Answers to all your questions on UHC

so who do you consider your fellow citizens?.....looking at your neo-leftist posts, i doubt that anyone who disagrees with you would fit the bill.....Pelosi is a Wingbat to you...

Thank you I consider that a genuine compliment, except that neo leftist is sorta meaningless. I thought I answered why UHC was not a loss of freedom but a gain. Guess this is over the heads of you wingnuts on the right.

"The basic test of freedom is perhaps less in what we are free to do than in what we are free not to do." Eric Hoffer

"Of all forms of government and society, those of free men and women are in many respects the most brittle. They give the fullest freedom for activities of private persons and groups who often identify their own interests, essentially selfish, with the general welfare." Dorothy Thompson

There are no saints, but concern and empathy, and that great America spirit are all missing in this picture of oh, 'this is hard', 'this is costly,' 'we can't do this!' Bah humbug, we can do it, we will do it.

I put in bold my last line as it answers the few meaningless quibbles from the peanut gallery of the ME FIRST generation.

I love the 'cradle to grave' nonsense of wingnuts, I wonder if heart surgery were required would they perform it on themselves. Everyone who says this was surely taken care of by someone, grew up supported by others, was taught by others, and probably (if not still with mommy and daddy) helped along the way by still others. See my http://www.usmessageboard.com/economy/50564-libertarianism-in-a-nutshell-ii.html

So since we as citizens, who live in a democratic society, that does what all societies have done since the beginning of time, that is, support its citizens through its unified strengths, it is long past time for UHC.

Fixed it for ya.

No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when knowledge is diffused and Virtue is preserved. On the Contrary, when People are universally ignorant, and debauched in their Manners, they will sink under their own weight without the Aid of foreign Invaders.
Samuel Adams,

Bingo! Imagine how foreign invader wannabes are viewing all these 'ignorant and mannerless' idiots screaming like mad barbarians! How many are wondering just how weak the United States has become? When they see this kind of chaos, why would even allied nations follow our lead on ANYTHING?

I can hardly wait for all these right wing nuts turn 65 and rush to sign up for Medicare.

Every industrialized nation in the world has a national healthcare system except for us, and they pay HALF per capita what we pay for healthcare. Why? Because a for profit system is set up to screw the consumer. All these dumbass Republicans are crying about liberty, while they are actually just shills for greedy corporations who make money off of sick people. It's hysterical.

Last edited:
I have a question: If Obama is pushing this because he "cares" about us citizens, then what proof do you have that he isn't lying?

Thank you I consider that a genuine compliment, except that neo leftist is sorta meaningless. I thought I answered why UHC was not a loss of freedom but a gain. Guess this is over the heads of you wingnuts on the right.

im a wingnut.....:cuckoo:.....90% of the people in this country, compared to your narrowmindness, are "WINGNUTS" dipshit.....people like you and your Neo-Leftist ilk...along with those of the other extreme are the reason this country is sliding down the shithole....all of you should be rounded up and exiled to Greenland....and left to your own devices,you deserve each other....

I can hardly wait for all these right wing nuts turn 65 and rush to sign up for Medicare.

Every industrialized nation in the world has a national healthcare system except for us, and they pay HALF per capita what we pay for healthcare. Why? Because a for profit system is set up to screw the consumer. All these dumbass Republicans are crying about liberty, while they are actually just shills for greedy corporations who make money off of sick people. It's hysterical.

like Elvis says.....your a daft ****.....

As if the govenment has unlimited funds. Oh wait. You are a democratic you actually believe the government has unlimited funds.

The European experience is that all you do is put the govenment in charge of who lives and who dies and of what.

I have a question: If Obama is pushing this because he "cares" about us citizens, then what proof do you have that he isn't lying?

Do you know anything about Obama's life story?

It's all just media hype, what is the proof that he actually cares about us citizens?

What policies has he passed in the past which have proven beneficial to us?

For someone who fought as hard as he did to win the presidency, I seriousy doubt that he's putting it all on the line over something he KNEW from the outset would be unpopular with certain groups. You can call him anything you wish, but Obama is not a liar. I saw somewhere (it may be posted on his website) that he gets thousands of emails and personal letters every day of stories about poor health care experienced by Americans. He represents those people too, Kit, not just those who are fortunate enough to have no worries over where and how their health care will be delivered.

Do you know anything about Obama's life story?

It's all just media hype, what is the proof that he actually cares about us citizens?

What policies has he passed in the past which have proven beneficial to us?

Organizing for America | BarackObama.com

Were you asleep? All of this was thoroughly discussed during the campaign when the allegations of "no experience," and "voting not present" blah blah blah were flying all over the Internet.

im a wingnut.....:cuckoo:.....90% of the people in this country, compared to your narrowmindness, are "WINGNUTS" dipshit.....people like you and your Neo-Leftist ilk...along with those of the other extreme are the reason this country is sliding down the shithole....all of you should be rounded up and exiled to Greenland....and left to your own devices,you deserve each other....

