Another Victim Of Obama's Failed Foreign Policy

The Rabbi

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2009
Nashville
AP sources: US Mideast envoy plans to resign - Yahoo! News

WASHINGTON – The Obama administration's special Mideast envoy, former Sen. George Mitchell, is resigning after more than two largely fruitless years of trying to press Israel and the Palestinians into peace talks, U.S. officials said Friday.

The White House is expected to announce that the veteran mediator and broker of the Northern Ireland peace accord is stepping down for personal reasons, the officials told The Associated Press. The officials spoke on condition of anonymity ahead of an afternoon announcement that will follow a White House meeting between Mitchell and President Barack Obama.

Like anyone expected any different outcome.

Ah yes poor poor, ah, um, what's the victims name again?

Victim to the stalled negotiations between Israelis and Palestinians that the Obama Adminitration caused?

Obama learns slow. We got him to shoot Osama, now we need to get him to pretend to be Arafat. No small task.

As long as Hamas and Hezbullah are in the picture there will never be a peace brokered between Isreal and Palestine.

Won't make any difference who's in the WH.

As long as Hamas and Hezbullah are in the picture there will never be a peace brokered between Isreal and Palestine.

As long as Israel and Palestine exists there will never be peace between Israel and Palestine.

Don't read into that, I'm not saying I don't want either to exist, just saying they're deep seeded religion-based hatred will exist until the end of time.

As long as Israel and Palestine exists there will never be peace between Israel and Palestine.

Don't read into that, I'm not saying I don't want either to exist, just saying they're deep seeded religion-based hatred will exist until the end of time.

As of 2008, Arab citizens of Israel comprise just over 20% of the country's total population. About 82.6% of the Arab population in Israel is Sunni Muslim (with a very small minority of Shia), another 9% is Druze, and around 9% is Christian (mostly Eastern Orthodox and Catholic denominations).

Perhaps you can tell me how many Jews live in territory controlled by Hamas and the PLO.

As of 2008, Arab citizens of Israel comprise just over 20% of the country's total population. About 82.6% of the Arab population in Israel is Sunni Muslim (with a very small minority of Shia), another 9% is Druze, and around 9% is Christian (mostly Eastern Orthodox and Catholic denominations).

Perhaps you can tell me how many Jews live in territory controlled by Hamas and the PLO.

I read someplace that there are about 3000 and there are more who live in Israel trying to move to Palestine.

RAMALLAH, (PIC)-- Archbishop, Atallah Hanna, chief of Sebastian Roman Orthodox bishops, warned of the Israeli occupation's scheme of turning the Palestinian-Israeli conflict into a religious one.

He was quoted by the Quds Press as saying that the Palestinian people are not in conflict with the Jews for being Jews but are resisting Zionists who exploit religion for political, racist, and inhuman ends in violation of the tolerant heavenly religions.

Hanna warns of Israeli scheme to turn conflict into religious one

WASHINGTON – The Obama administration's special Mideast envoy, former Sen. George Mitchell, is resigning after more than two largely fruitless years of trying to press Israel and the Palestinians into peace talks, U.S. officials said Friday.

The White House is expected to announce that the veteran mediator and broker of the Northern Ireland peace accord is stepping down for personal reasons, the officials told The Associated Press. The officials spoke on condition of anonymity ahead of an afternoon announcement that will follow a White House meeting between Mitchell and President Barack Obama.

He has been there for two years and has not talked to the Palestinian government. How can anyone expect any progress?

He has been there for two years and has not talked to the Palestinian government. How can anyone expect any progress?

Once again you lie.
Since his appointment, Mitchell, 77, has spent much of his time shuttling between the Israelis, Palestinians and friendly Arab states in a bid to restart long-stalled peace talks that would create an independent Palestinian state. But in recent months, particularly after the upheaval in Arab countries that ousted longtime U.S. ally and key peace partner Hosni Mubarak from power in Egypt, his activity had slowed markedly.

Another Victim Of Obama's Failed Foreign Policy

"President Barack Obama's approval rating has hit its highest point in two years - 60 percent - and more than half of Americans now say he deserves to be re-elected, according to an Associated Press-GfK poll taken after U.S. forces killed al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden.

In worrisome signs for Republicans, the president's standing improved not just on foreign policy but also on the economy, and independent Americans - a key voting bloc in the November 2012 presidential election - caused the overall uptick in support by sliding back to Obama after fleeing for much of the past two years."

:lol:

Once again you lie.
Since his appointment, Mitchell, 77, has spent much of his time shuttling between the Israelis, Palestinians and friendly Arab states in a bid to restart long-stalled peace talks that would create an independent Palestinian state. But in recent months, particularly after the upheaval in Arab countries that ousted longtime U.S. ally and key peace partner Hosni Mubarak from power in Egypt, his activity had slowed markedly.

Not really. He has talked to some Palestinians but never anyone in the government.

nice try!

senator mitchell said when he took the job, it was for 2 years.... it's been 2 years.....

he's like 77 yrs old

The Jews and the Palestinians still can't get along? Shocking.

This is Obama's fault how?

Yes this seems to be a partisan stretch (or deflection?) to find fault with the Obama Administration whose serious failings are rooted in the ballooning national debt (declining value of the dollar), unemployment, and illegal immigration.

Forum List

Back