Anti-Illegal Does Not Equate With Anti-Immigration

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Annie, Apr 1, 2006.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    One can be pro-immigration and anti-illegal immigrants.

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion...0,5758338.story?coll=la-news-comment-opinions

2. Emmett

Emmett Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +101
    And we thought all the white radical groups moving to Montana in the 70's and 80's were full of shit. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Personally I have nothing against people of Hispanic decent. I'm Irish! My folks came here too. Incidentally I admire Mexican families, their dedication to family and their determination. Most have a very strong work ethic. What's good for the goose however applies here. We allowed this to happen by doing nothing to prevent it. You know prevention / cure etc,....

A good point in the article Kathianne posted is how the influx of mexican labor will whore up the low end job market and thereby cause the furthur deterioration of wage value in low end labor. It will also suck down the wages of better jobs and the Dem's should certainly have an interest in that. Problem is, they are too worried about stirring the shitpot about every other no count news item to be concerned. Later they will blame the GOP. W is trying to work out a solution and getting very little help from either side actually. Both House and Senate Bills are so trashed up with crap attached to them that the problem is further magnified by procrastination.

Sooner or later we will run out of landscaping and chicken factory jobs to offer. At that point you will find yourself in competition against these folks for your job or the lesser job you have been forced to search for because your field has been infiltrated by all the government trained / educated aliens who are healthy, and have many children to support.

WAKE UP FOLKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It really is time to do something about this problem. Even granting amnesty NOW and revamping to allow NO further entry would be better than the track we are on.

WRITE YOUR CONGRESSMAN< WRITE YOUR SENATORS!!!!!!!!

LET THEM KNOW HOW YOU FEEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. ravx25

ravx25 Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Emmett, that all sounds well enough about contacting your congessman/woman but it wont' make a lick of difference. At this point it's all about politics and who gets the votes. It's sad but true.

Kathianne, that was a very eloquently stated post. I find it almost humorous how most of these protesters think its okay to demand rights for an illegal immigrant and say it's not rigt to call them criminals. Last I noticed, illegal generally means unlwful = criminal. I tend to be bit harsher in how I think it should be handled, but that's me. Something actively needs to be done and I think the minutemen down on the border are a start in the right direction. It's our country and we need to stand for what we believe in because our governement who is supposed to be our voice no longer is.

4. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I'm with Emmett on writing, calling, emailing your representatives, daily paper letters to ed or op-ed writing. Look around at some of the threads, several of us were discussing this today.

5. ravx25

ravx25 Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Why would you think that would make a difference anymore though? The House, Congress and president have their own agenda. The GOP and liberals would both handle this in a way they (and not the American people) see fit.

In the end, I just want to see them gone. If they truly want to be Americans, these people will make attempts to become American citizens the legal way.

6. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770

They do what they do because most of the time, we don't care. When we do, they act differently. Interest groups know they can't overcome true public pressure, we are not talking opinion polls.

7. Johnney

Johnney Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    yeah and the moons made of cheese too. how stupid do you have to be?

8. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    More of the same ilk:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12132529/#060403

9. manu1959

manu1959 Left Coast Isolationist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    can anyone tell me what other country in the world you can enter illegally and:

get a job
    get a drivers license
    get free medical care (emergency room)
    give birth in a hospital to create an american citizen
    get a public education
    get food stamps

and not pay taxes?