Interesting...here I thought it was the "new" conservatives who wanted their "independence" from the country. Secession anybody?

This debate is getting old very quickly. Those on the right have the same answers and those on the left have the same answers, over and over again. The bottom line is that we are paying way too much for healthcare, and with the costs continuing to spiral out of control, healthcare will break us in the end. Until there is serious discussion about how to reduce costs, nothing will change. Those on the right will defend our current system until it bankrupts everyone including themselves. Those on the left will demand a one payer system regardless of how ineffective it may actually be when it comes to providing healthcare.

No matter what, the way we are headed is going to lead us to rationed care. Unless we find a way to reduce costs, we're all going to pay the price. In the meantime though, please keep arguing your political ideology rather than tackling the problem in an intelligent manner.

Did the radio receiver in your head get that nugget of information from wingnut land, or did your empty head come up with it all on its own?

"The unity of Government, which constitutes you one people, is also now dear to you. It is justly so; for it is a main pillar in the edifice of your real independence, the support of your tranquillity at home, your peace abroad; of your safety; of your prosperity; of that very Liberty, which you so highly prize. But as it is easy to foresee, that, from different causes and from different quarters, much pains will be taken, many artifices employed, to weaken in your minds the conviction of this truth; as this is the point in your political fortress against which the batteries of internal and external enemies will be most constantly and actively (though often covertly and insidiously) directed, it is of infinite moment, that you should properly estimate the immense value of your national Union to your collective and individual happiness; that you should cherish a cordial, habitual, and immovable attachment to it; accustoming yourselves to think and speak of it as of the Palladium of your political safety and prosperity; watching for its preservation with jealous anxiety; discountenancing whatever may suggest even a suspicion, that it can in any event be abandoned; and indignantly frowning upon the first dawning of every attempt to alienate any portion of our country from the rest, or to enfeeble the sacred ties which now link together the various parts."

Quote DB :: Speeches :: George Washington :: George Washington's Farewell Address Speech

quoting Washington wont work for you Midcant....you dont believe what this says anyway....and if you dont believe me...go read your Neo-Leftist Bullshit....George would throw up if he knew you were quoting what he had to say....

I think it might behoove us to assume that George Washington can speak for himself.

Now unless you're channeling his ghost, you'll excuse us if we don't think you're the guy to tell us what George Washington would think of the current situtation won't you, Harry?

Midcan there is no such thing as universal healthcare anywhere on this damn planet. The Euros lie. You get care in euro land provided you aren't too old or you are born with some medical condition that makes you not worth the cost of caring for you. The system we have now works just fine for ninety-five percent of the US population. Obama care will give us a system that works just fine for almost nobody.

Oh and according to the CBO neither the senate or the House current plan is going to cover everyone either. So take your horse crap to people who are so ignorant they might even believe that crap.

And Corporations have plenty of incentive to keep you alive. Dead men don't pay bills. Government on the other hand has all the incentive in the world to let you die because under your dream system they pay all the bills.

I think it might behoove us to assume that George Washington can speak for himself.

Now unless you're channeling his ghost, you'll excuse us if we don't think you're the guy to tell us what George Washington would think of the current situtation won't you, Harry?

what George would think of whats happening today is different then what he would think a neo-leftist lunatic like Midcant has to say.... George was for Americans coming together to face the problem at hand....Midcant cant see past his FAR Neo-Leftist bullshit....which means he only sees assholes like himself as Americans....he has nothing but contempt and hatred toward ANYONE to his right.....as a matter of fact he is just like those on the Far Right.... he hates anyone not like him, only he is on the other side....and anyone here who doesnt see that in his posts must be just like him....

Well, just off the top of My head.....

When I purchase health insurance or get it through My employer (I have the option to turn it down) I am making the choice of what kind of care I will have access too. That is called personal liberty. The current plan, as it is written, requires everyone to have some form of health care or they will be fined. Since the government plan will be the one that everyone will have to look to, we will not have any choices in how we wish to be covered or if we chose not to be covered at all.

I was at the airport and SR-CNN was airing a special on UHC and the main panelist was saying that a person is just plain selfish if they chose to go uninsured. If you take that kind of logic to its 'logical' ending, anything we chose on our own is considered selfish. So, that begs the question. Is that just an opening for the curtailing of other liberties?

As if the govenment has unlimited funds. Oh wait. You are a democratic you actually believe the government has unlimited funds.

The European experience is that all you do is put the govenment in charge of who lives and who dies and of what.

More silliness....

No one is going to outlaw private insurance.

It's called a government option for a reason.

But thanks for misrepresenting the truth. It's what you do.

Forum List

Back