Antarctic Ice Increases over 43%

It's not a joke.

My brother died of cancer.

What kind?

Brain cancer.

While I sympathize with the issue of cancer - more than I wish I could, I must rebuke your personal use of it in this thread.

Brain cancer is not skin cancer.

And your ozone hole theory is in dispute as well - as it has fluctuated with openings and closings for some time.

And now we have the Obama administration considering actually dumping pollutants into the atmosphere to curb global warming.

Such is madness - sheer madness...

While I sympathize with the issue of cancer - more than I wish I could, I must rebuke your personal use of it in this thread.

Brain cancer is not skin cancer.

And your ozone hole theory is in dispute as well - as it has fluctuated with openings and closings for some time.

And now we have the Obama administration considering actually dumping pollutants into the atmosphere to curb global warming.

Such is madness - sheer madness...

Yes, you are mad. Cancer is not something to joke about.

The ozone hole is in dispute? Only in your mind....

Ozone depletion describes two distinct, but related observations: a slow, steady decline of about 4 percent per decade in the total volume of ozone in Earth's stratosphere (ozone layer) since the late 1970s, and a much larger, but seasonal, decrease in stratospheric ozone over Earth's polar regions during the same period. The latter phenomenon is commonly referred to as the ozone hole. In addition to this well-known stratospheric ozone depletion, there are also tropospheric ozone depletion events, which occur near the surface in polar regions during spring.

The detailed mechanism by which the polar ozone holes form is different from that for the mid-latitude thinning, but the most important process in both trends is catalytic destruction of ozone by atomic chlorine and bromine.[1] The main source of these halogen atoms in the stratosphere is photodissociation of chlorofluorocarbon (CFC) compounds, commonly called freons, and of bromofluorocarbon compounds known as halons. These compounds are transported into the stratosphere after being emitted at the surface.[2] Both ozone depletion mechanisms strengthened as emissions of CFCs and halons increased.

Ozone depletion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I will laugh my ass off when all these "green" actions destroy us ... but only because, we warned you. Environuts are more of a danger to the planet than ... well ... a nuclear winter would be.

I will laugh my ass off when all these "green" actions destroy us ... but only because, we warned you. Environuts are more of a danger to the planet than ... well ... a nuclear winter would be.

This is as sad and sick of a statement as Rush saying he hopes Obama fails. Being kind to the planet will ONLY help future generations not hurt them.

This is as sad and sick of a statement as Rush saying he hopes Obama fails. Being kind to the planet will ONLY help future generations not hurt them.

Once again liberals take Rush's statement out of context. If obama's policies were as far left...as they are, he hoped Obama would fail. I agree with that, I don't want the cap and trade. I don't want nationalized banks, or nationalized healthcare, etc. Please put it in context. I think everyone is on board to a sensible green planet. Not one that will bankrupt the country, and the individuals. Just sayin...

Attempting to deflect. No, it's realism, you won't listen to reason so what other option do we have other than to laugh when our predictions are right and yours are wrong. You have forced people to buy products only from the companies operated by the greenfundies, and use services offered by these same greenfundies while you blindly parrot the same flawed and limited data. When you offer no other choice, then you can expect no other reaction.

What is sad and sick is you speak of someone you do not listen to. Listen to him for a week and you will find no one loves america any more than Rush. I can take any three minutes of your posts and twist them in to a pile of incoherent vile that makes you look like the most vile person on the boards, care for an example.

I hope obama fails, as in he failed with the pirate hostage situation, he told the navy to stand down and he was going to show the world how he could talk the hostage free, unfortunately for obama, he failed, the captain jumped over board and the navy seal called obama for permission to jump. Thank god obama fails.

I hope the conservatives, not the repube-bicans take control of the house in two years and stops obamas policy of spending, giving obama another failure.

I hope he fails to tax the power plants and I hope he fails to tax the rich. you see my boss is rich and we most likely will not get our fat bonus if the boss is taxed so please I hope he fails.

I hope he fails in Iran for if anything has shown us appeasement does not work.

I hope going green fails for I do not want expensive electricity, southern california is raising its rates to buy windmills to meet californias mandatory 20% or so of energy they are dictating on the people.

What is sad and sick is you here your favorite statist or liberal or partisan democrat hack call Rush an evil right wing conservative, you go to mediamatters which hillary clinton says she started and is funded by george soros the rich european, you pick a clip, and make a determination without really listening to rush.

chris mentions ozone as taken from wikipedia but what he does not tell you that massive amounts of the same gases he describes are rising because of increased fiberglass demand due to massive amounts needed to make windmills.

the debate about climate is moot. we cannot change the climat, despite years of stude the scientists have proven the ozone comes and goes and they do not why, chris mentions a theory but theory is not fact, care me to argue the merits of his cut and paste wikipedia rant, rather silly to argue a theory, something that is not fact, rather stupid to argue a wikipedia post, you see, wikipedia can be changed at anytime by anyone so nothing in it can be accepted as debatable.

I dont care, I will take the position of another scientist, I will post a link latter, Bill Wattenburg. He will not debate global warming, He says you are right.

For this arguement I will say you are right, you are right the earth is getting warmer, and its the politicians like the dumb ass governor and the greenee meanees in sacramento are causing it. You see as they go green california has needed 1 gwh more of power every year, green energy is to weak to keep pace, so we have been building coal burning power plants to provide that energy.

