The Melted Lee Statue

"Charlottesville prevailed in a protracted legal battle with the Sons of Confederate Veterans and other groups, and donated the Lee statue to a coalition that proposed to melt it down and create a more inclusive public art installation"

Want to see what happened to the General Lee statue?
Some good pics, story and audio about the end of that statue and how it was cut up and melted down.

Do not know the definition of "to see'?????????????

Lee was no traitor since he did not want to conquer the Union. He only wanted to separate from it.

That doesn't make sense. He fought against the Union, which makes him a traitor. Had the South won, then he'd have been okay, because he wouldn't have been a part of the US any more. Washington and the Founding Fathers were traitors to England, but since the US separated, then they could be heroes, but they weren't heroes to England, were they>

Lee was a treasonous war criminal and a defender of slavery who sought to destroy America – he deserved no monument.

Indeed, the Lee statue – like other such monuments – were created decades after the war for purely racist reasons: to intimidate black Americans and to reinforce Jim Crow, black codes, and segregation.

You don't know what the fuck you're talking about. The south fought to preserve States rights in the face of massive federal overreach and abuses. The way of life they chose was perfectly legal at the time. Only truly ignorant, self-absorbed commie asshole, such as yourself would even attempt to judge the people of that era by today's standards.

What Academy did Robert E. Lee graduate from, shitlords?

"A son of Revolutionary War officer Henry "Light Horse Harry" Lee III, Lee was a top graduate of the United States Military Academy and an exceptional officer and military engineer in the United States Army for 32 years. He served across the United States, distinguished himself extensively during the Mexican–American War, and was Superintendent of the United States Military Academy. "

The same West Point that scrubbed the stink of his name off their campus? 😄

You don't know what the fuck you're talking about. The south fought to preserve States rights in the face of massive federal overreach and abuses. The way of life they chose was perfectly legal at the time. Only truly ignorant, self-absorbed commie asshole, such as yourself would even attempt to judge the people of that era by today's standards.

Oh! Did we hurt your feelings titty baby?

:itsok:

Robert E. Lee was an inclusive part of American history.

Leftist shitlords want to exclude his contributions to American history.
He was an inclusive part of Confederate History, what were his contributions to American History?

Hitler is a part of German History, but you don't see statues and monuments of the POS.

I'm not into the destruction of artwork.

Especially American historical artwork.

That's Red Guard or ISIS level crap right there.

Let's see what they create with it. They said they would make something. Let's see what it is.
Probably a mad liberal wearing a pussy hat.

The tolerant, open minded Left strike again.
Like opposing the teaching of slavery and segregation and Jim Crow in our schools.

Moms for Liberty (an ironic name if ever there was one) even opposes Ruby Bridges Goes to School: My True Story being allowed in school libraries.

One of their complaints about the book is that it has Norman Rockwell's The Problem We All Live With in it.

The tolerant Right.

ruby.jpg

"Charlottesville prevailed in a protracted legal battle with the Sons of Confederate Veterans and other groups, and donated the Lee statue to a coalition that proposed to melt it down and create a more inclusive public art installation"

Want to see what happened to the General Lee statue?
Some good pics, story and audio about the end of that statue and how it was cut up and melted down.

I love seeing DemoKKKrats melting down statues of other DemoKKKrats.

lol

He was loyal to his state. He was about to join the Union army when they invaded Virginia.

I know more about the Civil War than all you shitheads.

I have bullets from it, too. .78 and 1 Oz balls.
Oooooh! Bullets! Big whoop.

I had a few mini balls at one time.

Lee had a choice. Betray the United States or STAY HOME!

He chose to be a traitor.

He was an inclusive part of Confederate History, what were his contributions to American History?

Hitler is a part of German History, but you don't see statues and monuments of the POS.
Yet we see statues and painting of George "Fentanyl" Floyd, don't we?

Really? Prove what you think I got wrong.

You mean prove what you are emotional bitch about? Sure.
You don't know what the fuck you're talking about. The south fought to preserve States rights
Wrong. It was interested in only one particular State right and that was the right to slavery. It was so important to the Confederacy that they made the right to own slavery constitutionally protected and barred any State from having the right to end the practice. You can't honestly claim to be about States rights with regard to slavery and then make it impossible for your own States to end it.
in the face of massive federal overreach and abuses.
If there is federal over reach or abuse the arbiter of that is the Supreme Court. Without their legal judgment this is nothing more than an expression of what you feel is over each and abuse, not what has been actually litigated as such. In fact the Supreme Court later ruled States have no right to session.
The way of life they chose was perfectly legal at the time.
Their session wasn’t.
Only truly ignorant, self-absorbed commie asshole, such as yourself would even attempt to judge the people of that era by today's standards.

These are just emotional pejoratives. I'll judge people by my standards and you can judge people by yours. Time has nothing to do with it.

George Thomas, a general from Virginia, fought for the Union.

David Farragut, of "Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!" fame, was a Tennessee native who lived in Virginia and New Orleans. He fought for the Union.

Lee had a choice. He chose to betray America.

Forum List

Back