Another school district ditches honors classes in the name of ‘equity and inclusion’

Programs and courses such as those for honors kids are “’almost always’ made up of ‘middle- and upper-class kids whose parents have had them tutored for who knows how many years,'” Katz said. She added that teachers should be teaching to students’ ability levels so that those “of different abilities can work on the same assignment but with more advanced inquiry for some.”

@@@@@@@@@@

Translation:

The left wants all children held to the same low glass ceiling
I'm a teacher and I don't want what you are telling me I want.
Get involved, be a problem solver instead of just constantly bitching.

I'm a teacher and I don't want what you are telling me I want.
Get involved, be a problem solver instead of just constantly bitching.
Okay, so share your experience. How do pupils now differ from the pupils of 20-30 years back period (or how long you have been teaching). How has their educational level changed?

Okay, so share your experience. How do pupils now differ from the pupils of 20-30 years back period (or how long you have been teaching). How has their educational level changed?
I honestly feel like I’m wasting my time with you because you will just attack anything I say. So give me a chance and I’ll give you a chance.

I honestly feel like I’m wasting my time with you because you will just attack anything I say. So give me a chance and I’ll give you a chance.
Why should I attack what you say? I am really interested in your answer. Though, it is your right to give an answer or refuse.

Why should I attack what you say? I am really interested in your answer. Though, it is your right to give an answer or refuse.
I will give a transparent answer and tell you the experience at my school

I’ve been through this before and EVERY hater has called me a liar.

Ask me a question.
Let’s start there.
I taught HS for 20 years
Currently teach MS for the past 16 years
Plus I’ve taught in an after school program where dropouts can retrieve credit or get their GED.

Your turn.

Ask me a question.
Let’s start there.
I taught HS for 20 years
Plus I’ve taught in an after school program where dropouts can retrieve credit or get their GED.

Your turn.
Well, I will ask a question which I asked in my previous post. From your experience, how has an educational level changed in the last 30 years? By this I mean a number of pupils who successfully follow the program; the desire to learn something; overall level of curriculum (it became easier or more complicated or remained the same).

In the mean time China continues to foster greater and greater privileges for those students who excel and they are producing a massive crop of little geniuses. We don't deserve to survive at this rate.

JO
In College, the Student Lives Like a Child. So He Graduates With the Mind of a Child.

College is work without pay. That is the biggest insult to intelligence ever.

Gifted kids should absolutely be taught in a different location...frankly it's the gifted ones who do well remotely too..... trying to suppress them is a criminal action of the egalitarian zombies who resemble the cast and crew of the walking dead. These kids are the future..... they are the cure for cancer, they are the gateway to speed of light travel, they are the creators of hydrcarbon free energy sources that are cheap and renewable......
College Is Real Slavery; That Other Slavery Was Justified Punishment

Any country that pays students for their grades will dominate this century's world economy.

Well, I will ask a question which I asked in my previous post. From your experience, how has an educational level changed in the last 30 years? By this I mean a number of pupils who successfully follow the program; the desire to learn something; overall level of curriculum (it became easier or more complicated or remained the same).
I started out teaching in the CA school system
Large Hs in 1985 with 2500 9-12 Students
Same system that schooled Kevin McCarthy. Though he was not a student of mine.

It was my beginning in Education
Bakersfield is pretty diverse but still over 50% White.

Those kids were successful
Great programs
I taught Geometry and Algebra 2
Most kids were successful and learned and passed. Of course there was the occasional numb nut that just flunked.
I taught HS math in Bakersfield for 5 years.

I also coached Baseball. Very talented.
I found math parents very supporting and appreciative.
I found baseball parents supportive (80%) and the rest as under achieving athletes living vicariously through their young child.

I started out teaching in the CA school system
Large Hs in 1985 with 2500 9-12 Students
Same system that schooled Kevin McCarthy. Though he was not a student of mine.

It was my beginning in Education
Bakersfield is pretty diverse but still over 50% White.

Those kids were successful
Great programs
I taught Geometry and Algebra 2
Most kids were successful and learned and passed. Of course there was the occasional numb nut that just flunked.
I taught HS math in Bakersfield for 5 years.

I also coached Baseball. Very talented.
I found math parents very supporting and appreciative.
I found baseball parents supportive (80%) and the rest as under achieving athletes living vicariously through their young child.
That all was in the past? Can this be said being the same in the current times?

That all was in the past? Can this be said being the same in the current times?
Patience
Do you want small pieces at a time
Or
One long post which will take hours to type.

Ask me a question.
Let’s start there.
I taught HS for 20 years

Your turn.
Intelligent people wouldn't need a "teacher" to for credits or a GED.....they would be able to self educate. So we can assume that your students are of below intelligence----

Intelligent people wouldn't need a "teacher" to for credits or a GED.....they would be able to self educate. So we can assume that your students are of below intelligence----
What part of "These students are HS dropouts" did you not understand?

The reasons why students 'drop out of HS' are plentiful.
Many different reasons.
1). Social
2). Academic
3). Motivation
4). Family
5). Money
6). Gangs
7). Other...........

You have me there

I dont gave children in school
You can still go and talk to your local schools. Maybe even arrange a meeting with your local district superintendent. As long as you reside in the District and pay your property taxes then you have a say and I think you’ll find most people willing to talk openly about whatever is going on.

Forum List

Back