Fox News > Fair & Balanced

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
That's it! Fox News is Fair and Balanced. And this could be questioned. But by whom ? And how ? In what way ? ???????????

Please present evidence of whatever you present.

BALANCE means that there are liberals as well as conservatives on the Fox roster. And there are many liberals on Fox. With MSNBC, I can't recall a single conservative there since Pat Buchanan left. Joe Scarborough ? Don't make us laugh.

I asked for evidence in the OP. I should live up to my own expectations, shouldn't I ?

Liberals on Fox News roster >>

Bob Beckel, James Carville, Alan Colmes, Susan Estrich, Tamara Holder, Dennis Kucinich,

Leslie Marshall, Kirsten Powers, Geraldo Rivera, Julie Roginsky, Joe Trippi, Lis Wiehl, Juan Williams,

Lanny Davis, Doug Schoen, Geraldine Ferraro, Sally Kohn, etc.

How many liberals on Fox have their own show ?

I can think of two, right off the bat >> Geraldo Rivera and Shepard Smith.

That's a new twist on "Fair and Balanced"
I never thought in terms of employment, I thought in terms of presentation, which it obviously is not.

With liberals having their OWN SHOWS, that's not exactly "a single opposing voice up against three or four voices from the other side". I've seen Geraldo shows where there was a liberal invited to speak with NO conservative voice at all. On the Factor, Alan Colmes is invited with the conservative Monica Crowley. You could say that's still 2 conservatives against one liberal, but Colmes constantly interrupts and talks over the other 2. In the end, the talk time is about 50/50. On Hannity's show, when he has that bleachers thing, those seats a loaded with liberals.

Try to find anything even close to that on MSNBC.

I never thought in terms of employment, I thought in terms of presentation, which it obviously is not.

It is balanced in terms of presentation, because the presentation is liberals talking, as well as conservatives. On Fox, you have debates. On MSNBC, you have lectures.

It is balanced in terms of presentation, because the presentation is liberals talking, as well as conservatives. On Fox, you have debates. On MSNBC, you have lectures.

I gave up on MSNBC.
I consider a debate where each person can present more than 2.5 seconds of thought without interruption.
I know Fox has to cater for ratings but the ceaseless sub-three second interruption of Liberals does not a debate make.
I say if you know someone is wrong, let them make a fool of themselves, but Fox allows for nothing.
I would be happy to be a paid shill Liberal on Fox.

I gave up on MSNBC.
I consider a debate where each person can present more than 2.5 seconds of thought without interruption.
I know Fox has to cater for ratings but the ceaseless sub-three second interruption of Liberals does not a debate make.
I say if you know someone is wrong, let them make a fool of themselves, but Fox allows for nothing.

I watch Fox enough to know that Alan Colmes get more then his share of words in. 50%+ be assured. Same with Kirsten Powers and the always interrrupting Tamara Holder. And you think Geraldo Rivera and Shepard Smith don't have their say ? HA HA. They have their own SHOWS.

Last edited:

I gave up on MSNBC.

I watch Fox enough to know that Alan Colmes get more then his share of words in. 50%+ be assured. Same with Kirsten Powers and the always interrrupting Tamara Holder. And you think Geraldo Rivera and Shepard Smith don't have their say ? HA HA. They have their own SHOWS.

Alan Colmes NEVER got a chance to speak on Hannity & Colmes.

Kirsten Powers has been pretty Independent for years; in fact, I have no idea why ANYBODY considers her a Liberal.

Geraldo Rivera is a registered Republican who...
[] Believes in No Borders
[] Supports a Multi-Ligual Society
[] Supports Abortion
[] Supports Same Sex Marriage
[BINGO!] HATES Unions
He has his own two hour radio show in NY on WABC, THE Conservative Talk outlet DUE to his stance on Unions...
Which, of course, means that all Media Conservatives REALLY care about is CHEAP LABOR.

