the Sky Pixie's name would you want that in a President?

Like I said, you have no idea what venture capital is if you have to ask "Does it have any real merits?"

You don't know what venture capital is. You're just bashing on it because you hate Mormons and capitalism.

DO either have any real merits.

One is based on pious fraud, the other is based on insatiable greed.

Neither is admirable, niether is something I would want in a friend.

Let's forget about the pious garbage about how Capitalism works (when most of the rest of the world isn't anywhere near what we are in letting them abuse the rest of us). Is this an admirable trait in a person.

Would you want a friend who believed crazy nonsense?

Would you want a friend who spent his every waking moment thinking about how to screw people over to make more money?

Hell, no. You'd run away from those people as fast as you could.

So why in the Sky Pixie's name would you want that in a President?

You are actually as stupid as rdean or truthmocker.

Just a few minutes into the film, as soon as I heard one ex-employee say UniMac was bought by Raytheon and said that was the same thing as Bain, my bullshit antenna went up. You have to be pretty damned dense to think a company as huge as Raytheon is owned by Bain Capital.

So I did a quick search around and: Gingrich's 'Bain bomb' fizzles

UniMac was a Marianna, Fla.-based laundry equipment manufacturer that had been around for more than 50 years. A former worker is quoted in the video as saying: "They pulled everybody together and told us we were being sold to Raytheon, which in turn turned out to be Bain." The worker adds that quality control was sacrificed, saying: "I just wish they'd left us alone in the early 90s... at the end they just decided to shut the doors."

The reality, however, is that Raytheon (RTN) and Bain weren't the same thing. And Bain wasn't involved in the early 1990s. Raytheon agreed to purchase UniMac in 1994, and later merged it into a broader commercial laundry unit that also included facilities in Wisconsin and Kentucky. Raytheon then sold that unit four years later to Bain Capital for $358 million, alongside another private equity firm.

Bain would then hold onto the company until December 2004, when it sold it to a Canadian pension system's private equity division for $450 million. The Florida plant and some others would close under the Canadian firm's stewardship, not under Bain's, in October 2005. Moreover, Romney left Bain Capital in 1999, although he retained a financial interest.

The UniMac section also quotes a NY Magazine story about Romney saying that his Bain colleagues had a "high disdain" for "sloppy" American workers. It insinuates that these were Romney's Bain Capital colleagues working on UniMac, but it actually referred to Bain & Co. consultants from decades earlier.

Read the whole article. It shatters Gingrich's marxist propaganda piece to smithereens.

By the way, Unimac is still around: http://www.unimac.com/

Last edited:
Wow, I think I'm holding up a mirror to you folks, and you all don't like what you see...

I guess I have just enough residual Catholicism to still realize greed is one of the seven deadly sins....

Romney was no longer at Bain Capital when it bought KB Toys.

The video discusses the DDI Corp., a printed circuit board maker that Bain first acquired (alongside several other PE firms) in 1996. It suggests that "Romney and Bain" began firing DDI employees just before taking it public, including 275 Colorado workers. Again, there is a timing problem. Those Colorado employees were let go in early 2000, after Romney left Bain. The IPO also occurred after Romney had left.

Gingrich's 'Bain bomb' fizzles - The Term Sheet: Fortune's deals blog Term Sheet

Wow, I think I'm holding up a mirror to you folks, and you all don't like what you see...

Joe, you're ridiculous, a buffoon, a clown..

I guess I have just enough residual Catholicism to still realize greed is one of the seven deadly sins....

Too bad you don't have enough residual intellect to grasp that voluntary trade of value for value is the way civilized men deal with one another.

Too bad you don't have enough residual intellect to grasp that voluntary trade of value for value is the way civilized men deal with one another.

Not seeing "voluntary trade"... I'm seeing people with money pushing around people without money.

An election is where they get to push back.

Not seeing "voluntary trade"... I'm seeing people with money pushing around people without money.

I'm honestly trying to understand where you're coming from here. I have money. Tell me, specifically, how am 'pushing around people without money'?

I'm honestly trying to understand where you're coming from here. I have money. Tell me, specifically, how am 'pushing around people without money'?