Green will never keep up, not even with modest rises of increased power usage, which if you want jobs, you will need increases in power.

So you are killing yourselfs, do you like the amount of money in your pocket, with cap and trade corporations will pay the employees less, and you will have to pay more for electricity. Under obamas plans the price of cars are going up, think they cost too much now, you will pay more.

So keep your heads in the sand, pretty good chance us conservatives will save you. Conservatives are the biggest environmentalists.

I will be getting into it with all of you in the future, you describe the conservatives as the rich and powerful yet the democrats are the richest in congress and own 50% of all the corporations you think the the republicans own.

Big powerful democrat senators husbands make billions by moving corporations to china and you idiots blame rush and the conservatives

You pass off all these lies that you get from left wing media and you believe it as fact. You are useful idiots.

chris knows nothing about ozone, he is right though, ozone is not in dispute, the scientists do not dispute its not being depleted and they do not dispute they understand little about and they do not dispute the amount of pollution needlessly being created for the greenee meanees

Believe me, you are not my type.

Insults will be met with insults.

Actually I was dead serious. From my perspective there must be a hole in your head. The freakin globe is cooling, period. Face the facts. Join the 21st century already. That warming stuff is leftovers. Like Gore it is out of date man.

Sure, fellow, sure. Watch what happens in the next three years. If you are still on this forum, you will be reminded of your words.

Insults will be met with insults.

Actually I was dead serious. From my perspective there must be a hole in your head. The freakin globe is cooling, period. Face the facts. Join the 21st century already. That warming stuff is leftovers. Like Gore it is out of date man.

Sure, fellow, sure. Watch what happens in the next three years. If you are still on this forum, you will be reminded of your words.

I'll be looking forward to it. Cooling has just begun. The PDO alone is projected to cause 30 years worth of cooling. Now couple that with the the current "extended" solar minimum and you best be figuring out how to keep your sorry ass warm.

The PNW has had 2 unusually high snow pack winters (especially Mt Hood, while the snowiest place place on earth, Mt Baker WA has had sub par snow packs), could La Nina be playing a part in the increase?

Cherry picking data, here's 1979-2009 that shows only a 10% increase.

NSIDC BIST: Compare data: Sea Ice Index: Extent, Concentration, and Concentration Anomalies

Or change the dates from 1982 to 2007 and Antarctic ice decreases, you have to look at all the numbers and stop cherry picking.

NSIDC BIST: Compare data: Sea Ice Index: Extent, Concentration, and Concentration Anomalies

Does this mean that we are cooling that dramatically over the last two years in this region?

There is a hole in ozone in Antarctica.

This makes it colder there.

Our CFCs have made Antarctica colder.

You may have that backwards. Cold temperatures seem to encourage a bigger Ozone Hole clearing the way for the chemicals to do their dirty work.

It is strange that as the years tick by since reduction of sources of these chemicals, the hole continues to grow and shrink as it did before the reductions. The residence time in the air is pretty long, but still, you'd think that some improvement might be exhibited.

Ozone hole over Antarctica grows again | Environment | guardian.co.uk

Antarctic Ice has increased over 43% since 1980, while Arctic ice has only decreased approximately 7%.

Antarctic temperatures have fallen about 1 degree since the 1950's, with the coldest year being 2004.

And yet, the media is near-silent to these facts.

And the Global Warming Industrial Complex marches along - yearning for Cap N Trade legislation to make billions for a new elite Wall Street trading empire...

Brrrrrrrrrrr!

Who do you work for? No one could be so interested in disproving global warming like you do without an agenda. Sure there is the occasional neo-con moron but you are way out there on this issue. What gives you away is that there is no up side to your arguement. The only people that have anything to gain from your arguments are poluters.

Busted.

Antarctic Ice has increased over 43% since 1980, while Arctic ice has only decreased approximately 7%.

Antarctic temperatures have fallen about 1 degree since the 1950's, with the coldest year being 2004.

And yet, the media is near-silent to these facts.

And the Global Warming Industrial Complex marches along - yearning for Cap N Trade legislation to make billions for a new elite Wall Street trading empire...

Brrrrrrrrrrr!

Who do you work for? No one could be so interested in disproving global warming like you do without an agenda. Sure there is the occasional neo-con moron but you are way out there on this issue. What gives you away is that there is no up side to your arguement. The only people that have anything to gain from your arguments are poluters.

Busted.

No, you are looking at it from one side. The only people who profit from the global warming hoax are the few companies who own the rights to produce "green" products. The biggest problem with the hoax is that none of the products pushed by it, none of the services supported by the 'peer pressured' scientists are healthy for anyone or anything. At best these products and services are just slightly more expensive with no other flaws, most of them however are worse for out health and the environment while also over priced. Some cities are forcing this crap down our throats, resulting in no difference in the environment of the city while bleeding us dry. Recycling is one of the worst, it costs use millions per year with no production benefit (only producing 10% of the materials required for production), it's forced in many cities now who have had to create fines and change the rules frequently to "catch" people breaking these laws in order to keep paying for it. Also the recycling plants cause just as much pollution as others (in a few instances more). Seattle is the perfect example of what happens when "green" takes over.

Forum List

Back