Anthony Bourdain, CNN host and celebrity chef, dead at 61

Caitlyn Jenner is extremely upset. Her favorite show is "parts unknown" :/
Unless a different celebrity had killed themselves...then that would be her “favorite “ show. Disingenuous moron.

I mostly enjoyed his shows, maybe not all his politics, overall I liked him.
RIP

I disagree.... he had an obviously strong/close relationship with his daughter and had many-many friends.
He has left his daughter...who will struggle with this for the rest of her life.

He wanted to kill himself.

It's a choice anyone of us can make

I agree it is a choice we can all make. It just saddens me when people see that as preferable. Unless they are suffering from some illness with no reasonable hope of recovery.

On the down side, it is a tragedy that a human being felt the need to kill themselves.

On the up swing though, if you are a Leftists and support euthanasia, there is one less carbon producing white devil running round.

He banned white people from a show in Houston Tx. Not sure why, but im sure it wasnt for good reasons.

Here is what I read about that -- A blog writer named Chris Baldwin dug up an old New Yorker interview with Bourdain to take issue with the fact that the chef and television personality wanted to showcase a Houston infrequently seen by the nation at large -- he focused on Vietnamese, African, Central American and Indian cuisine -- since I assume he felt those spots were not getting the exposure that the "white chefs" normally get -- thus banning white people or something.

I disagree.... he had an obviously strong/close relationship with his daughter and had many-many friends.
He has left his daughter...who will struggle with this for the rest of her life.

I agree it is a choice we can all make. It just saddens me when people see that as preferable. Unless they are suffering from some illness with no reasonable hope of recovery.
Homosexuality and drug addiction are illnesses with limited hope of recovery.

Especially if the homo or addict sees them as ideologies..which bourdain definitely did.

A.B. had a hole in his heart no amount of booze and drugs could ever fill.
When I saw his Seattle episode where he said: "Any self respecting person should know how to roll a joint" that was the end for me.
I posted on this forum asking him how old would his daughter need to be for him to teach her how to roll a joint?
He was a world class nihilist/narcissist asshole. Good riddance!
Every LIB in the country is weeping today.
Let them!

Homosexuality and drug addiction are illnesses with limited hope of recovery.

Especially if the homo or addict sees them as ideologies..which bourdain definitely did.

Drug addiction can be successfully treated. Homosexuality isn’t an illness according to medical professionals.

This is sad, the only 'celebrity' chef who really got to the heart of other cultures that you're just not going to get with a Guy Fieri or Bobby Flay. His show in Iran was fascinating showing the humanity of it's citizens and how they dealt with an oppressive regime. A standout episode that everyone should take the time to watch if they can.

Here are some clips of that show:

Anyway, I don't know what the specifics are with Bourdain and his apparent suicide, mental illness is a real thing, to feel that suicide is the only escape from crushing depression couldn't make that more obvious.

When I saw his Seattle episode where he said: "Any self respecting person should know how to roll a joint" that was the end for me.
I posted on this forum asking him how old would his daughter need to be for him to teach her how to roll a joint?
Let them!

You obviously know nothing about him.
He was not a liberal, as in in the American modern liberal of big-nanny government and regulate every move everyone ever makes. The guy didn't even believe in taxation, and more than once ran into a little trouble with the IRS.
He was a libertarian...basically categorically the opposite of a liberal.

Let them!

He was not a liberal, as in in the American modern liberal of big-nanny government and regulate every move everyone ever makes. The guy didn't even believe in taxation, and more than once ran into a little trouble with the IRS.

Not quite, not that it really matters but I don't think Bourdain is specifically libertarian either. He voted for Obama, not the libertarian for president, I doubt he was against things like the Civil Rights Act or was concerned about a progressive tax system.

Socially he appeared to lean left, fiscally I'm not sure, he was obviously against some regulations though not very specific. It'd be a stretch to call him a liberal, it'd be a stretch to box him into any political ideology.

Let them!

\Generally speaking, libertarians are just criminals.

And I never heard him say he was a libertarian. He was just a garden variety criminal/addict/sociopath.

I saw some film of him during a columbia cocaine burn..he was hysterical and definitely coked to the max. I'm surprised he made it this long..I expected him to keel over then.

\Generally speaking, libertarians are just criminals.

And I never heard him say he was a libertarian. He was just a garden variety criminal/addict/sociopath.

I saw some film of him during a columbia cocaine burn..he was hysterical and definitely coked to the max. I'm surprised he made it this long..I expected him to keel over then.
Well he famously said that he didn't think he'd make it to 30 so every year after that he considered a bonus round.

Bourdain was interesting when he was on the Travel Channel.
But, he was a typical anti-wasp Left Winger.

Forum List

Back