Shepard Smith is a Liberal...Are you smoking something today?
Being gay DOES NOT make one a Liberal.

I gave up on MSNBC.

Kirsten Powers has been pretty Independent for years; in fact, I have no idea why ANYBODY considers her a Liberal.

[] Supports Abortion
[BINGO!] HATES Unions
He has his own two hour radio show in NY on WABC, THE Conservative Talk outlet DUE to his stance on Unions...
Which, of course, means that all Media Conservatives REALLY care about is CHEAP LABOR.

1. Alan Colmes blabbers away on every show he's ever been on, including H & C.

2.. Because practically everything out of her mouth is liberal.

3. Your just gave 4 reasons why Geraldo is a liberl (and there's many more)

4. Being queer most certainly DOES make one a liberal. And there's nothing "gay" about it. Sad, really.

[] Supports Abortion
[BINGO!] HATES Unions

4. Being queer most certainly DOES make one a liberal. And there's nothing "gay" about it. Sad, really.

Wow. Simply wow.

[] Supports Abortion
[BINGO!] HATES Unions

Wow. Simply wow.

Wow, what ? I don't see anything so wow like.

Wow. Simply wow.

See my user name.
I agree with you on CTR's hypocrisy of Rivera.
The others...Wow. Simply wow.
Are you a true Tea Party type? Which I wouldn't mind.

Wow. Simply wow.

It somewhat is amazing how two people can look at the same facts and see totally different things. FOX dropped Colmes, but he was at least 40% of the prior show with Sean.

The really important thing is censored news, not bias. And FOX does censor some stories, yet touchs other censored stories like Benghazi.

Censored news is the norm. Egypt today, and last 4,000 years can a reporter say the leader is corrupt or stupid and get away with it? No, same in China, same in Russia. Uncensored news is rare.

In USA you can say Obama is stupid and corrupt, and some reporters do. But FOX and all the others will not touch the evidence in lets say the case that Obama's Draft Card was declared a poor amateur forgery by a 2,200 hour police investigation. Have you heard it anywhere on TV?

No, yet either Arpaio and 10 or so police investigators committed a felony conspiracy trying to frame Obama with false evidence, or Obama committed a felony by forging his card. That is big news, no need to decide which, either way big news.

And it is 100% censored on TV news for a year plus.

Anyone here no doubt we have a censored news media?

Wow. Simply wow.

It somewhat is amazing how two people can look at the same facts and see totally different things. FOX dropped Colmes, but he was at least 40% of the prior show with Sean.

The really important thing is censored news, not bias. And FOX does censor some stories, yet touchs other censored stories like Benghazi.

Censored news is the norm. Egypt today, and last 4,000 years can a reporter say the leader is corrupt or stupid and get away with it? No, same in China, same in Russia. Uncensored news is rare.

In USA you can say Obama is stupid and corrupt, and some reporters do. But FOX and all the others will not touch the evidence in lets say the case that Obama's Draft Card was declared a poor amateur forgery by a 2,200 hour police investigation. Have you heard it anywhere on TV?

No, yet either Arpaio and 10 or so police investigators committed a felony conspiracy trying to frame Obama with false evidence, or Obama committed a felony by forging his card. That is big news, no need to decide which, either way big news.

And it is 100% censored on TV news for a year plus.

Anyone here no doubt we have a censored news media?

Fox did not drop Colmes. He appears on various Fox shows, and appears regularly on the O'Reilly Factor with Monica Crowley.

Censorship in TV isn't the topic here. BALANCE is the topic. But I'll just say that Obama bashing is constant on Fox, just as Obama ass-kissing is the rule on MSNBC. OK. What else is new ?

I still think I've made my point though that Fox is far more fair, with much more balance than MSNBC, HLN, or CNN. CNN lost its balance credential when they dropped Lou Dobbs. No better way to balance a liberal-leaning network than with Lay Down the Law Lou. MSNBC has about as much balance as an avalanche.

Forum List

Back