Anthony of "Opie and Anthony" fired for racist tweets

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gkdpzuOfAk]Insanely Racist Twitter Rant From Opie & Anthony Show Host - YouTube[/ame]

Cenk is a bitch.

From Management:"Those remarks and postings are abhorrent to SiriusXM, and his behavior is wholly inconsistent with what SiriusXM represents."

Bullshit!

I used to have SiriusXM and I KNOW they've aired worse shit than that.

Didn't he know that when attacked by a black person he was supposed to apologize for getting in their way and thank them.

From Management:"Those remarks and postings are abhorrent to SiriusXM, and his behavior is wholly inconsistent with what SiriusXM represents."

Bullshit!

I used to have SiriusXM and I KNOW they've aired worse shit than that.

Anthony is a racist. They make jokes about it on the air. SiriusXM made millions off the man until he became a liability. They don't see black and white. It's all about the green.

Didn't he know that when attacked by a black person he was supposed to apologize for getting in their way and thank them.

Anthony Cumia didn't get the memo. Would that make this incident SiriusXM's fault? :D

I can't wait to tune into his podcast next week. He has already promised to discuss the issue, and Anthony isn't one to shy away from controversy.

People lose their jobs over racist rants, it's been that way for awhile. Is it right or fair, I have no idea.

That said SiriusXM has every right as an employer to fire him, just as he has every right to quit if he wanted to.

Sent from my iPad using an Android.

People lose their jobs over racist rants, it's been that way for awhile. Is it right or fair, I have no idea.

That said SiriusXM has every right as an employer to fire him, just as he has every right to quit if he wanted to.

They certainly had a right to fire him, and fans have a right to disagree with their decision. They allowed him to be a racist on air for 10 years, but fired him over one incident.

They hired a duo who had been fired twice for other incidents. It's a show that thrives on controversy, and Sirius knew this.

They certainly had a right to fire him, and fans have a right to disagree with their decision. They allowed him to be a racist on air for 10 years, but fired him over one incident.

I never listened to them, I liked Mark and Brian out of KLOS in Los Angeles.

Seems crazy but the sensitivity issue is now playing heavy. I find it amusing though, SiriusXM airs Imus but now fires Anthony because of his tweets to a nappy...never mind, I might get banned. LOL!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxByAanKcZc]Anthony & Jimmy talk about black people and racism (Opie & Anthony) - YouTube[/ame]

Sirius made millions off this shit for over 10 years.

Im devastated by this news. Ive listened to every minute of every episode for well over 3 years. Anthony is one of the funniest fucking people alive and the Opie and Anthony show is the greatest show in the history of radio. I even put them above Howard Stern, who is also great.

Fuck SiriusXM. Subscription CANCELLED!

Never heard of the show, but it seems yet another livelihood is damaged/destroyed over PC BS. Sirius likely acted rashly here.

I do find Cenk to be a be a vile little turd when it comes to politics. :D

If the lady in question had approached Anthony and spoke in a civilized manner that she was offended by him taking a picture of her which is fair.

Instead she decided to act violently.

This is the way some people choose to deal with things.
And we end up with someone losing a job.

Imus is good friends with Opie and Anthony. You might want to tune into his show on Fox Business Channel. It might be interesting to see what he has to say about it having gone through the same kind of experience.

Forum List

Back