Anthony of "Opie and Anthony" fired for racist tweets

If you assault a person by punching him ten times in the face, you're a savage. Civilized people don't do that.

Imus is good friends with Opie and Anthony. You might want to tune into his show on Fox Business Channel. It might be interesting to see what he has to say about it having gone through the same kind of experience.

I am also interested in hearing how the Ron and Fez show responds.
They are on Sirius/XM and are close to O&A.
They might just say a quick thing because they are under contract.
Imus who is not will have some freedom.

Im still in shock over this. This is a show I listen to everyday. Its like finding out that every tv show you watch all year long just got cancelled. I would trade Game of Thrones for the Opie and Anthony show, and I consider that the best show in the history of tv! Fucking shit!!! :mad:

Imus is good friends with Opie and Anthony. You might want to tune into his show on Fox Business Channel. It might be interesting to see what he has to say about it having gone through the same kind of experience.

I am also interested in hearing how the Ron and Fez show responds.
They are on Sirius/XM and are close to O&A.
They might just say a quick thing because they are under contract.
Imus who is not will have some freedom.

They havent responded yet on twitter. In fact the only friends of the show that responded on twitter, that I noticed as of yesterday, was Vos, Florentine and Colin.

Fez better tread lightly on this one, or the fans of O and A will destroy him. Hell, Ron will destroy Fez if he talks shit.

Are these the same dudes that got fired for claiming that a Mayor was dead and it turned out to be an April Fools joke?.........

Are these the same dudes that got fired for claiming that a Mayor was dead and it turned out to be an April Fools joke?.........

Yes, and they got in trouble for sending a couple to go have sex in a historic church in Boston. They dont really do stunts like that anymore though. They are more about discussing the latest shit in the news, and being funny while they do it. They are exceptionally good at that kind of stuff, and they dont have a ton of direction; they just go wherever the conversation takes them for 4 hours every day.

Last edited:
Fez better tread lightly on this one, or the fans of O and A will destroy him. Hell, Ron will destroy Fez if he talks shit.

I think Ron will talk about it then move on.
While they are good friends with O&A the show is having problems of it's own.
Fez's contract was only extended recently for 6 months and he has serious health issues.Ron and Fez's relationship is strained from what I have picked up.Plus Ron mentioned recently that they don't get along with management as it is.

I don't think Ron will get into it that much.

Last edited:
Maybe its just wishful thinking on my part, but Anthony deleted 6 months worth of tweets today, including the tweets everyone is talking about. I dont know why he would do that, unless he was making a deal or something? I dont know, im just grasping at straws at this point.

From Management:"Those remarks and postings are abhorrent to SiriusXM, and his behavior is wholly inconsistent with what SiriusXM represents."

Bullshit!

I used to have SiriusXM and I KNOW they've aired worse shit than that.

Anthony is a racist. They make jokes about it on the air. SiriusXM made millions off the man until he became a liability. They don't see black and white. It's all about the green.

Well, slime IS green.

Good riddance.

After spending a few hours today listening to how he treated people, I don't feel so bad about his current misfortune.

Yeah, he was a bastard for this video:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tqF3S9VPcg&list=PL097FA54446E814E2&index=34"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tqF3S9VPcg&list=PL097FA54446E814E2&index=34[/ame]

Cruel asshole. Playing with people's emotions like that.

Last edited:
They once had a caller think he won $100,000.00
The guy was understandably excited...
It went on for a few minutes..

Then they told him it was the candy bar.
It went down hill from there...

Eh, that's lowlife crap.

Knowing he's done things like that really deflates any feeling of indignance over his ass getting canned.

He qualifies as a raging troll when you consider the way he growls and screeches at opposing callers.

A hypersensitive faggot supports the firing, color me shocked.

I thought you were opposed to it?

Yes, I am opposed to it. You are the hypersensitive faggot that supports it. What's the issue here?

What's the deal, you proclaim you open homosexuality in one thread, and play dumb about in another?

This doesn't make any sense, 'opposed' to what?

There's nothing to be 'opposed' to.

Private employers are at liberty to terminate employment for any reason they decide, including racist remarks by employees.

What are you advocating, that it be made 'illegal' to for employers to fire employees for racist remarks, where the employer would be forced by government to rehire the employee, or refusing to do so the employer would be subject to fines or imprisonment?

Conservatives, always seeking to expand the size and authority of government at the expense of liberty.

This was a long time coming. These radio buffoons pull all sorts of crazy stunts to get fired. It was only a matter of time.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I thought you were opposed to it?

Yes, I am opposed to it. You are the hypersensitive faggot that supports it. What's the issue here?

What's the deal, you proclaim you open homosexuality in one thread, and play dumb about in another?

This doesn't make any sense, 'opposed' to what?

There's nothing to be 'opposed' to.

Private employers are at liberty to terminate employment for any reason they decide, including racist remarks by employees.

What are you advocating, that it be made 'illegal' to for employers to fire employees for racist remarks, where the employer would be forced by government to rehire the employee, or refusing to do so the employer would be subject to fines or imprisonment?

Conservatives, always seeking to expand the size and authority of government at the expense of liberty.
You have a narrow minded legalistic view of the matter.

I am not talking about laws, I am talking about a culture.

This may be too complicated for narrow minded fools like yourself to understand. You buy into the establishment line that, "you have free speech, but you have to deal with the consequences(meaning leftist media/social media, pressure groups, and the organized left wing victims groups online, calling for you to lose your livelihood if you deviate from the politically correct line), but you dont go to jail so its freedom". As I have said elsewhere, this is what makes the climate of censorship that the more insidious, because it isn't done by government, so the illusion of freedom exists. It is those with market clout, media clout, the illusion of majority opinion financially harming people who disagree with them. It may be legal, but I think it is unethical and immoral. You don't need government laws when you have a media and private groups/individuals willing to blackball individuals that don't tote the establishment line. In fact, it serves their purposes to create no such laws and continue on with the curretn arrangement. Sometimes the majority stands up, they did with Duck Dynasty, will see if Opie and Anthony Fans do here.

And the fact is, Anthony has said more racist things on air. what he tweeted wasn't even really racist, he just called someone a savage for attacking him(fair enough) and mentioned that black on white crime is covered up and not mentioned despite glaring stats to prove that point(that's true, and even if you want to debate the cause of those stats, the stats themselves aren't racist).

I oppose such a culture. What laws can be passed to prevent this? I am not calling for laws. I am calling for a paradigm shift in the culture where things like this don't occur. Probably a pipedream at this point, given perceived victimhood amongst minority groups is at an all time high along with the 24 hour news cycle and social media platforms open to any hypersensitive twit with a computer.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back