You have enough to do the shit Romney did?

You have enough to do the shit Romney did?

The amount of my wealth has nothing to do with the question. Maybe I've misinterpreted, but from what I've read of your posts here, you have a problem with wealthy individuals. Again, what is it specifically about someone of means that bothers you? In other words, what have wealthy people done to "push around people without money"?

If I'm wrong and you're simply complaining about something the Mitt Romney specifically did, then let's hear it. Specifically please.

I am complaining about what Mittens did personally...

I am also bothered by the culture of greed we have in this country...

Tell us specifically what Mitt did that offends you. I can't comment unless I know what it is that bothers you.

Given that America is and has traditionally been a hugely charitable society, I'm not sure what you mean by 'culture of greed'. I don't see our country that way. Again, if you'd like to offer a specific example, I'll comment.

Tell us specifically what Mitt did that offends you. I can't comment unless I know what it is that bothers you.

Given that America is and has traditionally been a hugely charitable society, I'm not sure what you mean by 'culture of greed'. I don't see our country that way. Again, if you'd like to offer a specific example, I'll comment.

I'm not going to unravel 7000 posts of discussion because you came in late.

Short version. Romney was born into wealth. He simply didn't need to loot AmPad or KG Toys or GS Steel to make money, put food on his table, or a roof over his head.

He did it for the pure joy of it, which is what makes him an evil person.

Now, frankly, you can rationalize what he did as being "Only business", but that ranks right up there with me along side "I was only following Orders".

Short version. Romney was born into wealth. He simply didn't need to loot AmPad or KG Toys or GS Steel to make money, put food on his table, or a roof over his head.

Now, frankly, you can rationalize what he did as being "Only business", but that ranks right up there with me along side "I was only following Orders".

Loot? That infers he stole something. If you own something, are you not entitled to sell it as you see fit? Are you suggesting government should be able to tell private citizens if and how they can dispose of their own assets?

Bain bought a controlling interest in those companies from its owners. I assure you if it made economic sense to continue the existing operations, they would have. That is certainly what Bain did for lots of other companies, many of whom now employ thousands of people. Not all operations work out, that's just the real world. What are you suggesting? That when a buyer of a company sees no competitive future, they should keep the operation afloat anyway? Or just walk away from the investment? What specifically would you have had them do?

And what difference does it make if a person is born wealthy? So what? Are they not supposed to work, to have a career, to attempt to increase their wealth? That makes no sense. Who is to decide who is wealthy enough?

Last edited:

You do realize he donated the money he inherited to charity right?

Romney reveals his debate card, says inheritance given away | Tales from the Trail

In fact, Romney gives quite alot to charity. And this is the huffington post saying it. Hardly a pro-Romney source.

Oh and for a greedy guy he sure works for cheap:

The businessman-turned-politician has also foregone payment for work he did as governor and as head of the Olympics.

As head of the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City, Romney took no salary for three years while donating $1 million to the games. Later, while he was entitled to $135,000 annually as governor of Massachusetts, he drew a salary of $1 a year for serving as the state's chief executive. And while he hasn't explicitly said so this time around, Romney vowed during his last campaign for the White House that, if elected, he would donate his $400,000 salary as president to charity

(tiresome excuses for Greed redacted.)

And what difference does it make if a person is born wealthy? So what? Are they not supposed to work, to have a career, to attempt to increase their wealth? That makes no sense. Who is to decide who is wealthy enough?

I don't know. Maybe someone should.

Because what I am seeing of the truly greedy is that the word "enough" isn't in their vocabulary. They'll keep looting the rest of us until an angry mob drags them off to a guillotine, and then wonder what they did wrong.

Greed. It's a sin.

(tiresome excuses for Greed redacted.)

I don't know. Maybe someone should.

Because what I am seeing of the truly greedy is that the word "enough" isn't in their vocabulary. They'll keep looting the rest of us until an angry mob drags them off to a guillotine, and then wonder what they did wrong.

Greed. It's a sin.

Again with the looting! One last time...and please, be specific, what did Bain take that didn't belong to them? If you can't answer that question, I don't know how you expect to be taken seriously.

Forum List

Back