Another Robert E. Lee Monument in the News

Lewdog

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2016
Williamsburg, KY
I just saw this article on Yahoo and thought it was interesting as it was in a town I grew up in. I never even knew the monument was there despite being on Dixie Highway all the time. In fact my childhood home was just off Dixie Highway and I used to go to a movie theater and worked at the mall on that road.

"
FRANKLIN, Ohio (AP) — Robert E. Lee never fought a battle in Ohio during the Civil War. But he's part of one now.

A roadside marker honoring the Confederate general has swept a small city into the heated conflict over Confederate monuments, in the aftermath of the deadly violence triggered by a white supremacist rally this month called to protest the planned removal of a Lee statue in his home state.

"It's going on all over the country," said Larry Etter, shutting down his riding mower to chat. "Half the people didn't even know it was here. But now little Franklin, Ohio, is in it because of what happened in Virginia.""

Little Ohio city swept into national battle over monuments

robert-e-lee-warren-ohio.jpg

Lots of PURGING to do for the Maoists. They need to get busy.. After all -- there's no more pressing issue than REMOVING all discussion and remembrance of a Civil War that killed MORE AMERICANS than in WW2..

But I suggest they start with the FULL SIZE statue of Jefferson Davis in the Capitol building.

Why hasn't the Dem leadership dynamited that one in place for 60 years??

Lots of PURGING to do for the Maoists. They need to get busy.. After all -- there's no more pressing issue than REMOVING all discussion and remembrance of a Civil War that killed MORE AMERICANS than in WW2..

But I suggest they start with the FULL SIZE statue of Jefferson Davis in the Capitol building.

The irony of it all is, Franklin and Springboro where I grew up was a big part of the Underground rail road. Lots of the buildings along Main Street in Springboro had secret compartments in the basements that linked each of them together where slaves could hide and be moved.

"As a major stop in Ohio's Underground Railroad, there are more safe houses in Springboro than any other place in the state. Original Quaker houses where slaves once sought cover in hidden tunnels and secret rooms still line the streets."

Underground Railroad Tour, Springboro | Roadtrippers

Wow a 2 for 1! Not only is it a Robert E Lee memorial there is a reference to the Dixie Highway! If you Liberals tear that one down you get bonus points.

"If you liberals..."

It's hard to take people's posts seriously when they bring up shit like that in every post when no one in this thread has condoned the monument being taken down.

The irony of it all is, Franklin and Springboro where I grew up was a big part of the Underground rail road. Lots of the buildings along Main Street in Springboro had secret compartments in the basements that linked each of them together where slaves could hide and be moved.

"As a major stop in Ohio's Underground Railroad, there are more safe houses in Springboro than any other place in the state. Original Quaker houses where slaves once sought cover in hidden tunnels and secret rooms still line the streets."

Underground Railroad Tour, Springboro | Roadtrippers

Daughters of the Confederacy are everywhere. So it's not that surprising. That's what they do. They keep the honor alive in all that blood spilled. More Americans KILLED in the Civil War than in BOTH World Wars !!!!

Recognition of that cost is part of the KNOWLEDGE that comes with the history.
Most of those Southerners were fighting for MORE than slavery..

Forum List

Back